Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Nobody is beholden to their own logic. They want to suppress minorities and thrive off that. They debate liberals in their own language while mocking it because it's easy and effective to those ends. As effective as you let it be. You've already concluded they are Nazis. Why debate them anymore?

Then stop letting them into the conversation. They don't get stumped by inconsistencies because they don't sincerely believe what they say.
None of that was addressed to them
tthere's value in letting everyone know you personally haven't been conned by the con men and

santanotreal posted:

...making sure other idiots aren't drawn to their shorty logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Is too.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Plan Z posted:

Stuff like this is why I kind of call bullshit on the "Clinton didn't appeal to the rust belt" jargon. Any Trump supporter you talk to mostly seems to care how much he's making liberals "LOL MAD BRO?" or by completely misunderstanding anything about him. The majority of support I see for him just seems to be wishful thinking for him to be against all of the leftist boogeymen they've thought up. The absolute turnaround now that they're actually following what he's saying and doing feels like it's helping my point.
It only makes sense since Obama never angered the Right.

What value is there in that?
*prepares response*
*thinks*
*checks rap sheet*

Haha ok!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

There you go. I'm a huge jerk not worth a retort, and it would be pointless to debate me in earnest. Much like Klurf Boy.

"It's pointless to debate idiots."
"Haha ok."
"THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT BY NOT DEBATING ME!!"

You win?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

That was my point, yes. You shouldn't be giving Nazis the validity of an argument. Since for half a year the media did, they have a higher place at the table than you. Organize against them if they bother you, but have something stronger than a list of inconsistencies if you do.
Aaaaaaaaagain: where was I engaging them in debate? Did I address them in anyway? Ask them a question or direct something at them? See, what I'm doing NOW is directing this at YOU and engaging YOU, if I were to take a passive voice and not do that I wouldn't be:

That was my point, yes. You shouldn't be giving Nazis the validity of an argument. Since for half a year the media did, they have a higher place at the table than you. Organize against them if they bother you, but have something stronger than a list of inconsistencies if you do.
"Durr I'm a stupid rear end in a top hat without a real point just some vague nonsense about how acknowledging that Nazis exist is, somehow, acknowledging their right to exist or something duuuurrr."

But then you'd just come back with how refusing to debate you somehow means you win? And how your three word thesis requires a well thought out and articulate retort?

So, with that in mind, was I debating the author of the comic, a person who is not here and will never see my response, or was I highlighting his ignorance for everyone to see and hopefully prevent impressionable people from falling into the trap of either believing his nonsense or not having a retort when confronted by this bullshit?

Keeping in mind that I'm not REALLY responding to you, but grandiosely going in for an easy dunk on your displayed ignorance

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

I like he can't even attempt to defend [Trump admin buffoon] so he backpedals to: YEAH WELL.....BABY KILLER!
Thenexteightyearsinanutshell.txt

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You know, I have a feeling you're right about this. I feel like the "we've got no vetting" narrative goes unopposed, but I'm not sure what's giving me that idea.

EDIT: Let me expand a bit on this. This could be my personal bubble, but even my Democrat voting coworkers seem to think we don't do any real vetting. I see Trump and his thralls bring it up all the time, and get very little pushback for it, if any. It has given me a sense that the "no vetting" narrative is winning, despite being objectively false.
Probably because "all or nothing" is how EVERY issue is framed by the Right and it does, largely, soak in to the point where every conversation on every topic has to begin with "Of course I don't want to take ALL guns/kill EVERY baby/have NO vetting/let ALL black people go unshot etc etc etc". The Wingnut Media machine has a singular vision while the Left has too many divisions to respond succinctly. When you have 34 sources shouting "The Libtards want to ban ALL guns!!" and 435 versions of what the plan actually is/should be in response well, the louder one is going to be prevalent.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
We must fight the mighty ISIL midget cyclopsi!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SomeMathGuy posted:

Except the intended punchline is probably "See? Given the right circumstances liberals hate trans people as well!"

