Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Technowolf posted:

Ben Passmore:

this one rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

Knight:

Zanetti:

righto what's these guys names then

good to see Bill Leak lives on in weakened spirit

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
hey Marlette buddy the election has been over for a loving year you can get off your nothing matters bothsides kick any loving day now

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

D.N. Nation posted:

Has Obama said a drat thing about Trump's decision, or is he still up-to-date on his rent inside Branco's head?
He explicitly talked about Hitler during his speech in Chicago a few days back.

So it's actually "two things happened" but the juxtaposition of those two things makes it look like it's commentary on one thing happening.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... the over-inflated wages of University chiefs

'I want an intensive course on how to become a university vice-chancellor.'
I honestly would not have expected Mac of all people to have a good opinion on this one.
...and I honestly would not have expected loving Bok of all people to... am I misreading this?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Katt posted:

*blows off dust*

I knew this one would come in handy one day.

I straight up saw a "Cthulhu 2016 / Why Settle For The Lesser Evil" bumper sticker about a month back.

You'd think they would have had the loving sense of shame to get rid of that at some point in the first year.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SirSamVimes posted:

wait what

delonas... a good cartoon?????

edit: I just noticed the bin with America First in it. I guess this is just a case of "right opinion, wrong reasons"
this is one of the best Delonases I've ever seen and it's still poo poo

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
ah yes, my favorite old proverb, "go stab a jew"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DONT TOUCH THE PC posted:

They had special "hangover rooms" with a bed at my old place of employment, for the people who couldn't get home after a booze-party.
Officially they weren't ment for that, they were for the night-shift who kept an eye on the particle-accelerator, but that one was disassembled in 1998 so the rooms got another purpose.
I want the job of "night shift guy who keeps an eye on the particle accelerator we took apart twenty years ago". That's some Catch-22 poo poo.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
primo av material in the last panel there

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zemyla posted:

I bet it's already been decided.

A circuit judge ordered election officials to preserve ballot records for the vote. The Alabama Supreme Court overturned the order.

They're just going to falsify the voting records, then claim the original ballots were "lost" when a recount is demanded. The fix is in.
Worth noting, the ACLU tweeted that what's at stake for being preserved here is the electronic records. The paper ballots themselves will be preserved and that wasn't in question. So they do have to do both those steps, and "losing" the ballot is an actual crime...

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 12, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

OAquinas posted:

Jones is in until Dec 2020. Or longer, if he can manage the insane miracle of re-election.

2018 suddenly has the senate in active play for more scenarios than "dems win everything plausible, lose nothing, and then win a few more". This will be interesting--Heller losing plus one more (AZ?), and mcCaskill hanging on, means a dem senate.
People are making noise about TX - Cruz has awful popularity and if turnout like this is possible in Alabama...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

"A Heinous Tact"

...the donkey has a neckbeard :allears:

Ward, you are a master.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Did Gorrell of all people hit on a "Moore" pun that nobody else had used yet?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Bad Reporter with the first use of the "giant pile of paper that says TODAY" but doubtless not the last :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zanzibar Ham posted:

lol at making integrity white
I assume there's a specific reason they had to be "integrity and pride" because then at least he didn't make Pride white, which would definitely have been worse

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Playstation 4 posted:

Was Gump a fundie? I seem to remember reading if you split off whites by evangelical and not, the nots were like 70-30 Jones.
Non-evangelical white women were 75-25 Jones but I haven't seen the numbers for men.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Crabtree posted:

Brb, making a band called Mueller and the Hillaries.
you can open for Piss Tape and the Rosneft Nineteen any day :3:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

I'm glad someone, at least, is just being blunt about all this poo poo. Thanks, Collins. You're good.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jay Rust posted:

A little late (my fault) but here:

I had a conversation about this before the election and we conclusively settled on "never better than now, even if now sucks"

turns out I can pinpoint it now, it was the day before the election

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Groper posted:

America was great up until the late 1400's or so
Even then I think you'll find it was, at best, merely okay.

