Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
John Wick 2 coming for valentines day as well :getin: :comissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Mummy impossible

Valerian

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tars Tarkas posted:

There is no way BvS wasn't in the black before it started rolling, but it was a failure despite making $873 million because it should have made double that. It had the two most recognizable super heroes worldwide in the same title for the first time ever and was a flagship movie intended to launch a franchise of multiple films a year, instead it had so much bad word of mouth that probably cost them hundreds of millions, caused desperate reshoots on Suicide Squad that turned it into some sort of Frankenstein film, and reverberated down the chain (Suicide Squad had its own, unrelated problems as well!) I don't know how much it affected Wonder Woman, but you can see the tone shift in the Justice League trailer that tries to make it more light-hearted. I'm guessing both of those films will still be a mess, but for different reasons, and it will take another year plus before someone rights their ship and two more years before we see the results in theaters. I also think Flash will be a breakout role in Justice League but his solo movie is being bungled like crazy right now so they won't be able to capitalize on it properly and he'll pop up in some random film like Shazaam.

BvS finished 6th for the year, and that's only because the year ended before Rogue One pulled ahead of it. More money doesn't mean it's a better movie, but the failure is entirely failing to live up to its potential because the film and franchise are fundamentally flawed, something the studio recognized only after the film was released and poisoned the well for future entries. Suicide Squad achieved success in spite of BvS's failure, and from what I saw the better parts appeared to be parts reshot to make the film less dark.

Um, I think you'll find that the Lego Movie had Batman and Superman. Not sure they ever spoke to each other though... I still haven't seen BvS despite owning almost all other batman dvd's and even liking Superman Returns, because all I heard was how boring and unfun it was. Life is boring and unfun enough for me.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Neo Rasa posted:

Literally everything about xXx and Die Another Day's production and marketing is fully justified because it gave us inspired the rushed hanger-on Extreme Ops which is the most early 00s film ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZoACTYqwbg

Rufus Sewell? Might be worth watching :getin:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Darthemed posted:

Has there been a product placement thread in CD before? Seems like a topic with a lot to discuss and dissect.

The careers of Adam Sandler and Mike Meyers are examples 1 and 2. Also Fight Club.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I saw Akira when I was 5. It was awesome but gave me some weird nightmares.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jesus, they ruined the best part of Conan: the music.

https://youtu.be/W5K3AKl5qpc Such a great movie :allears: he gets drunk and high too, not really kids show stuff.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The scariest non-horror thing I saw as a kid was the funeral scene from Amadeus, it's so goddamn bleak for a kid to imagine being buried in a mass grave.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

Temple of Doom was psychologically terrifying based on the dinner scene alone.

Monkey brains and pregnant snake still haunt my dreams to this day.

For me it was the bug trap.

There's nothing necessarily scary about a heart being ripped out. https://youtu.be/EAIfGYAhwQA

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dicky mouse posted:

since we going over the movies that scared us as children.

No one saw howard the duck?

I saw it as an adult, what was scary? I like it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

TetsuoTW posted:

Wait Zhang Yimou finally remembered how to make a good movie?

No it's just chinese people trying to brag about something from chiner.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Oceans prequels like star wars

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

Also because the main cast is all women so they get only 70% of the team.

I couldnt put that joke into words, tyvm

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Oceans 13 is so fun, I love it the most of the 3.

precision posted:

I said it elsewhere: It's the Infinite Jest of bad movies. I kind of love it and want to watch it again tonight.

My 9th grade English teacher was almost put in jail for showing us The Name of the Rose.

Overprotective parents are morons. Humans survived millennia ago when murder and disease and early death and rape were rampant, 30 seconds of tits won't make your kids snap unless your lovely parenting already has them on the edge.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Haha I forgot about Stand and Deliver. I got that in Spanish class plus West Side Story.

In spanish we got to watch Antonio Banderas movies. Usually just Mask of Zorro instead of actual spanish ones, but that was fine by me, that movie rules.

The scene where a mexican lady needs a translator is still goofy.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Our history teacher showed us Hamburger Hill and Platoon, all while graphically explaining what they got wrong and what they got right. He also ranted for an entire class about Rambo 2. I think everyone in the administration were too afraid of him to say anything.

