Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This is going to be incredibly, stupidly difficult to judge.

Would it be wrong to submit Garrison cartoons to basically every category?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

MelvinBison posted:

I have to admit, all these longings for death are starting to wear on me.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750508

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Phoenixan posted:

2017 is the year we leave casual nihilism behind and do the things we believe in without fearing death, because if we die doing those things, at least our lives weren't wasted.

So far as I know, there's really only been one serious attempt, and he wasn't even an American.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Holy poo poo, a non-neonazi Red Panels :eyepop:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

You know, that organization with two right feet and thumb-thumbs.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Duke Igthorn posted:

Literally my little brother

Pseudoliberal aging white male hipster Bernouts wealthy enough to own a bigass TV and cable (holy poo poo the first panel) think:
--identity politics constitutes a major problem as opposed to something to advance
-- it's totally a case of overblown "political correctness" that ails the USA, not literal neo-nazism and self-identifying white nationalists
-- it's the liberal elites, not the president elect that is installing the richest administration comprised of ex-lobbyists, bankers, and party family dons any democratic nation has ever on this Earth seen, that don't care about the working class.

I get where there's points to be made where the Dem candidate was a pistol shot in the party's own foot but and that discussion has been done and re-done and re-done here and elsewhere to death, but Lord Jesus this is AGC :suicide:

edit: sp

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's actually occurring to me on the basis of the author that was probably the author's intent, nvm.

I don't know how to read postmortem comics anymore. Postmortem demographic commentary? gently caress me sideways.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kopijeger posted:

Where do cartoonists get the idea that the Nobel Prizes are hanging from a ribbon around the recipients' neck like that? I've seen it in a couple of other places as well, like one cartoon by Ruben Bolling.

For reference:

One explanation I would like to offer is "White identitarian / white nationalist cartoonist doesn't actually do research, tweets and draws about critical reasoning anyway."

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They've seen Obama wearing his Nobel Prize around his neck for the full eight years of his presidency and assume it came that way.

Given how much the following image and its peers were floating around conservative press with rage at the time, there isn't even an excuse for that.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What's in the box?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Somfin posted:

:drat:

Luckovich going hard is always a good thing to see.

Someone needs to track the point where we hit 2,996 dead by avoidable medical issues after losing access to health insurance due to Obamacare mandates / subsidies.

Not that there's actually any way to pull that off without HHS explicitly watching.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:jackbud:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Is this an edit?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's on his loving site.

Mind control? Why is Ramirez suddenly thinking?

I'm the third most unsettled right now that I've been since nov 8.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Still a lower EO rate than any president in 130 years.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

I'm going to restart dox / mail employers of Trumpites if this persists.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The caricature here has Thomas with an open mouth.

That doesn't happen, like ever.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

FishFood posted:

Donald Trump is a stupid buffoon who will win a temporary victory by squandering his resources on costly battles but will ultimately lose all the ground he gains. Obama's legacy may fall for now, but he will be hailed as a hero in the future. AGC?

The use of Alamo imagery is loving stupid. Unless that's what Catalino's going for?

The right wants to think they are finally wrenching Obama out of are country; they Obama is somehow staging a last stand but Trump will get him.

None of this has to be based in reality to show up in a cartoon, and I'm going to have dreams of violence again tonight :smith:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

BigglesSWE posted:

So how many "actors should act not talk politics" comics can we expect in the coming days?

Bigly.

I do look forward to the cartoonists chastizing the loose sleazy morally-depried lefty Hollywood crowd for having a strong moral center, especially when compared to the party of Lincoln.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

More on the "Trump wind bigly with white guys 5 years behind on world events."

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Abyssal Squid posted:

I thought so but apparently there's something to it:

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818990655418617856

A journalist bit a setup. Cue another 12 months of /pol/ and /r/the_donald feeling justified in ignoring verifiable news.

God loving drat it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Fojar38 posted:

At this rate Trump supporters will start to believe blatant lies

That's not new.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Trogdos! posted:

5+ years ago: Obama is such a wimp for not standing up to Russia!
now: 3

Cumulative pressure on Russia's economy, including blocking of the $500Bn Rosneft & Exxon oil deal, put Russia's economy in the shitter. Their capacity to wage any kind of protracted war is severely hampered, and that's atop the fact Russia's defense budget is 11% that of the US.

Comic adjusted for accuracy.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 11, 2017

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

A demographic not all being in lockstep is very scary to someone unsettled by things like "diversity" and "culture."

