Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
This has to be one of the best OPs that I have ever seen on this site. Nicely done OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

That is clearly a Nazi swastika. Even angled at the correct angle and facing the correct way. Do you guys, on SomethingAwful, really not know what the Nazi swastika looked like?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

I hate this loving duck so much.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Hey when is the 2017 State of the Union address? Is there one this year? For some reason I am not able to figure it out w\ google.

I thought it was tonight, but I forget if they do one or not on inaguration day.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Ahhh OK ty. For some reason I was sure it HAD to be Jan 20.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

Also Obama was lazy and golfed all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IDOBXkm910

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

JerikTelorian posted:

The hands thing is subtle and amazing.

:eyepop:

I didnt even notice. lmfao

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

This is at best borderline racist imo

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

:eyepop:

Did not expect the last line.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

I don't understand this one. Is it pro or anti-Trump?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Ok but I still dont understand if this is pro/anti trump

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Holy poo poo.

du -hast fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 14, 2017

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

I dont understand what this is. A rock or something? idgi

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

IT'S INCISIVE COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!!

I hate Ramirez so loving much. I hope one day he gets in an accident that severs his drawing hand.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

He could have "drawn" this cartoon just fine with his other hand I bet.

Ok, both hands then. And maybe gouge his eyes out, like most people want to do after reading his garbage

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

See this is the one thing I don't get. Why not just call her a "friend of the family" and get it over with. I mean the "James Brown" hair thing, all it does is rile up everyone while having a small enough shred of ambiguity that you can walk it back. Just call her a friend of the family Bill, so we know where you stand.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Xander77 posted:

Let's meet in the middle - three fifths?

Nice.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

OK I refuse to read these because of the way the text is oriented. Are they originally that terrible, Kerning wise, or are they edits?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Not gonna lie, I am really looking forward to the day that all these retarded cartoonists are made to eat crow after the Russia collusion thing turns out to be an actual, real thing.

That said if Ramirez still has a job I doubt there will be a reckoning like this, but my would it be nice.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Guys I hate to tell you this but I have come to the conclusion that Mr Ben Garrison is a bad person

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Ok so I am genuinely confused on this one, because it could be interpreted as being ironic or something, ie "destroying the planet for jobs is actually bad" but then I realize that it's Ramirez who is incapable of subtlety or irony in any way shape or form and go back to thinking that Ramirez truly thinks that the destruction of the environment is a good thing, and that librals 'n negroes are the wrong ones here.

It baffles me that people seem to think that global warming is a good thing - "It protects our loggers!" without realizing that there will be no trees to cut.

Anyway I am tempted to interpret this as something deeper but again it's loving Ramirez.

Also can't he trace a loving map like he traces everything else? Look at the Carolinas for gently caress's sake, or Vermont mysteriously becoming part of Canukistan.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

KAL is by far the greatest cartoonist of our modern times. The Bannon is perfect.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

The look on ol' Spicer's face is absolutely beautiful.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Ok I don't want to be "that guy" but 9 deaths from Islamic terrorism / year seems way too low. What about Pulse nightclub? Etc. It's obvious that Islamic terrorism in the US is nowhere near the death toll as people shooting each other, but that number seems inaccurately low.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

quote:

Is he melted into the chair? Or is that chair-shaped robot suit? Or is he literally only half a person, cut vertically from the side?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Oh for gently caress's sake come on

e:

This one is kinda funny though.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Can someone explain this to me. I literally do not have any idea what Ramirez is saying at all with this one. Usually it's a strawman argument buy easily understandable to the average moron. Never did I think I would say this but this one needs more labels.

Pakled posted:

14 = the fourteen words
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

88 = HH = Heil Hitler

Fun fact: oftentimes it's mistaken as 88 - HH - Heil Hitler, but it actually refers to the 88 Precepts which is sort of a bastardization of Norse mythology packed into 88 concepts of Healthy Aryan Living™

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

skeleton warrior posted:

In the 1940 film Knute Rockne: All-American, Ronald Reagan played George Gipp. Gipp is their star player but comes down with some terrible ailment, and give a famous speech to coach Knute Rockne from his deathbed that ends with "Rock, sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7rmpjBSR8

Because of this, in his political career, Reagan was nicknamed "The Gipper", and this was used as a metaphor for the devotion Reagan received from his staff due to his inspirational speeches and upbeat attitude.

I think Ramirez is trying to draw an ironic comparison by pointing out how completely uninspirational and demeaning Trump is as his speech is insulting and snide rather than optimistic. But it's not clear, and I have no idea how much my own opinions are AGCing it.

Ahhh. I never knew that was where the term "Gipper" came from for Reagan. Is that common knolwedge? I think because I was born in 1988 that its just a reference for a past generation, people of an age that think that Ramirez has Some Good Points Honey.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Unbelievable.

I'm literally screeching autistically atm

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Obligatory:

Also can anyone tell me the 2 cartoons that this shithead won the Pulitzers for? I am tempted to look them up but then I may have an aneurysm.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Ah come on, this one is kinda cool

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Fathis Munk posted:

:sadfan:

Now that was a good comic. :v:

Also gently caress that dude with the Mexico/Hooters comic.

