Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Ramirez doesn't have a foot fetish; but he definitely has a shoe fetish.

He also fetishizes big, fat trains and planes, but that's probably the futurist (read: proto-fascist) in him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Technowolf posted:

New Years Resolutions: then and now.

If I had made that gag, I would have gone with a team of cloned Custers.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Everyone ends in Hell for all fall short of the glory of God and so on. Worship Sithrak, the god that hates you unconditionally.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

AGC

Also lol at the terror car. Payne can't help himself, he has to draw cars.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Starving Wolf posted:

Gorrell should teach a master's course on how to be a lazy shitheel.

He would, but he unwittingly signed a non-compete agreement with Kirschen because he was too lazy to read the fine prints.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

What, they didn't get several months to bring their deprecated bank notes to a bank for exchanging them to smaller notes? Or were there just a lot of people who missed the memo until it was too late?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shangri-Law School posted:

Indiscriminate cynicism benefits the actual cynics.

We need actual, old school cynics. Like Diogenes.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Control Volume posted:

TRUE/FALSE:
Trump is the reincarnation of grigori rasputin converted to the religion of venture capitalism, resurrected by a foul voodoo ritual headed by necromancer vladmir putin to sap the strength of undying neoliberal lich Hillary Rodham Clinton and defeat her in the election with the help from sinister kgb operatives

TRUE

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's a good cartoon, the message is clear. Trump claiming credit for jobs is like a rooster claiming credit for making the Sun rise.

haveblue posted:

Still want to know why Ted Nugent isn't dead or in jail yet.

Obama would have won a third term if he had jailed or killed Ted Nugent.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

I haven't read 1984 in like ten years but I'm 75% sure this is not how Newspeak works

Mostly it's a tepid weak sauce burn that comes eight years too late.

Besides in the double-think category I think Trump is the undisputed champion; the guy can contradict himself twice in the same sentence and yet according to all his followers he's completely sincere all the time.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

People keep saying stuff like this but I've never heard an example of an indoor pest that a spider might kill that is worse than the spider itself

What, do you have a horsefly infestation inside your home or something? Why are literal arachnids part of your pest-control setup, are you a Halloween witch?

sorry for the anti-spider hot take, guys, but I'm virulently racist against all members of the arachnid family

How about more spiders? A common house spider around here, good old skull spider, eats flies and also bigger, more dangerous spiders. Like tarantulas.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

haveblue posted:

The guy on the right is Merrick Garland, who's going back down having never even gotten a chance to do what he went up to do.

Doesn't look like Garland to me.

In fact I first thought it was the soon-to-be-ex French president, Hollande.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

So, Pramirez, when Assange and Wikileaks then decides to go specifically against Hillary Clinton and the DNC (and not at all against Trump and the GOP), what does that mean?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kopijeger posted:

Onion domes on a non-church building? That's almost as bad as using the hammer and sickle to symbolise the contemporary Russian government.

Now, if he had drawn the Russian White House (seat of their government) instead, then it would be a neat visual pun:

Yeah but he went for "instantly recognizable Russian landmark" instead of "technically correct but comparatively obscure building". It's like the fake cyrillic thing.

Like, if the hackers were from Australia he'd have drawn the Sydney Opera House. From India, the Taj Mahal. From France, the Eiffel Tower. That kind of things.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Please timg your eleventy billion by thirty-twelve trillion pixel photos.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is there... any suggestion that the Russians have been involving themselves with European elections?

They did fund a lot of anti-EU parties all over the EU; but I'm not aware of anything as blatant as for the US elections where they've done everything they could to sabotage Clinton's campaign.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

D.N. Nation posted:

Congrats to JRROSE! for James Madison's NCAA FCS Championship.

e: and here it is!

That ugly dog with the ugly crown is a ugly mascot.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The wall of crazy full of shitthatdidnthappen.txt and oppositeofreality.txt is becoming no longer funny or infuriating, just boring.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Stroop There It Is posted:

It can be (and frequently is) both. Homophobia and transphobia are misogyny's little brothers. Adam4D's garbage about raising boys to be boys and girls to be girls is about all three.

