Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

Have we started getting drunk duck's new year's predictions or is that also on a two-week delay with him?

He'll start those mid-January, do them until late February, then it'll be time for Mallentines into the summer.

It occurs to me that since Chuck Schumer is now the most important elected Democrat in DC, get ready for a whole lotta Jewey Jew Jew winks and nods from Tinsley. Oh joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Merry GalatianMan #1000, everyone.

Get ready for a ton of this. (Trump does terrible thing.) Sheeesh, why are you libs so mean and rude about everything?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

beepsandboops posted:

Seeing a lot of this on Twitter today, from the most recent New Yorker

But this election wasn't really about that. Trump's whole shtick is that he's so brilliant that he and he alone can fly the plane. He's as equally domineering to The Common Man as his supporters feign the libs to be, except in his case he's doing it to save them instead of, y'know, giving black people free stuff and selling the US out "international bankers" and such.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The GOP is gonna gut Congress's independent ethics panel, so I'm sure all the cartoonists who got their rocks off showing BOOGA BOOGA HILLARY sitting on a bunch of garbage cans/luggage/random boxes labeled "SCANDAL" and poo poo will really be concerned oh who am I kidding.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

OK, the drone next to the #1 Dad mug is pretty great.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

JESUS CHRIST THIS IS LITERALLY "I HAVE NO FURTHER INSIGHT IN MY POLITICAL CARTOONS OTHER THAN 'THESE GUYS SUCK'"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

IITYWIMWYBMAD

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cartoonists like Branco are so dim that they think just quasi-repeating a Democratic quote FOX bitched about constitutes a sick burn. If you want to keep your you didn't build that, you can 57 states your arugula.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Agreed with the "gently caress spiders" take. I don't care if they're vaguely useful, God/natural selection is a dick for making them at the same time serial-killer-clown levels of sinister.

"Ahh, see you just need to tighten the bolts on this. Here, let me get you the blood-and-pus/microwaved-doll-head-covered wrench that was brought into mutilated creation by a band of Satanists. It's useful."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like Trump and he is awesome and he makes me happy! - Mike Lester, professional opinion dude

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'd say something but I'm afraid a well-fed New Republic writer will tut-tut me for not being appropriately deferential to the whims and hot takes of America's heartland morons.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Needs a "check your local cable provider for what channel ESPN 2 is"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

I think Branco may be further up Trump's rear end than even Garrison.

ZOMG OBAMA'S GONNA DO WW3 is a line straight from the Nazi-frog set, and also it's stupid as gently caress.

If you're a standard-issue hack, you draw pussy Obama slinking off away from the White House, probably to go golf or try on rainbow ties or whatever. If you're Branco levels of lunacy, you draw him attempting to start a nuclear crisis, y'know, somehow.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You get paid thousands of dollars by right-wing fundamentalists to sit on your rear end all day and "draw" this poo poo. It must be very hard for you.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Congrats to JRROSE! for James Madison's NCAA FCS Championship.

e: and here it is!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

One of these days I'll get around to creating a "FUNKY" t-shirt.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Do I want to know what "Bh Burger" is supposed to mean? Pretty sure it isn't "Bal Harbor".

Barack Hussein, I guess.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

Ben doesn't seem to have a very favorable view of Sweden

Got real racist with it, huh? - Dee Reynolds

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

M'Garrison's response when Trump inevitably doesn't have George Soros arrested will be:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trump's win was a very personal loss for me. He is an exemplar of all the personality characteristics I would not want to see in a friend, coworker, boss, employee, or just someone on the street. I hate him on a personal, individual level in a way that I have never hated any politician I have seen before and would jump for joy if some giant symbol in America reflected my feelings.

I keep saying that if Trump worked for my company, HR would toss him out on his rear end in a week.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

21 Muns posted:

I wonder if there could be a news story so disgusting and horrible that JRROSE would take a significant amount of time off of doing political cartoons because he can't make it not clash with his persona. Like, I'm picturing months' worth of news cycles completely dominated by a Trump child molestation trial.