One of my teachers was at the real hamburger hill battle. I didnt talk to him much though :/

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
When's the live/cg bambi? Song ofbthe south already is a mix, but they've buried it in their vault. What else are they going to remake, Rescuers? Steamboat Willie?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I'm surprised there isnt a modernish version of Beauty and the Beast, like set during ww1 or 2 with french girl/german officer, or like israel/palestine kids, or something halfway to romeo/juliet.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Happy death day! Your dead

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I thought people liked Million DollarBaby, but I havent seen it myself, just the Always Sunny ep

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

As I looked, behold, a whirl-
wind was coming from the north,
a great cloud with fire flashing
forth continually and a bright
light around it, and in its midst
something like glowing metal in
the midst of the fire.

5 Within it there were figures
resembling (J)four living beings
And this was their appearance:
they had human (K)form.

13 In the midst of the living
beings there was something that
looked like burning coals of
fire, like torches darting back
and forth among the living beings.
The fire was bright, and lightning
was flashing from the fire.

15 Now as I looked at the
living beings, behold, there was
one wheel on the earth beside the
living beings, for each of the four

16 The appearance of the
wheels and their workmanship was
like sparkling beryl, and all four
of them had the same form, their
appearance and workmanship being as
if one wheel were within another wheel

25 And there came a voice from
above the expanse that was over
their heads; whenever they stood still,
they dropped their wings.

26 Now above the expanse that
was over their heads there was
something resembling a throne,
like lapis lazuli in appearance;
and on that which resembled a
throne, high up, was a figure with
the appearance of a man.

27 Then I noticed from the
appearance of His loins and upward
something like glowing metal that
looked like fire all around within
it, and from the appearance of His
loins and downward I saw something
like fire; and there was a radiance
around Him.

28 As the appearance of the
rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day,
so was the appearance of the
surrounding radiance such was the
appearance of the likeness of the
glory of the LORD And when I saw it,
I fell on my face and heard
a voice speaking.

Someone was on :catdrugs:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Mad Maxine?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

That's going to be the 1-line reviews of the movie too.

I kinda miss the original Dragonball manga, read it back in college and the first few arcs were pretty good and fun. Threw em away during a move though.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hat Thoughts posted:

i guess but the article heavily implies that the bad working conditions were like entirely because of him & its all phrased in the past tense as well

etc.

Big Eyes shared universe lookin good

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

dont even fink about it posted:

I've heard it's not actually that good of a movie at the end of the day.

I know a lot of the hot festival films I am watching lately are overhyped, that's for sure.

Seems like the films that get bood tend to be better.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm watching the new xx x movie and wow, this is such an aged dude Bro show. The target audience seems to be people nursing either five sexually transmitted diseases or paying support for illegitimate twins after a few full moon parties.

You're texting during a movie? Bad!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Barudak posted:

poo poo you just wrote John Wick 3.

Keanu shared universe!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Terminators vs Aliens

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ElectricSheep posted:

You know what they call popcorn in France?

Le popcorn?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Give me popcorn coated in cheeto dust

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MariusLecter posted:

How many liquid ounces in that x shaped bottle?

69, dude!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

No, just really tedious apart from the visuals and a couple moments of fight choreography.

The climax of Dr Strange was a breath of fresh air compared with the usual punch-bad-man-harder type of victory.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I'M GIVING YOU FREEDOM!!!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Inspector Gesicht posted:

John Hurt has passed away.

:(

https://youtu.be/5whe9XtdQgw

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
It also has the marines turn out to be greedy for their million dollar payday. It's a complex movie. Also that seam engine scene rules.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Improbable Lobster posted:

Americans whining about telecom costs should have a look at the prices in Canada or most other countries.

It's pretty cheap in china. So is mass transit, bus rides across town were about ten cents, here it's over five bucks, each way.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not when you're talking about internet quality. What good is a gigabit connection when you're behind the great fitewall?

Vpn's still exist there.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Ripley's story was complete at the end of Aliens. Anything past that is EU.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

teagone posted:

If WB manages to get George Miller or Denis Villeneuve to direct Affleck in the solo Batman film, that will quell my worries a bit.

Or Tim Burton!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The Incredibles is the best F4 movie.

• Locked thread