Which is the usual "Haha you're judging them on the content of their character instead of the color of their skin/contents of their underwear, what a hypocrite!!!" type bullshit that the Right ALWAYS thinks is some sort of slam dunk instead of them missing the point so badly it's in danger of hitting the sun.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like if people feel the need to write out the process for firing nukes, or are discussing how nervous they are about a certain person having them, then maybe they shouldn't be given to that person in the first place? Maybe that's just me.
Redpanels is the new Tinsley. I just feel like they are both just following the path of least resistance and don't really want to take the effort to actually think about the issues. Mix that with a lack of empathy and you have this kind of "common sense Republican" that never really change because if you bring up anything outside of black and white they smugly wave you off for "overthinking things" and consider that a POSITIVE trait. Like, they both write something lovely, stupid, and easily rebutted and consider the amount of corrections they receive as proof that they're really getting at those stupid Liberals therefore they win, THEY are the clear thinking tough guy for sticking to their guns while Liberals are weak kneed children always thinking instead of acting. I just feel both ooze that kind of insincerity and a lack of real beliefs.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hahahahaha!!

She's LITERALLY vetting for dummies!! NOICE self burn lunch meat!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

Literally no one thought Trump would start with with Russia. Like that's 100% the opposite of reality.

Reaching back into my head there was something about Putin baiting Trump into talking strong guy rhetoric about Russia so Russia could justify their nuclear build up? My suddenly Rightwing brother was going on about it (from the angle of "Obama increased nuclear infrastructure budgeting so OF COURSE Russia had to respond! You're okay with that but it's bad when Trump does it???")

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 14, 2017

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

logger posted:

Sure Glenn, it is the Democrat's fault that Gen. Flynn was doing deals with Russian diplomats and lying to the FBI about it.
No look at the gun: it's Democrat's fault someone leaked the info.

"Why should YOU be punished for a crime SOMEONE ELSE noticed?"

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So he officially couldn't think of anything to put on the armbands so he just left them empty and then didn't think for a second that someone would help him fill in that particular blank?

The number of people who seem like they have their heads stuck in the stair railings with both hands stuck in to different Pringles cans and STILL think we should value their opinions on important topics like politics is simply astounding.

Also he clearly used one of those light tracer things to draw everything but her body, Christ

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

Have you seen his Bush?

Are we not doing "phrasing" any more?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sandpuppy posted:

Oh, Branco...
Remind me again about which candidate used to attack loving Fire Marshalls for only allowing so many people into his venues?

Branco is the shilliest of the shills, he basically just illustrates talking points with utter disregard for context of any kind.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I'm going to repost this so people who have you on ignore can see it too

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

“My cartoon was about how, in this day and age, decades beyond the civil rights protests, it’s sad that people are still being denied the right to speak freely or do their jobs or enter public buildings because others disagree with who they are or how they think,”

Improbable Lobster posted:

McCoy is so loving goddamn stupid

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

Seriously though, this is honestly one of the dumbest loving arguments I've ever heard.

"All I'm saying is that judging a person by the content of their character is the exact same as judging a person by the color of their skin."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Perverse as opposed to the wholesome and heartwarming original story :confused:
People who don't know assume Romeo and Juliet is a romance instead of a tragedy: they kill themselves because they're loving 13 and stupid.

Says the member of the media that spent 9+ years openly mocking the president.

This is very telling by the way: McCoy, and the Wingnut Right in general, just don't GET that the problem isn't the mockery, no one cares that you were making fun of Obama, it's the purestrain LIES (and, in most cases, just how very bad most of these people are at every aspect of their job from art to metaphor construction). Say "Obama is a poopy head" all you loving want, go you, but saying "Obama declared being a Christian to be illegal" and you've crossed a line. Also, again, you're poo poo at your job so...

hooman posted:

This is loving perfect.
Thank you I try

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Voyager I posted:

This is an unironically good comic. Don't forget to take comfort from the people close to you in these dire times, lest the abyss engulf you.
Yeah it's nice and all, right up until you remember that he was helping to bring this about. Endless "Hillary is such a monster" comics sandwiched in between "boy that third party is going to really be the be-oops" comics with only the teeniest, tiniest sprinkling of "Trump literally punched a preteen girl but boy isn't he just as bad at Hillary??" cartoons. You don't get to bulldoze an orphanage and then expect applause for joining in on the candlelight vigil afterwards.

Garrison literally accuses every person ever who disagrees with him of being in on one of these conspiracies so this is basically just him complaining that the majority is pushing around his minority

Edit: poo poo I doubt you'd need both hands to count the people he actually thinks Uncle Sam there represents, him, Trump...uhhh...

