Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm confused. Is this some sort of argument about sola fide, one way or the other? Is Lietha one of those Jack Chick types who thinks good works are completely irrelevant? I only know about his ark fetishism and hatred of Bill Nye.

Or is it literally just "person is famous and seems good but maybe is not a good person slash true christian makes u think"?
Works vs. faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Can we, as a society, agree to fast forward a week to bypass any remaining "Trump in a diaper as Baby New Year" cartoons
Yeah, please only post them if they're erotic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

To be fair we are a hive-mind, so that's pretty weird.
I think it's chive-mind, isn't it?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Syrnn posted:

It will never quite live up to the glory of Bleached Bones, and I really need to learn Photoshop some day, but this just kind of popped in there:

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

I've read it, it's worth your $3.
Someone posted a page in PYF and it contains the following sentence: "I've just arrived from the United States and I'm looking to do something hosed up." So yes it is.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Prickly City should be called Calvin and Hobbes, because it's predestined to be nasty, brutish, and suck.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

She won the popular vote you utter loving hack.
Actually, there were 24 million illegal Clinton votes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

the right to bear arms shall not be infringed
Actually, bear arms aren't used in many spells or potions.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

i see what you're doing, but to me, the second amendment is sacred and i ask that you respect that in the future
Me, at the gun store: The Constitution is open but never broken. Merry meet, and merry part, and merry meet again.

Gun seller: So mote it be.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Uh, nuns made a choice to become nuns? This is super disingenuous because it doesn't do a good idea of actually picking an idea that is imposed upon Christian women externally.
It's a criticism specifically of the position of women in the Catholic church. Nuns have no real voice or power in the Catholic structure, women can't be priests, etc.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, Christianity as a whole often is imposed on women externally.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmfao at Grouchy Chuck

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

The Nightmare Needle
Ivanka's been calling it that since she was little.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sleeptalker posted:

To clarify the jumbled Rallthink here:
  1. Boris Yeltsin is to blame for the dissolution of the USSR
  2. The USSR would otherwise have been occupying Afghanistan
  3. Said occupation of Afghanistan would have prevented 9/11
  4. Without 9/11, the US would not be "running amok"
  5. The invasion of Iraq thus would not have happened
  6. The invasion of Iraq killed a million Iraqis
  7. Therefore, everything is Yeltsin's fault and he was a drunk monster with the wrong religious beliefs whose death should be laughed at forever
  8. Ted Rall is the best
He's depicting Yeltsin in Limbo because some of the those things are good (the USSR falling, ending the occupation of Afghanistan) but others are bad (the US running amok, 9/11, etc.)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's still dumb and shallow and Rall is an rear end, but it's not a complex statement.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

This can't be real, a smiling Assad getting rid of the pests?
It's real, and I love everything about it so much.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The smiling al-Assad just trying to eliminate the vermin with gas, as drawn by a Jewish cartoonist, literally has a Hitler mustache. The cartoonist supports this action.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

It's also crossing the line IMO.
Literally laughing out loud (lolling) IRL (in real life)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ramos posted:

Context, she isn't being jailed for laughing at Sessions, she's liable to go to jail up to a year for interrupting a senate hearing. Like you're free to mock people all you want in government but you can't just go interrupting its processes without getting smacked around.
Lmao you're defending the Sessions justice department.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

That's an awful caricature of Ryan.
I disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WE want ORB toons! [clap clap clapclapclap]

• Locked thread