Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ugh....All the Marvel movies are Pg-13. So are all the POTC movies. Both Star Wars movies they've released have been Pg-13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Jurassic World 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9mMeWcgoM

I should probably watch the first one
No, don't bother. This one looks lovely too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

He’s producing A Star is Born with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga, which comes out next year.
Why is Andrew Dice Clay in it? Why is he in anything anymore?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This is still giving ready player one too much credit imho

Yeah, it's truly awful. Apparently his second book is even worse, but seeing as how I couldn't put up with the first one for more than half an hour I'm not going to find out.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Didn't read the book, but I heard the podcast about it. I think the book sounds like it's one of those books that should have been a screenplay. Seems like a very "visual" story.

At best I think the movie will be a generic "if you die in the game you die for real" action flick with the added spice of "oh hey I got that reference." I trust Spielberg to make the story enough his own that it isn't boring or offensively bad.
No, it just plain shouldn't exist.

The world is hosed!
Video game are of high importantance!
The world is still hosed!

Edit: I'm mad that Spielberg is wasting his time with this poo poo instead of making another Tintin movie.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 11, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Pretty sure that no solution to the world's problems is found at the end of the book.

"Hide from the world's problems in a video game!" and "We must save our video games at all costs!" are maybe not the best messages to be sending in the age of Trump and Gamergate. I expect Spielberg would try to fix that a bit but he might as well be trying to adjust the messaging in The Turner Diaries, it's that much of a piece of poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Should've done a Snow Crash adaptation

Has the same real world is a poo poo hole and corporations are the new government (with a pizza delivery outfit being militarized and run by the mafia) and escapism into a virtual second life world.
Hobby Lobby just got busted doing something the evil billionaire in Snow Crash does.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I will see Jumanji regardless of how it is rated. I could do without Kevin Hart though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

A certain subset of DC fans has a bit of a persecution complex. They need either RT scores or $$$ to validate their life choices, because their whole identity is invested in the media they consume.

Marvel fans would be just as bad, but they're "winning"

None of this has anything to do with the quality of a given movie.
Being mad at the critics in the case of DC rather than the studio? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Edit: They've had three lousy movies so far. I haven't seen MOS or WW. I didn't outright hate JL so that's ay least an improvement from BVS and SS.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 17, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

As much of a mess as Scott's Robin Hood was it's portrayal of King Richard is probably the most accurate one an adaptation is ever going to have. Getting shot by a cook, dying in France, and not showing up at the end of the story because he's dead. It wasn't really a cook who killed him, just a guy shielding himself fron arrows with a piece or cookware, but close enough.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Legend of Tarzan sidestepped most of the origin story because nobody needs to see that origin story again. What it did show was important to the plot and fit in nicely. It also didn't have a sequel hook.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Sabotage sucked
Worst movie I've seen in the last 10 years.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dear Netflix

My stupid kids have expensive tastes

-Will Smith

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

Yikes! I know he's playing a fictional character in this, but man do I get a "I'm not black, I'm OJ Will Smith!" vibe from alot of his roles these days.
I haven't gotten that sense from him, mostly that he's just been taking bad roles in general.

Maybe playing the genie will get him back on track. Guy Ritchie's shtick works a lot better with Aladdin than it does with King Arthur.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Feeling bad for Max Landis is like feeling bad for a helicopter.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Landis just got accused of sexual assault.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Christmas horror movies exist too :getin:
Slashers feel a little too mean spirited for Christmas. I do love Gremlins, Rare Exports, and Krampus though. I want more like that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If it hadn't had Dwayne Johnson it would have sucked. Luckily that wasn't the case.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Go home Clint, you're drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tom and Jerry cartoons are loving bizarre. I left their adaptation of The Nutcracker on in the background one time. It was largely devoid of any violence until the end when a rocking horse with self esteem issues got her confidence back and smashed Tom's teeth out with a hammer.

• Locked thread