Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The hell did Uncle Sam jump off to hang himself?

SeANMcBAY posted:

And that Kelly is eating alone at a fast food restaurant for Thanksgiving.:v:

His son did just go through a painful divorce, and he still doesn't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Johnny Walker posted:

It's a pretty crappy cartoon, so I don't blame people for not understanding it. "His name is Charlie Rose, so I drew a rose! Get it? Another Pulitzer, please!"

Do you want Garrison? Cause this is how you get Garrison.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Edit: Nvm

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 24, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Keiya posted:

Oh my god, is Hasbro still using that lovely pre-show stock art enough that it's getting used as reference by political cartoonists?

No, people are just doodling from half memories.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

"Letter combinations"?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This is going to nend up with someone posting that awful furry pro-incest version of Day by Day, isn't it? Because we hate not being miserable.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

the_steve posted:

Every fascist believes that they're one of the "good ones" who will be spared.

It's like when the Conservatives roll out their latest "The rich should be allowed to hunt the poor for sport" bill, and you have poor folk posting their undying support for it because they're convinced that it would only be the other (see: minorities and anyone else they don't like) poor people getting mounted on the wall, not them.

Fake edit: Alternatively: "I didn't think the lions would eat MY face!" cries voter who supported the Lions Eating Faces party.

No, all the poor people who support hunting the rich, are just convinced that they'll be rich by the time it passes.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I don't think you understand the concept of a threat.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Rall continues to deserve to be curb stomped by angry LAPD members.

Electric Phantasm posted:

your favorite President (me)

Its his attempt to force a nickname. If he just says it enough he thinks he'll become popular and people will actually call him their favorite president.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

They hosed up their HUGE TAX REFORM bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

Mystic Mongol posted:

They have and they did, but then it turns out that no one who got to see the super secret tax bill they were going to vote on knows loving anything about writing laws. They took it to the floor, the Parliamentarian looked over it carefully, and then told them to go home and come back with an actual bill and not a pile of bullshit.

How are they still so loving bad at this?

And how can anyone hate this? I want Zelda's "I forgot to poop" face as an avatar.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 1, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

So, if Alice joins the #MeToo movement, she'll shrink, which will allow the man under her to escape through the escape door.

I can't get any other possible interpretation out of this. WHy would you associate a movement that's supposed to be about empowering women with something in fiction well known for shrinking a woman? Did Toles confuse the potion for the cake that makes Alice grow, and not bother looking it up?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

the_steve posted:

It looks like she drank the potion, which made her larger, and able to pin the man's coattails underneath her shoe so that he can't get away from her.
By joining #MeToo, she is now in a position of strength to force her assaulter to face the consequences of what was done.

Then why the hell is it the potion?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Squishy posted:

My conclusion from LA's con being "no more RDJ" is that Ted still likes and enjoys the Iron Man series of films.

Its about an rear end in a top hat who thinks hes a witty genius and keeps loving things up for everyone consistently as he creates problem after problem, while alienating anyone who ever liked him by being a hypocritical tool.

Though, in his defense, at least Iron Man never gleefully took money to work as a foreign agent.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Itt Americans whine and use lovely arguments to defend a outdated, illogical and arbitrary system, then wonder why you still have the electoral college.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nenonen posted:

+30ºC and -30ºC are similar in that you can't stay out for too long, so you end up staying indoors in both cases. Those were the temperatures in Oz and in my home town when I went there for holidays.

Just fewer deadly snakes and spiders and sharks when it's -30ºC.

You think 30 is high? We don't start caring until it hits the mid 40s.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zelder posted:

Smbc has sucked ever since he got away from clever single panel comics and started doing wordy "here's a joke for your stem friends" multi panel nightmares

"clever single panel comics"

Keiya posted:

"Rule of Law" is even funnier, when he is literally famous for ignoring it. It's written on a reference to the ignoring it he did, even!

"Law" is another one of the worsds that Right Wingers decided to insert their own definition for, just like "fake" means "Bad" to them. So when they saw "law", they mean "White supremacy", and when they say "Crime", they mean "civil rights for minorities".

Every one of these attacks on Jones and supportive statements for Moore make way more sense when you realise that. Moore beleves in the rule of total white supremacy, so of course there no fault in portraying the white peoples religion as supreme and above others. Doug Jones prosecuted the KKK, so of course he's good for the civil rights of minorities.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 11, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Quote is not edit.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Libertarianism is born from the concept of "I'm amazing, so the only reason I'm not successful is the government is keeping me down". Which easily morphs into "I'm amazing, so the only reason I'm not successful is that anyone who isn't just like me has a position where they can criticize me". Which is the modern republican party.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

In which Mark is shocked and disturbed to find out what Doug had been doing in that bathroom only seconds before they spoke (AGC)

Wait, you can get fired for jacking it in the bathroom at work?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

...how the gently caress DOES it end?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hillary Clinton is France, now?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone have the Rall/Penis by Penis crossover eulogy?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JaggerMcDagger posted:

What did you do to get that title this time?

I got no clue

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

seiferguy posted:

If you saw Forrest Gump, all of his accomplishments were stolen from black people:

- the dance he taught Elvis was originally created by black performance artists
- the initial scene he tells a black woman he was named after a klansmen, and she expects him to be OK with it
- the person who initially reported Watergate was a black security guard
- he was a loving white running back for Alabama

Unrelated by Zemeckis made the actor who played Bubba wear a prosthetic lip enhancement. Forrest also beats the poo poo out a Black Panther, too.

That was a generic hippie who was beating Jennie, not a Black Panther. THe Black Panther was just trying to educate him in racial injustice before Forrest got distracted.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RuanGacho posted:

This just made me realize that the Mouse is now going to own The Simpsons?

I still can't find any confirmation either way on this. It keeps ranging from people saying all Fox tv stations were excluded, to just Fox News, Fox Business and Fox Sports.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Triskelli posted:

”...but the future refused to change.” :smith:

CHrist, do people on the internet not have any way to depict a loving battle outside of Dragonball?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cpt.Americant posted:

Just after a provision was added that would save Bob Corker, personally, $1.2 million. I don't like being one of those "politicians are all corrupt only looking to make themselves rich" but it's getting harder and harder to find another view that can adequately explain Republican behavior.

Edit: aside from when they're being bigoted or "owning libs" of course.

A view of "Republicans are all corrupt only looking to make themselves rich, while Democrats actually want to serve the public and make things better"?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yes, the public is so overwhelmingly in favor of this loving bill.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tinkeron posted:

Labeled every car as far as you can see in this one, but can't be bothered to label anything on Trump's train. Would look silly to only have one or two puffed up positives I guess.

Hasn't stopped him and every other Republican stooge from doing that. Usually its just crap like "Patriotism", "Unity" (no, seriously), "MAGA", and "DIDN'T COLLUDE".

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Passing an unpopular tax bill #winning

Its only unpopular if you listen to people who glorious daddy Trump doesn't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

The rapists didn't get in trouble for kissing people on the cheek or hugging them you miserable sacks of poo poo.

Didn't Disney claim that John Lassetter was fired for "unwanted hugging"?

• Locked thread