Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Instead they gave him less than nothing. This is like Bruce Wayne coming to dinner with Waller to trade intel. Waller should be dead and Bruce should be a good guy. What gives?

bruce being a good guy? that's a wildly different plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

but i love both good and bad films??????

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

he was doing well as charming Scottish rogue in the second tomb raider movie but then Jolie killed him (tearfully) , so

At least he was better than Daniel Craig

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

the book became a massive hit despite it being written really closely the the formula that made Gone Girl work (but badly). GG explored how 2-3 terrible people's choices are destroying them and their loved ones. Girl in the Train is practically a single man is responsible for all the women's life/death problems, and emily blunt's character being that somethingawful post of the goon stuck in a well

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Big corporations nowadays pay youtube channels to do sponsored content. It's right there in the description.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

21 Muns posted:

It'd be a movie where the twist is that you just spent two hours watching the fictional equivalent of someone else's trip to disneytown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke69bHVkHvE

Unfortunately the movie is not good

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The second movie literally had megatron ripping off the American flag from a tower as an affront, as if the concept of nations is a thing to a psychopathic alien robot race

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Yeah if he did ID 2 we would never get Collateral Beauty

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The MSJ posted:

At least they have the KLCC in there. Woo, Malaysia Boleh etc.

My memory is spotty but I recall the whole island of Singapore getting destroyed and absorbed up into the space ship. I'm sure lots of Malaysians loved that

That's for culture-appropriating our cuisine, jerks

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

America has a bad and dumb president who lies.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

How Is bumble bee interesting enough to warrant a whole film?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I attended a screening of Logan where people brought babies and children to watch an R rated movie

Movie ruled though, despite the constant crying of the younger audience

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The MSJ posted:

I don't know, I'm from South-East Asia and some of those voices sound pretty authentic. I love the the great Malay names they have for the locations, like the nuclear plant and chemical plant are literally named "Mushroom Cloud" and "Poisonous Toys" respectively, or the desert with a shipwreck in the middle is called the "Old Ocean".

Rico is also technically a terrorist protagonist, he's just a CIA-funded one.

same, i really enjoyed running around and looking at the hilarious place names and the various dialects i understood being thrown around

also they should cast an accent-accurate actress for Bolo Santosi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTmyLsSWksM

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i can't seem to find the u2 video which features the blocky lara croft, so here's a consolation prize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvInYhF9CfE

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

how are they even going to do the red pill scene in new matrix in a post-trump mra-ruled america

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

the second hitman film is just really bad

if i want to be charitable, the mechanic series is what the hitman series wants to be

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i've read on chinese rumour mills that people are actively advocating for Jing Tian of The Great Wall and Kong (and the upcoming Pacific Rim 2) NOT be Mulan. If you've watched any of these movies, you'll be surprised at how top billing she gets with her... uh, acting prowess.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I haven't seen any of those yet, better or worse than Angelababy in ID4: Resurgence? Because Angelababy put in the single worst English-language performance I have ever heard in that movie (though I don't feel qualified to judge her Mandarin acting).

From what I heard, worse, but I didn't watch enough of ID4 to confirm. The chinese internet sphere are p brutal against Jing Tian's performance in both the English & Chinese language, and I wish i could locate the video of a Chinese/Taiwanese online critic calling her the new 8th wonder of the world for being "able to land so many great roles yet has zero acting skills"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

She died twice in the first resident evil movie, and then died twice again in a much later sequel. She's really committed to getting killed

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

she is really good being naked in Penny Dreadful and she even gets to act as a crazy demon-possessed naked person!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Board game cafes are still a thing and monopoly and catan still destroy marriages so yeah

The video game is probably easier and cheaper to market and produce as merchandise than a board game

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm assuming they aren't going to market and produce a 90s era video game console

It's a video game console because that's what people who were kids in the 90s are nostalgic for and video games are what kids of today play, not board games so it appeals to a range of demographics. Board games are pretty obscure compared to video games, and uh yeah i'm guessing they want to appeal to more people than just the ones who go to something called a "board game cafe"

i'm assuming they'll create a retro game like the Wreck it Ralph mobile game and distribute it on ios/android/steam , not actually build a new console

e: um wait, i think i misread your post. do 90s kids only wax nostalgic over the consoles and not the games? i'm confused

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The MSJ posted:

They hired a bunch of writers who worked on comic book movies to write out a bunch of scripts starting with this year's movie. Transformers 5 is being written by two guys who wrote the first Iron Man movie and one who did Black Hawk Down. Then they also get Lucasfilm-style 'lore experts' as consultants. The result is probably a Transformers movie that feels more like a comic book film, except the things that goes on in Transformers comics are typically mad (in both good and bad ways). The current Transformers comics, for example, reveals that robots with 'camera' heads like Shockwave were not actually built that way but their original and more humanoid heads were removed as a form of punishment. Also most Transformers who transformed into animals now live on another planet to escape the religiously-motivated genocide of their kind on Cybertron.

Just letting you know I quoted this to a bunch of jaded transformer fans (along with hints of the other spoilers) and they are now very sold on this movie

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Gonz posted:

Anthony Hopkins and Michael Bay had sex in a giant robot prop.

poo poo i'm even more sold on this movie than ever

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Akira by luc besson

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

anime is bad tho

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

It's worse than anime

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

if her bff taylor swift joins valerian, would the girls go watch her

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I34cljQQ7YA

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Anime is good, but sucker punch is bad.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yp0L7PuXWU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

is that just a cartoon adaptation of the Gene Wilder film but with new scenes of Tom & Jerry that has nothing to do with the plot and they don't interact with any other character?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Grendels Dad posted:

Is... Is that good? I think it looks great.

It's bad! It's half fun bad and half boring bad but maybe worth a watch?

There is a tease throughout the movie that the four hero characters need to "combine their powers" in order to be super powerful, and while I was anticipating them to do that d B Z combination dance (it doesn't happen), the final act comprises them basically holding each other and creating a hadoken big enough to destroy whole skyscrapers.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

What I recall off watching Guardians:

the reason you don't see the villain clearly in most promotional posters and trailers is because he looks like an incredible dope but with a weird muscular body. He's great.

Every one of the four heroes get a few minutes to monologue their personal backstory to the military-industrial complex lady, whose role is apparently to 1. Listen to them moan and whine 2. Wear very attractive military gear and 3. Ride a motorbike and be really cool

The Guardians fail in every single mission they are sent to

The villain's plan is to break a satellite tower, attach it to skyscrapers with a poo poo load of wires hanging in mid air, and create a satellite tower so powerful it can control all the satellites in the world

One of the Guardians has the ability to cut all the wires attaching the said hanging satellite tower. He cuts a couple of wires and calls it a day, which does nothing to affect the tower's integrity

Another Guardian grabs a battery and gets electrocuted at no detriment to the villain's plans

The werebear 's super power is turning into a bear with a gatling gun on his back and it's loving awesome but only used in one scene. The bear also gets sucker punched!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I seem to recall Hearts in Atlantic to be a decent movie but a terrible adaptation of the yellow raincoat story

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I think Virginia Andrews and her incest erotica are the ones that get ghost written the most

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Can't wait for the amazing hideous demon of young Johnny Depp this summer

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Sir Kodiak posted:

I've never looked at a movie and wished it had less evocative imagery but more plot.

so basically like GITS Innoncence

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

sassy predators on tanks better be in the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

this is a hour+ long commercial for candy crush saga?

• Locked thread