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 17, 2017

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sandpuppy posted:

Yeah, it's really...bizarre? disturbing? unsurprising? how the Trumpsters are not the slightest bit deterred by this nearly month-long show of outright lunacy. Pizzagate, Fake News, Russian hijinks. They don't care. They just dig in deeper. Even the ones I work with, who are old enough to know better, and have things to lose when it all goes tits up.
This is exactly what they want I guess.
Because any day now. Any day now. Trump will turn presidential, any day now he'll make those wonderful deals that bring all the jobs back, any day now Obama will take our guns, any day now, any day now history will smile on GW Bush, any day now, they'll be rich, any day now forever and ever and you can't prove them wrong because even though it hasn't happened YET, it WILL happen any day now.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
FBI Directors:
1941, 1961, and 1968: J. Edgar Hoover, all around scumbag obsessed with "subversives" and self promotion to an exceedingly distracting degree. An unrepentant scumbag there is ZERO chance that Ramirez wouldn't be sucking off his every move were they alive at the same time. Appointed by Calvin Coolidge a Republican who, despite the Southern Strategy, was very much a modern Republican. Ramirez would also love this man.

1991: William S. Sessions. Appointed by Reagan *cough*

2001: Robert Mueller. Appointed by George W Bush. To be fair he replaced the last guy a week before 9/11 so the last guy was Thomas J. Pickard appointed by...George W. Bush...

2017: James Comey. Appointed by Barack "The Islamic Shock" Obama.

Unless Ramirez is talking about a general, vague, "intelligence" blob that only he defines. In which case: good job being right?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Stultus Maximus posted:

He's talking about the CIA.

Founded: September 18, 1947

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Debate & Discussion › Political Cartoons 2017: What?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

obamacare was thought up a conservative think tank and pushed by dole and gingrich. these fucks need to just give it up. gently caress.

No, just the individual mandate is the same. You're saying a bowl of cocaine is the same as a salad because both contain plant products.

Quorum posted:

why in god's name would you pick that color with that patterning for your flattering image of Donald Trump
Because piss gold is different than gold gold god dammit!!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Crowned posted:

Individually we are weak, but when we stand together we can be hard like ice, AGC

Yeah I can't parse that as anything BUT that

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Political Cartoons 2017: No baby! No baby! You're the baby!

This happened once during his campaign, he gave one on message speech and the Right was tripping over itself to declare him "presidential". That didn't last.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Conservatives, female conservatives, male conservatives, black conservatives, gay conservatives, AND Milo Yiannowhatever?? I haven't seen reach like that since Bao Xishun saved those dolphins.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"Why in the world would I need an umbrella: it's not currently raining."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha she sure did end up lookin' like a fool what with how she revealed it live and hadn't ever looked at it before and hyped it up as a big big event EXACTLY like Geraldo did with Al Capone's vault!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Haha there was nothing in Trump's 2005 tax return! Eat that stupid Libtard!!"
"Ok. Can we see more recent ones?"
"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Twelve by Pies posted:

They also think that rich people should pay less taxes because if those rich people just had a little more money, they'd create a bunch of jobs and start paying all their workers more than the minimum wage.

And yeah, "fairness" is a big part of it, that's why you see them talk so much about a flat tax, because "Everyone paying 10% is fair!"

I can SOMETIMES get traction by pointing out that Trump (or "the rich" in general) NEED society more than your average person so of course they should pay more. The Rich use the police and fire more often, use more roads both for traveling and bringing people to their stores, have more to lose if society collapses because while us, you and me Average Joe Great Americans, can fall back on our tool skills and be useful to the community, what would a person whose only skill is online trading bring to the table? It's more FAIR that people who need more government should pay MORE for it. YOU, Average Joe great American, would be ok with your hands on skills and tool ability if worst came to worst, Fat Cat Rich Guy whose fortune is built on people shopping online or at their stores, or trading real estate or stocks would be helpless in that event.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ah yes: that universal symbol for "bad and evil": A loving TREE. Not just a tree, but an old, healthy tree currently being useful to another person.

Sandpuppy posted:

I feel like this is a repurposed "If global warming, why cold?" cartoon.
So you think he changed a "stupid experts don't know anything" comic into a..."stupid experts don't know anything" comic...huh...

