Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume Fish wrote "muslims" twice on accident.

He likes Muslims!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Some serious Pigman-level poo poo right there.

I'm sad that nobody has yet picked up on the fact that Bowling Green, Kentucky is John Carpenter's hometown. Have an appropriate image, even if it's a T-shirt and not a cartoon.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

It still has gendered pronouns such as he, she, it. Since pronouns can replace any noun, every noun can be replaced by one (or more) pronouns, and therefore every noun is actually gendered.

I don't think you know how gendered pronouns work in English.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

Have there been any "nice" portrayals of him yet? So far only people who are critical of him and Trump have drawn him as far as I can recall; it seems like the pro-Trump people are doing their best to ignore his existence entirely.

The pro-Trump people can't mention Bannon because everyone knows he's a white supremacist - even his friends describe him as one.

When you get down to it, it's literally "ignore the man behind the curtain". Trump wanted to be President, but even during the campaign he was clear that he didn't want the work. Remember Donnie Jr's approach to John Kasich, where he said that Trump's VP would be in charge of "foreign and domestic policy"? That's the entire job being abdicated to the VP. Then he gets into power and finds that the system doesn't work that way, he can't abdicate that stuff. But he still doesn't want the work, so instead he just signs whatever his advisors - mainly Bannon - tell him to. If a pro-Trump cartoonist included Bannon he would call attention to that, in the process calling attention to the fact that Trump is surrounded by bad people who are really running the country while he showboats and tweets. Even Garrison can't do that, his fascist ideal of Trump has to be strong and capable and have no need of advice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cpt.Americant posted:

I'd maybe not be so quick to say Beck hasn't changed. Beck has was never-Trump so hard that Trump's rise made him question a lot of things. He's beginning to think "Hey, maybe when Democrats called us racist we actually were, because there is no other way to explain why these supposed free trade conservatives love Trump." He's become a supporter of Black Lives Matter, he's become pro-refugee, pro-illegal immigrant (at least those brought here as Children), and has worked with a group in New York that are fighting for LGBT equality before the law. This is not to say he's a good person, he still puts Tomi Lahren on his network, but Beck is one of the few rare people that seem to have improved since Trump and not just in comparison.

I haven't listened to Beck, but isn't he extreme libertarian? That would put him ideologically in opposition to Trump, who is extreme authoritarian.

One thing I do recall about Beck is that he's supported gay marriage for a few years now. Not because he thinks it's right, but because he thinks it's not something government should have a say on. It's an admirable consistency of belief.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

There's the Varvel art style I've loathed all this time, I was getting worried that he was starting to improve.

Come now, we cannot afford a September 10th mentality.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

quote:

Those who live in glass houses should not throw punches.

Why, Mr Panels, are you implying that we should start shooting Nazis? If so, please join the orderly queue over there by the wall.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Despera posted:

First thing to know about beck is that he is crazy and everything just kind of flows from there

Right now he's crazy in a good way, though. As evidence I present this:

When Glenn loving Beck is laying down the high-class owns on you it may be time to reappraise some of your life choices, starting with your wish to continue doing so.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

First they killed the natives, then they took their badass shades? Harsh.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kids don't want to go to school, AGC.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Preview your posts and use timg tags where necessary

Seriously what is up with constant lovely toon dumps this year?

In this case, he's a lovely gimmick poster whose gimmick is to flood the thread with pictures and wait for someone to spot the ones he cribbed from earlier posts and complain.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Red Panels desperately hoping people forget that he supports ISIS.

Just a reminder that Red Panels literally supports beheadings for women for having an opinion.

I think that's more "... So they're not all bad, then" based on ISIS probably wanting to behead Elizabeth Warren than it is actual support.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Angepain posted:

I like how we've all given up on king possum ever paying attention to the thread or the dates of things and just accepted reposts as a fact of life now.

This looks like an edit, is there an original version of this by someone?

<right clicks>
<chooses Search Image on TinEye>
<0.7 seconds pass>

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bannon is drawn as wearing a monk's robe. For those who don't get the reference: after the fall of Berlin Hitler's private secretary Martin Bormann - who did much the same job as Bannon - disappeared. It was later rumoured that he'd been seen in an Italian monastery dressed as one of the monks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Starshark posted:

Ah, so dumb and wrong.

And outright fascist. But we should expect no less from a man who beats his wife.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Keiya posted:

Yes they loving are you moron! "No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law". Not "no citizen" or "no American". "No person". NO. PERSON. IT'S TWO loving WORDS.

The Constitution also starts "We, the People", though. There's a logical case to be made for the drafters to be talking only about the citizens of the United States when they refer to people or a person, because they had no right to refer to anyone else. This goes double when most of your nation only exists because a whole heap of non-citizens were deprived of their lives, liberty and property.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

FronzelNeekburm posted:

He mentions it in his rant, but current Gov. Jerry Brown was known as "Moonbeam" when he was governor before, in the '70s.

It blows my mind that the current governor of California is the same guy the Dead Kennedys were singing about in 1978.

Trapezium Dave posted:

I like to try and tap out the rhythm and give up half way because even by political cartoon standards it is dire.

Most of us want to tap out when we read Bruce Drinkmore.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Geh kak afen yam, Kirschen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

Where does the whole Warren = Pocahontas / native american thing come from?

