Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The only movies I remember watching in school was Run Lola Run for German class and Schindlers list. The latter being watched on a bus during a school trip to Auschwitz. I think we also watched some movie about the Polish resistance in Warsaw but I can't remember the title or much of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Meanwhile the local distributor for the movie in Sweden didn't even bother picking it up because the attendance numbers for the first one was so low that they didn't bother.
Which kind of a shame because I've been dying to see it. :(

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I'd definitely go see a sequel to it, the first was a pretty fun movie.

Same. Really enjoyed the first move and definitely will see the sequel whenever it comes out.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

In this age of Trump, Underworld should be about Selene's werewolf-vampire daughter uniting everyone to fight a disgusting troll that controls the internet.

After how utterly dire Blood War was this is would be a step up.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm not gonna lie, jiangshi would be loving hilariously awesome in the Underworld series.

They'll shoot guns like the rest of the vampires but now they'll be bouncing around the place. I figure it'd be high time for matrix wall running to make a return or something.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

You kidding? It was a crap movie by any objective metric, but as far as pure enjoyment goes, very little this year has beaten it.

I dunno, saw it last Thursday with some friends and the consensus amongst us was that it was kinda bad to awful.
In our case it was just so overall bad that it didn't really roll over to being funny for us. v:shobon:v

I had no idea there was a sequel (or another one) to Detective Dee and the Phantom Flame in post-production. If anything the first movie was really good and I need to check out the rest of them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

He's a solid airport fiction writer. It's like reading Clancy, except that you don't have to read 700 pages of the author's lovely political/racial/sexual beliefs to get to the gunfights.

I would recommend Andy McDermott for that very same reason. His books are an absolute blast to read.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That's Payndz on this forum.

There used to be an airport fiction thread...

That's where I got the recommendation to read his books from. :D

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

BexGu posted:

Honestly without Paul Walker to balance out Vin Diesel anymore it's kind of time for old crew to move on and bring in the Hobbs/Shaw Fast and Furious.

A movie where The Rock and Statham snipe and snark at each other while saving the world?
Yes please :swoon:

Also
gently caress you Harmony Gold. :argh:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

The marketing for Avatar briefly tried to heavily heavily heavily push the video games as huge big deal breakthroughs in game design but that went away once the movie/games actually came out. But I actually got to see James Cameron speak at a GameStop conference (and Stephen Lang was there too) about how amazing the games would be, and they pulled them away to do that while the movie was still in post production so they were hard selling it for real.

One thing they were right about was that Stephen Lang was the only one who would actually stand out in the movie. He went on to play the exact same character in the awful Terra Nova series.

Good lord I still remember Cameron's speed at Ubisofts E3 conference a few years ago before Avatar had some out. It was so long-winded and amounted to absolutely nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbPFwUiIN14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GQfHv7LcU
Jesus gently caress that was 8 years ago? :psyduck:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Mummy Returns is kind of bad but charming thanks to Sommers having his own charming style when it comes to his work.

However I can't stand Van Helsing. loving hate that movie.

I feel like a pariah for liking the third movie more than the second because the direct sequel is kinda weird and forgettable barring that one scene.
In comparison the third one retains a lot of the charm and banter from the first movie while acknowledging that time has passed and has affected the main characters somehow.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

John Carpenter's Escape from the North Pole. Starring Kurt Russel as Santa.

I'd watch that.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I like the three female assassin movies, 2 about saving her daughter.

And two of those have her dying from either cancer or poison as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

got any sevens posted:

And this is how thanos is defeated
Then howard gives the panties to Death and quack-cucks thanos

That made me realize that now that Disney owns the Deadpool movie rights that means they could technically do the Deadpool/Death romance thing and have Thanos in on a corner as well.

• Locked thread