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lord Hydronium posted:

All that's missing are the Fourteen Words. :stare:

What are you talking about, I'm actually trying to preserve culture here, you're the globalist racist because

-Ben Garrison

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Selachian posted:

National. loving. Treasure.

I've read it, it's worth your $3.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Like, yeah I've shared multitenant multigender toilets. It's no issue and it would've saved one of my clients another three offices per floor in a recent construction project.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Yeah, it was called a loooooooong time ago: 4chan was going to parade that stunt as an excuse for Trump whether or not it was actually their fake that saw future notoriety.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Until I fund wherever USPol went, Jill Stein is doing Things still :sigh:

quote:

Dear Goon Subscriber of Many Mailing Lists,

The counting may be over. But thanks to your support, the fight continues for real democracy and elections we can trust! With 80% of voters disgusted by the election and 90% having lost faith in our political system, this fight is more important than ever.

In the wake of a divisive and bitter election, over 10,000 volunteers and 161,000 donors came forward to make this historic multi-state Recount possible. On Thanksgiving weekend, you launched this Recount as a key step we the people could take to help build the democracy we deserve. This remarkable citizen initiative is still going strong.

In Wisconsin, activists are still fighting for our right to examine the privately-managed electronic machines, so we can investigate potential malfeasance, error or hacking by any bad actor - domestic or foreign. Nearly half of Wisconsin voters were denied a reliable hand recount, largely in under-resourced communities of color, the very places voting machines are most likely to fail. To push for urgently needed legislative fixes, activists have launched a broad based “Count My Vote” coalition.

In Michigan, concerns were raised by an unprecedented 75,000 blank votes, many in communities of color. This exceeded the margin of victory by seven-fold. The recount found widespread failure of vote counting machines in Detroit’s communities of color, sounding the alarm about yet another instance of electoral Jim Crow. Thanks to Recount pressure, Michigan has agreed to replace these outdated, unreliable machines in Detroit.

In Pennsylvania, a bureaucratic nightmare of vague and contradictory rules prevented the recount from even getting started. These rules required over 27,000 voters to file notarized papers by unspecified dates at unclear locations. Paperless touchscreen voting machines used by 80% of Pennsylvania voters make it all the more important to examine the software of these fallible, unaccountable machines. Recount activists are pushing for overdue legislation to fix these problems.

The American people deserve a voting system we can trust - that is accurate, secure and just. The Recount showed we do not have such a system. But this movement is not over yet. Which is why we were excited to learn this week of the possibility to redouble the fight in court, among other possible initiatives for voting integrity and justice. As you may recall, you, and all our Recount donors, will have an essential role to play in determining the use of any surplus recount money to continue this movement.

Stay tuned for more details next week. Thank you for making possible this fight for real democracy and elections we can trust!

With deep gratitude,

Jill_Stein_Signature.png

Jill Stein

I donated a dollar for what I had bet at the time was a donor database blitz. Not disappointed.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Between Regan and Trump, I find it is the right that is far likelier to be completely duped by media stars :byewhore:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Try ink on paper for a strip or two.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Really need to frame and pour a reinforced concrete cap under the first floor for any of this to count, and you need to be proficient with a simple firearm you know how to clean and respring plus have lots of ammo for.

Where's the prepper thread

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Telnaes needs to unfuck that sense of timing.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"Higher wages subsidizes automation!"

No, capitalism subsidizes automation. Automation has been happening, automation is happening, automation will continue to happen. Is the author an actual dolt in the most basic sense or am I missing something here? His new year's revolution comic was great.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

King Possum III posted:

This was the only one I could find;

Meanwhile, in comics that actually portray the actual positions of real human beings who understand sentencing ,

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 19, 2017

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Oh no, we aren't proud of reality TV manchildren holding elected office by fooling fools, goodness I have come down with a case of the vapors. Maybe, just maybe, you can be both patriotic and upset; sod off.

We are already seeing some SAD! excellent contenders for the 2017 Gay Abortions: Most Easily Reinterpreted category.

We actually have two contenders for Gay Abortions 2017 from the same loving post, transphobia here. Jesus.

...except who actually knows what messages Ramirez actually intends to include in his cartoons anymore.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 19, 2017

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lol at Trump having Putin in an angry face.

Stockpile reductions for dropping Russian sanctions was literally proposed by Putin.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/822520680994455553

god drat it wrong loving thread but gently caress it, I'm leaving it up. I gotta clean up my tabs :\

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The DC protest tomorrow may or may not have higher turnout than the inauguration depending on your source -- my wife and I are heading there NOW.

Will post pics Sunday if that's okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm sorry, who is not supporting killing nazis?

• Locked thread