She's one of those Americans who claim to be 1/17th <insert ethnicity>, and in this case it's Native American.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Prism posted:

Because whoever installed the door put hinges on (nearly) opposite sides, the door cannot be opened. She must throw the stone to free herself.

A poorly constructed cartoon. In multiple ways.

The "hinge" on the left side is the latch. Congratulations on being dumber than Branco.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pretty sure the CIA actually warned that 9/11 was in the offing at least twice before it happened. But if you like the taste of Republican dick, Ramirez, who am I to tell you to stop sucking it?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Fates End posted:

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that guy? I remember the last time I checked this thread regularly, he was one of the few relatively non-shithead conservative cartoonists we had here.

Lance Rengel is better than most in that he can relate to people on a human level, but he still puts the "right" into "obnoxiously self-righteous Christian".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jurgan posted:

I'm confused why "intellectuals" get a separate barrack from "people with IQ over 80."

There's plenty of working class joes who aren't stupid, you know.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

From the newspaper comics thread

I'm assuming this is a goon-made parody? If so they missed the perfect opportunity to call it "John Poult".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Ah yeah, a classic.

Until reading articles about this latest incident, I didn't even know he was gay, just some professional rear end in a top hat hate magnet. Interesting that this was the one thing that was a step too far.

The alt-right need a token gay spokesperson to show they're not homophobic.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

As a fun reminder, a few weeks before Milo hitched his wagon to Gaters, he said that video games weren't for him, any man with their hands "clamped on a 360 controller instead of a pair of tits deserved to be slapped," and people who play video games are "unemployed saddos in yellowing underpants living in their mothers basement," and he did a 180 because he's a whore with no personal moral compass that will say and do anything for attention.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Paedophilo Kidifukalos gay and thus decidedly unlikely to be found groping a woman's breasts? An adult woman, at any rate.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

plainswalker75 posted:

I feel bad for all those cartoonists that now have to redo their Oscar hot-takes.

Don't worry, most of them will be too busy going insane because Best Supporting Actor went to a black Muslim.

By the way, did everyone stop posting cartoons and let King Possum do it? I put him on ignore because I was sick of his gimmick, but now I'm not seeing many cartoons.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somfin posted:

He's already spent more than a year of his life unemployed, with nothing to show for it except poorly-drawn comics that will make any American employer fire him on the spot if he shows them to anyone. His work is clearly not good enough to earn him anything but the total chaos fringe of wingnut welfare, but he's too well-known to escape the spotlight and too obvious to hide from its glare. His fans are the loudest and stupidest of the idiot substrate, and will helpfully broadcast any work of his that they find.

He'll be back drawing within a month, with a comic explaining how living in your stepdad's basement is totally rad and anyone who flats or rents is a mindkilled Illuminati slave.

I don't want to stress someone who is evidently just awakened from a four month coma, but...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

So basically, the colonization of America is because of rich whiteys going all ":argh: MUSLIMS! :argh:"? That makes a lot of sense indeed, thanks Tei.

Being pedantic about it, I think you'll find they were Hispanic.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

After The War posted:

I just started a new job this week, but I'll quit in a heartbeat if something opens up in either of the two industries on the left.

Talk to ISIS or the Taliban, I understand they always have vacancies for IUD makers.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

I think you might mean IED. Those two things are not very similar.

I'm going to blame autocorrect and casually gloss over the fact that I wasn't using my phone to post.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Skippy Granola posted:

As in a "dude ranch" where city folk can go play cowboy for a weekend

*blink*

loving hell, it's been 20 years since Kjeldoran Outpost came out and now I find out why it's nicknamed Dude Ranch? I thought it was just a funny sounding term for a land that made dudes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Look at Obama's hands. How skinny and small they are compared to the strong, manly hands of Donald Trump.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

You say soda is a major contribution to diabetes and obesity, which is... not even a little bit proven. There's a correlation for sure, but there's also a very strong correlation between fatigue and obesity.

Jesus H trampolining Christ. Leave aside the soda thing for a second: you are literally arguing that the correlation between carrying more weight and getting more tired is not causation. This is not an argument that can be made by anyone who has ever walked 100 yards (or climbed a flight of stairs) carrying a couple of heavy shopping bags.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

albany academy posted:

Yes stiglich, the aca was a bandaid when compared to a proper healthcare system.

It's clearly a criticism of the Republican plan, so what's your beef?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

It's an appropriate time for women and people who aren't white to hunt down and kill Donald Trump. A Visit From The Secret Service Cartoon, coming as it does from an artist who isn't white.

Now I'm actually wondering if that's why Branco seems (even) dumber since Trump took over. He's making GBS threads out the most slavish praise and broadest criticism because he's scared that if he draws anything less he'll no longer be "one of the good ones".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Democrats would have touched the sides.

Donald Trump has never touched the sides.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Prism posted:

And even smaller than that, 'pussy grabbers'.

I can't make out anything past that even on maximum zoom.

And between the two "Straight people". Garrison thinks everyone who has a college education is a pinko queer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

Beg to differ. I did a spot of Googling after reading Malcolm Turnbull's eulogy for the man, and it turns out Leak was a loving good painter who provided portraits for the Australian government.

Former Australian PM Bob Hawke:

Legendary cricketer Donald Bradman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

That's the most interesting resignation letter since David Gemmell made his boss the villain of his fourth novel.

• Locked thread