Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ones a giant lizard the others a giant monkey so there's two options either a fight to the death or a fight to a stalemate so they can become bros in time for the next movie.

Actually can we just get a remake of Rocky with Kong being Rocky and Godzilla bring Apollo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Can confirm Kong is a good time full of a giant ape wrecking the poo poo of people and monsters.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FilthyImp posted:

Godzilla is the true King of the Monsters.

And boom there's the plot of Godzilla vs King Kong in a nutshell. Godzilla hears someone call Kong the King of Monsters and goes "Oh HEEEEEEEELL NAW" and they fight.

Seriously how is that a six writer job?

Edit: The real question will be is Kong Apollo or Rocky in this scenario?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

syscall girl posted:

Cool villain, golden eagle, Australia, tolerable rodent people with cool bird pilot. Think I liked it better than the first one.

I don't remember much about it but I know I preferred it to the first one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Benefit of living in nowhere Ohio I guess, if I go to the first showing of the day it's $5

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LesterGroans posted:

Cheap, second-run theatres rule. I caught Kong for six bucks last night.

That's not at the second run theater that ones only $1.75 all day. Our Regal just has the first showing be $5 and then jumps it to nearly $8 before 5 and then it goes up even more.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm still sad we live in a world with Mars Attacks and not Dinosaurs Attack.

drat you Tim Burton.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The MSJ posted:

People who read the Dark Tower books tell me that is not even half as insane as the stuff Roland did in the pre-movie cycle.

I've only made it to midway through book 4 but there's been:

(Spoilers in case anyone cares)

-Lobster men that crippled one of Roland's hands and nearly killed him
-Three free standing doors on a beach that each open to New York in different years where Roland observes three different people ultimately bringing two of the three into his world
-One of those people is a black woman with DID who bounces between prim and proper and violently racist and horrible until the reconcile and fuse into one mind. Also she's in a wheelchair
-A cyborg bear infected with various diseases that's gone batshit insane
-Blane the Mono a monorail with an AI that's gone suicidal and gets stopped by riddles straight out of the Bilbo Baggins book of Bullshit Riddles

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Phylodox posted:

Fair warning, I think the general consensus is that the series goes downhill pretty fast. Whether its descent starts after the third or fourth book is debatable.

I hit a dead stop in the fourth book because it's all about Roland as a teenager and I just wanted them to stop talking and get on with it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Ghost in the Shell did not suck. It was actually pretty drat cool and looked gorgeous.

Um sorry no it's a bad movie that isn't Ghost in the Shell beyond using the names didn't you get the memo?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

parallelodad posted:

I wanna see the nerd campaign to cast 60 year old Nathan Fillion as Spike.

Serious question about white washing anime. A lot of people see these characters as white, probably because when they see them on Adult Swim or what not they're voiced by white people a lot of the time. Should a fight against white washing begin with voice casting actors of Asian descent?

Iirc from my time as a preteen on the Adult Swim boards they don't want anything from Japan dubbed ever. The original audio has more enthusiasm and is better (despite them not understanding a single word) and it's a travesty when the glorious original audio is replaced with unenthusiastic horrible dubs.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FilthyImp posted:

It's kind of true, because the language barrier will mask bad VA work.

Though, to be fair, the concept of professional (or half competent) voice acting is a relatively new addition to the anime market in the U.S. Aside from a few exceptions (the Streamline Akira dub you probably grew up with had the guy that did Leonardo from TMNT as Kaneda), VA work on anime tapes was basically a grab bag of amateurs or hobbyists or guys they pulled an hour before running tape.

Pretty much. I only know English and a smattering of Spanish so if I watch anything​ that isn't in English it doesn't sound like anything in particular. The acting could be just everyone speaking in monotone but I've got no clue so it's easy to say "they're acting their heart out and putting everything they got into Naruto" (an actual argument from the Adult Swim forums way back when)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My favorite thing about Fifth Element is that it's now trendy to have you hair styled after Zorg.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

But will it be better than the Spawn court case?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Oh all these posts and it's just the same tired argument about the assistant death :smith:

Totally stoked for a M Night superhero v supervillain movie though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

If they replace Burt with his bastard son I'm done with series.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kiimo posted:

Is he still beating her for sexual pleasure

Before the second one is over they establish actual boundaries and both do it for fun instead of him just beating her because he was molested as a child.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://youtu.be/4C0A2GpMNP8

Dark Tower trailer. I think it looks fine. I hope it's at least that.

As long as it's a fun bad I'm down. Give me the weird poo poo from Dark Tower plus Elba pissing off racists just by existing and you have movie of the year whatever year it finally comes out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The MSJ posted:

Again, any differences from the books is due to the movie being a continuation of the series instead of a straight adaptation.