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This "quote" has actually come up a bunch and I've yet to see it used correctly. "Let them eat cake" was a response to "The people have no bread" and shows how out of touch Marie was with the people: she assumed the poorest in her country were like her, that they were simply out of bread but had plenty of everything else. Every comic so far has used it as a punishment: let them eat ONLY bread" which misses the point. It also misses the point that, compared to Trump, even the fictional "rich, hated the poors" Marie was a loving saint compared to the real "poors have it better than me" Trump

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Taerkar posted:

The photos he took were in sensitive parts of the sub and, here's the kicker, he's active duty military and therefore is under a different legal code.
He took six separate pictures of a top secret engine room, none of which contained himself, was caught reaching out to foreign governments AND, when they went to his house to talk to him about it, he had smashed his phone, his computer, and his laptop and had buried them in the woods. He had two other shipmates that each took a single selfie of themselves posing in said super secret room, one was fined, the other was demoted. It's almost like they thought Saucier's case was somehow different and tailored the punishment to the crime...

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Cool Johnny Hart tribute.

Yeah poor, infirm and elderly: just get your relatives to buy you food! Jeez! Also you lazy paraplegics just need to walk it off and hey, deaf people, have you tried talking louder?

"Haunted mansion"? Russian? $95 million?
So, being the curious type I looked it up:

quote:

In 2008, Dmitry Rybolovlev bought the Palm Beach mansion owned by Trump for $13 million more than the most expensive Palm Beach mansion sale up to that moment.

quote:

In 2008, Rybolovlev characterized the purchase as a company investment: “This acquisition is simply an investment in real estate by one of the companies in which I have an interest,” Rybolovlev said at the time through a spokesman for Uralkali, the fertilizer company he previously owned.
Rybolovlev added that he didn’t plan to live in the United States.
Nonetheless, he went ahead and paid an exceptionally high, $50 million premium to Trump, then a real estate tycoon and reality TV host, for a property he never sought to live in, not even on a part-time basis.
But the mystery is swiftly solved:

quote:

Rybolovlev had disavowed any interest in the property during his messy divorce from now-ex-wife, Elena.
In her 2009 lawsuit, Elena said Dmitry “has a history of secreting and transferring assets in order to avoid his obligations” — including the payments to her as part of their divorce.

quote:

In 2011, court documents in his divorce stated that “Mr. Rybolovlev has not purchased or managed any real estate in Florida for investment purposes, either directly or indirectly,” according to a motion filed in the divorce case.
That was news to Trump.
“Somebody paid me $100 million,” Trump told a Palm Beach Post reporter in February 2011.

quote:

At various times in court records, Rybolovlev said the house was for investment purposes, then said it would be for his children, or maybe an inheritance, or it might be used in connection with his daughter because she was an equestrian, according to Newman.
Trump was simply helping a billionaire to hide assets from his wife in a divorce! Nothing sinister at all!

quote:

Trump made a hefty profit on the flip: He had scooped up the estate for $41.35 million in 2004 out of health-care magnate Abe Gosman’s bankruptcy filing. In essence, Trump sold for more than double what he had paid four years before.
Before the Trump sale, which at the time was the highest price paid for any single-family home in the country, the most expensive home sold on Palm Beach had been an estate at 1236 S. Ocean Blvd. That property traded hands for $81.5 million earlier in 2008.

Jesus, I bet at secret billionaire meeting they invite Trump to watch him eat worms for the promise of "being his best friend".

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 22, 2017

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

the_steve posted:

That implies that Adam4d would ever admit that a non-Christian organization has faced oppression.
In his world, GLAAD is one of the many ruthless bullies who have been picking on poor, plucky Adam4d-Brand Christianity since the beginning of time.
Yup. When you're RIGHT you face oppression, when you're a filthy wrong gay you're being "gently corrected to help you towards salvation". Sometimes with a rock, sometimes with a noose, but always being helped towards Jesus.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

King Possum III posted:

From the UAE

...yyyeeaaahhh...: no

Fixed

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vib Rib posted:

I could swear I recently saw a PRO-Trump comic with the same imagery, a Democrat/Donkey holding up a stop sign and getting run over. The gist of the comic was "good".

Lisa I think.Shocked DUMBOcrats with "Stop" signs at a checkpoint and Trump blasting through with "Trump agenda" on the back. God Lisa is so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

duz posted:

Well, he got at least one right. That's better than some.
Hmm? Not really no. It wasn't "Yum pink slime!!" then "EW pink slime!!" it was "Yum burger" then "WHAT is in my burger???" People didn't suddenly hate pink slime because THE MEDIA told them to, they genuinely had no idea.

• Locked thread