Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

NachtSieger posted:

The way I heard it, Patreon does all their transactions at once to cut down on the processing fee. Though I never really looked into how Patreon does things.

That makes this make even less sense and looks like a blatant cash grab from them. If they only charge my card once for the $10, they're not losing an appreciable amount of money paying off the 10 people I pledged a dollar too because they're also only getting a single lump sum, so it's a total of two transactions. This per pledge bullshit just lines their pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

DC has a balancing issue where if you aren't at PL on attack/defense/damage/toughness score anybody who is has a severe advantage over you because of the way the math works out. It's a simple fix (just make it so everybody has their saves and attacks at PL) but it's frustrating that this is stated literally nowhere in the book. It's a 5% difference per point and that adds up quickly, especially when having your numbers at PL is only a 50% chance. The charts in the back of the book kind of spell this out, but not in a very intuitive way. It annoys me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I think thinking of mainstream comics as "settings" is probably a trap anyway.

Considering they're mostly just cruft built up over the decades by a large number of writers scrambling to meet deadlines I'd have to agree.

I prefer the MHR method where the characters have backstories and event books instead of just saying here you go and dumping the group in New York or the Savage Land or whatever.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I thought 9 to a pack was pretty standard for licensed CCGs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Freudian posted:

So I'm joining my friends' Dungeon World campaign as a Paladin in the new year, with the basic character concept of Sailorc Moon. Any tips on how not to be That Paladin?

Be Tuxedo Mask's best friend instead. Who that is I don't know, but he's probably a cool dude.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh boy, it's like two horrible things mixed together to make something even worse, like getting plutonium in raw sewage.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Instead, watch Dark, it's German and slow and very good

Dark handles time loops in a very German way. Still a good drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's... Almost a good compromise.

• Locked thread