Guarantee that's going to have to be pounded into everyone's head. New cycle of everything so that hopefully we get more Elba doing gunkata against lobsters and demons and super smart trains.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I need to get back to that series. I'm midway through book 4 but I find it hard to care about teenage Roland and his list for a farm girl.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Oh are we back to false flags? I remember someone in the 2014(15?) thread saying the Sony hack was a flash flag to blame for Annie being awful.

Pretty sure it's just someone stole Pirates because that makes a lot more sense

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I honestly thought Romero was dead.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Parasol Prophet posted:

Very disappointed that Javier Bardem is playing Frankenstein's monster instead of Frankenstein himself.

Also the rest of it sounds dumb. Who decided we need a Universal monsters extended universe, anyway?

Universal Studios in the 1920's

:goonsay:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The sword as a phallic symbol as opposed to the grail as a yonic symbol, sells more toys

I know if I were a child I'd rather my fighting robots came with tools to help them fight better than cups.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FilthyImp posted:

Isn't that what the Haunted Mansion, Battleship and other cash ins of the same Ilk were?

Pirates and Haunted Mansion came out the same year and Country Bears Jamboree predated both of them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The MSJ posted:

Battleship is more Hasbro trying to make money from their IPs the same way they were doing with Transformers. They more or less ignored board games now in favor of their other toylines like GI Joe, Micronauts, MLP, and ROM.

Somehow it seems appropriate that Baywatch's budget is 69 million.

Which is a shame because I'd watch the hell out of a direct to Netflix/Amazon/Whatever the gently caress D&D/MTG series. They could make it a low budget and just have fun with it embrace how cheesy everything about those games are.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Oh god there was a third direct to video D&D movie

And it was named after the splatbook with the pedophile bad guy in it

https://www.slideshare.net/MewChan/dd-35-book-of-vile-darkness (pages 17 and 18)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gatts posted:

Oh my God this is fantastic...this is what I want from pro wrestling.

I don't remember his name but he's a dragon who took human form so he could lucha.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gaz2k21 posted:

That's Drago dude.

Everyone should watch Lucha Underground so it get's lots of money and they can make series 4 (it's on US Netflix)

I wanted to say that was it but it seemed too Obvious

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

precision posted:

Says someone who clearly never saw The Rock in his heyday. Dwayne Johnson is a gift to us from on high and has better comedic chops than most comedians!

It did make my heart grow a bit when Steve Austin said a while back that he's known gay wrestlers and he has no problem with gay marriage. :unsmith:

I listened to a few episodes of his podcast and Stone Cold seems like a pretty okay guy. He was talking about how his movies might not be great but they're direct to video so you can pick up a pizza and some beer and then watch them from your couch.

And that his podcast is about "whatever Stone Cold wants to talk about for how ever long Stone Cold wants to talk about it and that's the bottom line because Stone Cold says so" or something similar

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

on the other hand, if she literally had nothing to do with what happened, should she be taking responsibility for it? like that's basically what she's saying

a better characterization of her statements would be "I had no idea this was going on and I am attempting to stop it, yell at those assholes not me"

Doesn't she know that's not how it works? She's in the movie so it's clearly her fault duh

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Those dated jokes are still better than the poo poo we get today where saying "cuck" and "covefe" are the pinnacle of comedy

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Guy Mann posted:

Boss Baby Fidget Spinner Covfefe Cuck My Mom NOT FAKE (2:48:44)

Boss Baby except everytime they say baby it speeds up 10% and the pitch goes down 15% (1:30)

1,324,982 Views 3k Likes 150 Dislikes

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Now there's a franchise ripe for a reboot.

Who would be Burt Reynolds though? I can't think of any charismatic actors today with a mustache that grand

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh for gods sake, Johnny Depp.

More importantly, need to replace Jerry Reed and Jackie Gleason.

Johnny Depp could not be Burt Reynolds. Ever. I will fight you irl at the schoolyard down the block tomorrow at high noon.

:colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Darthemed posted:

Which book title are you thinking of?

Presumably "Strange case of Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde"

"
edit: :thejoke:?

Len fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 10, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So apparently they're made four Dragonheart movies? Netflix had one o assumed was the third in it's new stuff category but nope turns out that's movie 4.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It would be like a Sam's Choice Mad Max. Are you guys saying we don't need more Mad Max style movies?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Peanut President posted:

The monsters in the last godzilla were basically giant moth-bat-things. A three-headed dragon is a little more out there.

It's more in line with some of the stuff we saw on Skull Island hanging out with Kong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Teen Titans Go is great just because of how angry it makes people for not being mature like the last Teen Titans show.

• Locked thread