Wait so we are in agreement that the Mexico comic's entire joke was that big ol' Mexican titties was jigglin during the quake? That's what it was trying to say?

Also Fathis Munk I had the flu a couple weeks ago and had a fever of 104F and was reading these forums. I'd seen you post a bunch of times but never noticed your avatar moves, so I sat there for no joke approximately 30 minutes staring at it wondering if the fever was cooking my brain or if it was actually moving and talking to me or something, it was one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

You're doing the LORD's work here my friend

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Boring aside: I worked for Gov. Brown's second election campaign a few years ago which makes this even more baffling that the caricature is unrecognizable.

Also fun fact about Jerry Brown: he eats off your plate. Like if you go to dinner, he, without asking, will also just spear some of your food with a fork and eat it. Not "hey can I try that?" just straight up takes some of your food. And everyone at the table is too afraid to say anything because, you know, he's the Governor and we worked for him. But he does this every time that a group is eating a meal - anyone within fork range gets some of their food taken also. I'm sure there's a political metaphor here somewhere in this but it is the most bizarre/weirdly rude behavior ever.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

Good grief, I didn't comment before but yeah, that caricature is utterly unrecognizable. It looks nothing like Brown.

Also that is an amazing story. What the hell Moonbeam.

Yeah. If you guys are interested, I have some more stories.

All the state government has a CHP office that follows them around, doubling as a driver/bodyguard. Cruz Bustamante (former Lt Governor to Grey Davis before the Schwarzenegger recall) was widely considered to be the biggest rear end in a top hat on the planet. He would insist that the CHP go pick up his kids, grab food, etc. The CHP is not supposed to do this - they're guarding him, not a burrito. He also would insist that the CHP turn on the sirens/lights to get him to the airport. He was convinced that just telling the CHP guy 45 minutes before the flight that he had to get to Sac International (30+ minute drive from downtown where the capitol is) would work. Every time. The CHP told him, no, we can't do the flashy lights, you need to tell us earlier. He threw a fit and attempted to lower the CHP budget over this bullshit.

Bill Lockyer, former CA Treasury Secretary (from 07 - 2015 - during the financial crisis and the CA budget meltdown) generally spent his entire time in budget meetings reading SciFi and Fantasy novels. I once spotted him reading Wizard's First Rule during a budget meeting. He basically sat there and read, ignoring the committee, until they told him what to do. He's a great guy and a lot of fun, but basically just dozed through his entire term.

Tom McClintock, who ran for State Controller (and ran against Schwarzenegger during the special election) made a habit of wearing a kilt during his campaign ads for controller, and speaking in a lovely fake Scottish accent. He also wore the kilt when he was campaigning, and did NOT wear underwear. What I am trying to say is I have seen Tom McClintock's sweaty scrotum.

Also I met Arnold Schwarezenneger several times in the hallways of the capital (he even remembered my name!) There's a fancy hotel across the street from the State Capitol, and he bought out the penthouse floor and used it in lieu of the governor's mansion. He got caught cheating on his wife (Maria Scheiver, one of the Kennedy klan) so many times that she demanded that he fly home every single night to Los Angeles so that he wouldn't bang the maids anymore. Every night he would go to the private airport in Sac and fly to Santa Monica, spend the night, then fly back in the morning.

Also another thing about Schwarzenegger is that he's not actually all that tall - I put him at a hair over 6'. (I am 6'7" so gigantic compared to everyone, but this was not limited to me). He knew he needed to appear to be a bigger guy, so every time you take a picture with him, you put hand-in-hand like a handshake, normal political pictures, he will step forward towards the camera at the last minute so as to appear taller than he really is. Maybe that doesn't sound as interesting as I thought it was, but it was amusing to watch him step forward to appear taller even than like one of the 5'2 female assemblymen. Anyway I got more stories about it I guess if anyone's interested, but those are the ones that are semi-interesting.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Keiya posted:

Okay, your username. Disk usage, human numbers, all entries, summary, but what is the -t flag? Man doesn't say either.

The username is actually a reference to lovely song Du Hast by Rammstein:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3q8Od5qJio

Cat Mattress posted:

The tragedy of Unix is that while "cat" exists and "man du" works, "cat man du" is not a valid command line.

But the -t flag for du, you can find it here. Threshold.

While this is technically correct, I'm pretty sure the -t / threshold flag doesn't work on older versions of du, though I am not 100% sure. I don't think it's valid syntax for anything actually usable anyway.

You might say it's a... false flag :smug:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Duke Igthorn posted:

I like that Ramirez's indistinguishable blob is a better Trump than his Trump

I'll be goddamned, that's a pretty good catch.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Rigged Death Trap posted:

For all the shittiness of Gorell

This might actually the first conservative politoon that just acknowledges the fact that ISIS and radical islamists kill muslims.

(Also not seeing any obit cartoons for the egypt mosque bombing but i wasnt expecting it anyways)

That was my hot take on it too. Especially from Gorell, I didn't expect any, you know... "nuance". This might be his first semi-tolerable cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Incredible. Truly incredible.

Like a fine wine this one never gets old.

and neither do the babies :black101:

• Locked thread