Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I just filled out my gi-bill cert thing for the semester this morning because this is the first day the offices are open after the holidays. Fees are due in two days and will auto-drop classes if they aren't paid. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Does the number of credit hours I'm taking affect how fast benefit time is burned for Ch33? I tried asking my school's va rep, but they didnt understand what I was getting at. I've got one semester of time left and I need to stretch that over two semesters somehow.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Kawasaki Nun posted:

There is a process to get an extension that you might consider running by your counselor

Hows that work?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

That's built into windows now, but they call it "night light" instead.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Heading up to the offices because fees are due today and I don't know if my certification form got lost in limbo over the christmas break.
Will my stuff get paid before midnight?
Will all my classes get autodropped instead?
Find out on the next episode of aaaaaAAAaaAaaaaa

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Lmao the VA guy for my school isn't back from holiday until Monday. The admissions people said they will extend the deadline for people in my situation (dunno why they didn't let anyone know beforehand)

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

brand engager posted:

Lmao the VA guy for my school isn't back from holiday until Monday. The admissions people said they will extend the deadline for people in my situation (dunno why they didn't let anyone know beforehand)

The extension didn't go through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
I readded the classes this morning and called them, hopefully the deadline actually gets extended or the classes will drop again at midnight.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

bahgawd they actually did it

also I added some classes that were full when I first made the schedule so this whole thing might end up being a net plus.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Hey is there any kind of extension program for benefits? This semester uses up my remaining month of post-9/11 time, but I'll still be about 7 credits short of my degree (due to some fuckups on my part over the years).

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I don't have any rating. Probably could have gotten a low one for tinnitus but too late for that.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I was on campus today to sign my degree checkout stuff, but they told me one of my classes I took in 2015 wont count because I got a D. I thought I was going to be graduating next month, just wanna lie down and do nothing the rest of today

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Still trying to figure out how I'm gonna let my relatives know that I'm not graduating

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Hopefully it's available online and also not one of those classes they only offer during one semester each year, because I really need to get more work hours to cover bills and start doing payments on my small ($2700-ish) subsidized loan.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Just got around to letting my dad know I wont be done this semester. Was dreading it even though nothing bad was gonna happen

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

maybe graduation? my advisor worked some kind of degree catalog law magic to say the course catalog for that year allows for a D grade. gonna try not to get too excited in case it hits another snag

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Those degree audit pages on school sites are unreliable, every time I've logged into mine to look at it the thing doesnt think I've met most of my requirements even though I'm already accepted for graduation. Also the requirements can vary for different degree catalog years which can mess it up too. Just check with your advisor or have them send you to whatever department your new target degree is in.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Getting ready to do the same ritual I used for my first 3 speeches in public speaking: drink an energy drink around midnight and write the whole thing, and then drink another energy drink around 6am so I can stay awake to deliver it. This is the last one so I wont have to keep doing this poo poo

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Got a 75% on that speech I did overnight. The system works wooooo C baby

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Got my degree :toot:
gotta start looking for work now

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Is the school the one who notifies your student loan provider when you're no longer in classes? I have a small subsidized loan through edfinancial, and I dont see anywhere on their site to tell them I'm done with classes.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Is that a new thing? When I was taking classes I thought it used a month for each month you were enrolled no matter how many credits you were taking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

As far as I'm aware both GI bill tuition, stipend, and pell grants are all non-taxable entitlements.

yeah I didnt even have to file taxes for the few years I was living off gi bill BAH by itself. When I filed last year it was because I had pulled all the money out of my TSP.