I genuinely believe America was never better than November 7th 2016 and that we have never been anywhere near "great". We're pretty good by comparison to other places in a lot of ways! But on the whole, it's like that Churchill quote about democracy - I'd rather live now because every other time is worse, not because now rules so much.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Both of the posts quoted used "bias" as the adjective form of "bias". It's not "he is bias", it's "he is biased".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...what the gently caress, McGovern?! I mean, gun control clearly was not a liberal litmus test in 1968 but I have a relatively positive opinion of ol' Acid, Amnesty, and Abortion and this surprises me.

(I'm taking that one back from Nixon because gently caress Nixon)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

VitalSigns posted:

Didn't McGovern vote for Reagan

E: No I remembered wrong, he voted for Ford in '76. He voted for Carter in 1980
Wow:

quote:

MCGOVERN: I have to tell you something I've never said before publicly. I voted for him in 1976.

KING: What?

MCGOVERN: When he -- yes, I did. And at Thanksgiving dinner that year, I never said anything about this to Eleanor or to her five children. But I told them at Thanksgiving time I had voted for President Ford, even though he lost. And I told them why, because I thought he had come in at a difficult time. I didn't know President Carter very well then. And I just felt more comfortable somehow with Gerry Ford. Whereupon my wife Eleanor said, so did I vote for him.

We went around that table -- this is hard to believe -- all five of my kids voted for him. So they get seven votes out of the McGovern family for President Ford and Senator Dole, my long-time Republican friend.

I voted for Carter again in 1980. So with my brand of political luck, I voted against Carter when he won, I voted for him when he lost. But I can justify both of those votes.
Gotta admit I laughed at "with my brand of political luck", though.

And yeah, I guess it's probably just South Dakota plus Racism, but I... well, I'm young, you know? I just want to believe that people in the past had their poo poo more together in some ways, at least. More fool me.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Affordable care, the most terrifying specter.
The Obamadook omg

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Crabtree posted:

wait, so the already damned Marley, is coming to Scrooge and trying to convince him that the thing he liked, trickle down economics, is still a good thing, even though he clearly is bound by the chains he forged in life out of austerity and suffering of the poor.
Tax Reform has perished, while the Dems still exist. Both are focused only on their own welfare (because they're Marley and Scrooge) but Tax Reform laments that he didn't actually do any of the stuff was supposed to have done.

kind of a good cartoon if you squint

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Is that the Klurfsman or some other waste of oxygen?
Someone else, as far as I know Red Panels Nazi hasn't come out of retirement yet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

albany academy posted:

Why would they be seperate people?
Art style is fairly distinct even though they both went for the Ku Klux Klurf look.
e: and I think RP guy was making more than $21/mo back when patreon kicked him off so he could have just set up a hatreon and announced who he was to make more dinero

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
panel three owns, Bad Reporter continues to own

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sandpuppy posted:

What is the TASERS car referring to, specifically?
the government

using them on YOU

THE TAXPAYER

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Technowolf posted:

The four words Trump has "ruined":
lady in the bottom left nails the reason I don't want to describe anything as "great" or "sad" ever again

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Border security? Did they pass something while I wasn't paying attention? Is there a report about illegal crossings being down? I can at least see where the others came from but the only border-related thing I've heard of lately was the start of the wall prototyping which, you know, doesn't actually do anything yet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jay Rust posted:

And my fave:
I like the new and improved slightly less racist Dees.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pants Donkey posted:

I think Dees isn't prejudiced against black people. It's more that his fear of the police leads to an agreeable opinion for once.

That raging antisemitism though
Well yeah, I did have to say “slightly”. He clearly also thinks Native Americans are magical noble savages :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Terminal Lance dude continues to own.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Fifth Third Bank ($1,000 bonus and also raising employee wages to $15/hour where applicable, but I don't know where they exist?)
Pittsburgh has them, so I actually know this - HQ is in Cincinnati and they serve a large chunk of the Midwest and on down to Georgia and Florida. If that's an actual raise, it will likely be meaningful if bank employees typically make state minimum.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The Brits don't have Sir Mix-a-Lot. An Accurate Cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Looking forward to the Gaybies, since it's been a year... but it's sure been a year, so on the other hand, wish it had been otherwise.

• Locked thread