Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I started this summer by taking an online math class which I promptly withdrew from because it was horrible. Just took the College mathematics CLEP yesterday after a week of cramming and passed.

CLEPs are a loving joke and if you don't feel like you need to get the experience of taking something like an English class because you've been out of the game for a while, I suggest abusing them as much as possible. I would doubly say it for bullshit gen ed classes.

So far this month I've taken Early US history to 1877 for 3 credits, the College Composition with essays for 6 credits, and now the College Mathematics for 6 credits.

Just be aware that they generally count as transfer credits and you don't get a letter grade (depending on your school).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Tryzzub posted:

I don't know if this has been discussed, but anyone looking into getting a professional certification should check out VCTP offered by Syracuse University.

They'll pay for the exam voucher of one certification offered through the program. You have to do skillsoft bullshit but you can breeze through most of it and spend the rest of the time learning from proper study books.

I did it and they're paying for my CEHv9 exam, which is $950 and lol if i'm gonna pay that myself.

Thanks for this. I just did sec+ but I'll probably use it for one of the more expensive ones down the road.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Zeris posted:

I used to work with some people in that circle. If anyone needs an introduction or application feedback let me know.

What circle is that exactly? SU?

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Mmm free law school books and supplies anghhhhhhhhhh

I think I spent 150 on books total. 540 stipend getting deposited tomorrow.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Soulex posted:

So when you graduate, you can keep taking classes right? There are some electives I want to take and now that Voc Rehab doesn't use 9/11, I want to play a bit.

Stupid maybe, like audio engineering or guitar/piano.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you have to be actively working towards a degree.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Has a kid two semesters ago that was slowly eating himself. Picked at his nose, ears , scalp, face every day and ate whatever he managed to get. He also audibly farted regularly and no one batted an eye the entire time.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Naked Bear posted:

Computer science students are just as gross as you might imagine. You know you're in a CS course when you walk into a lecture and can smell how many students are in the room.

Not an exaggeration.

My database class is like that. It just smells like unwashed nerd and I feel it seeping into my pores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I've also got a kid that looks exactly like an ogre from Everquest 1 in my class. He smells what I'd imagine an ogre from Everquest 1 smells like as well.