(drawing of a forlorn guy holding a huge newspaper with the headline "TRUMP MOLESTATION TRIAL ENTERS NINTH MONTH" and the subhead "TRUMP IS ACCUSED OF MOLESTING TWENTY CHILDREN OVER THE COURSE OF THREE DECADES")

"Wow, this is a trial on my patience!"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Wow, that Day by Day is pretty racist!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Disregarding whether or not he was right in this characterization – and he was, BTW – Obama said the guns/religion thing eight loving years ago.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Squashy Nipples posted:

These cartoons that attempt to make some sort of equivalence between Trump and Lewis are making me psychotically angry.

If there's any consolation, I live a few blocks from here:

I'm sure the AF Branco one will be going up a quarter to never. These asshats aren't worthy to shine Lewis' shoes; the people who somehow need convincing of that aren't worth your time.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

AGC

quote:

HURR DURR CELEBRITIES MILLENNIALS EVERYONE GETS A TROPHY OBAMA DUMB ARUGULA DIJON MUSTARD YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

The party that never ventures from Fox News cracking about "safe spaces" will never not be hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJb1wXCxfo

Yes, Tim Kaine pantsing this idiot is definitely waah-waah-dumb-baby talk.

I look forward to four years of Trump's presidency being a fast-moving trainwreck, and McCoy donning the cheerleader outfit and pompoms and giving us "yeah but Democrats are BABIES" in response. loving hack.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hey remember when wingnuts shat their pants because Obama had a Greek column thing at the '08 DNC

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

gently caress.

quote:

You.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

21 Muns posted:

IIRC Stilton Jarlsberg is his actual name and he used to write for Barney. Like, the purple dinosaur.

And Lester and the McCoys do stuff for children, too.

So did Sandusky, though.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Here have another

Ahh, 70den. He was always so enamored with his own halfwit wordplay. Remember "Baltimoron"?

And now he's dead.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hahahahahahaha

Obama's only got two hours left to start WW3 and repeal the Second Amendment and install Sharia Law! Or else all these pants-pissing cranks will be wrong! Imagine that.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

Why does he always draw Trump as some buff young alpha? Does he have a crush on him?

Are you asking if Ben M'Garrison has serious hangups about his own masculinity, and projects his self-desires onto Trump because Trump is a vulgar rear end in a top hat to the people who laugh at Ben? Because it's that, not a "crush" per se.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Trump has filled like 20 of 600 WH administrative positions, but he's taking a long weekend, probably hit up Twitter a few (hundred) times while chilling at Mar-A-Lago.

Also Obama was lazy and golfed all the time

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

World Famous W posted:

It is time, my friends. May whatever diety you worship hold you in safety.

gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAlmXQAyqJs

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

This one is good. Makes me wonder if I'm misinterpreting it somehow.

Cole is One of the Good Ones. It's a classic gag, but well done.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

loquacius posted:

This is both a really weird read on Bors and a really weird read on this cartoon

I generally love Bors, but he runs in the same circles as shitheads like Freddie DeBoer and, of course, Todd Rool – preening aesthetic "leftists" who never miss an opportunity to hot take against the milquetoast tut-tutting center-liberals in their head. HA HA YOU WIMPS ARE DEFENDING THE NAZI; I mean, the majority of the mainstream liberals I know laughed their asses off at it, but y'all do you guys.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

loquacius posted:

how exactly are you seeing factional salt in this cartoon

Bors is expressing the same viewpoint multiple people in this thread have been expressing for pages upon pages -- fascism is the ultimate evil, opposing it even via violence is a morally good act, and objections to that violence ignore historical precedent and grossly equivocate. It's pretty straightforwardly a philosophical assertion, not an assignment of blame to your faction. Put plainly, I think you're reading this implication in and it comes off as a little defensive.

I'm a leftist too FWIW

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

This is good, but it really misses the detail from Conway's buttons:

Yep, golden cats. Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Half a loving week into Trump's presidency and all the boot-licking wingnuts can come up with is b-b-b-b-b-b-but libs meaner!.

• Locked thread