And both are born out of pure selfishness.

The reason why they think Obama is gay or Michelle is trans? They did things to improve the life of gays and trans. And little-minded tribalist people like Garrison cannot imagine anyone doing something disinterested: if Obama made things better for LGBT people, it's because he's one of them! Also it's a zero-sum game, if you make things better for group A, things will get worse for group B, C, D... That's why they end up voting for people who promise to make things worse for every minority out there.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Not a political cartoon, but it's a cartoon, and political.

We live in a hosed up era.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They should simply file for bankruptcy on January 21.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

quote:

Since the election, as the New York Times reported, he’s banned oil drilling off the Atlantic coast, named over 100 people to a range of senior government jobs, created new environmental monuments, commuted the sentences of 232 inmates and pardoned 78 others, protected funding for Planned Parenthood clinics, ordered the transfer of detainees from Guantanamo Bay and blocked new Israeli settlements.

So a bunch of objectively excellent things got done. Thanks Obama.

And thanks Trump, for reminding Obama not to rest on his laurels.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nenonen posted:

Uhm, Dees, salami is not kosher

That's what they want you to think! :tinfoil:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A Dry Bones cartoon that doesn't take the worst side available? Shocking.

If there's one group that is sure to make every skin color feel at ease, it's definitely the neonazis!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Syrnn posted:

I'll preface this saying that I'm not very tech-savvy, but I also no luddite, but... Am I just really getting old and out of touch or is everything suddenly being termed the very non-specific "Cyber[word]" sounding like uninformed minds locked in the technological awareness of the 1980s? Has this really been the industry jargon lately?

Maybe we'll see "multimedia" and "information superhighway" make a comeback, too.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's so weird to think that Jazz used to be scandilicious. I guess everything shocking and new becomes traditional and classical eventually.

Man I bet if we brought back jousting people would find it shocking and immoral

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Keru posted:

So, does this mean we can post KC Green in here as a political cartoonist now?

In fact...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The Pissydent-Elect

It used to be: POTUS
Now it's: POTTY

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Garrison predicts Prussian secessionism as a consequence of immigration.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kopijeger posted:

So is the boy. But the best part is that they are completely nonchalant about the dog pissing on the oddly old-fashioned TV set, concerned with neither the smell nor the potential damage to the surroundings.

They're Trumpists, of course they love piss.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

So JRRRRROSE!!! is capable of being critical towards Trump?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ThePeavstenator posted:

hmm yes maybe your lame internet liberal caricature resembling Sargon of Akkad was not a good idea when he agrees with many of your shithead opinions

Didn't they get into a slapfight?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pants Donkey posted:

I imagine a decent chunk of Americans think the native birth requirement for presidency is not really relevant. I mean, what are the odds today of a foreign nation trying to install their puppet as a leader of a rival or enemy nation?

If that's actually the reason for that requirement, then with the electoral college that gives it a 2/2 safety systems that completely failed to work.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Nonesense I'm sure we had more failed safety systems than two

Arguably the primaries were the first failure.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Yes you can prove logic exists.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain: addendum:
Independent:

After Titian

First time the wigweasel looks cute. :3:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Syrnn posted:

I know this gets reposted a lot, but now I'm beginning to see it as a Delphic prophecy of some sort. Also, Shane is dead.

Well I don't think after 16 years the Shrub Presidency is seen any more fondly than it was back then, since even the Republicans have tried to distance themselves and Junior has completely left politics; however who knows how perceptions will be altered by 4+ years of Trump.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Selachian posted:

Bell isn't done with this one.

Silly Bell, Conservatives don't give a gently caress about the Constitution as long as they're the ones in power!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mystic Mongol posted:

The CIA and Iraq were both policies of Obama? And both the house and the senate? Man, love him or hate him, you gotta admit Obama's started a lot of influential organizations.

Millions of dead due to Obama's invention, Iraq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I thought "GP" meant "general practitioner" but apparently it really means "goat people".

• Locked thread