Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

K. Waste posted:

This has the potential to be the best film of the year. I really should watch Skyline, and re-watch that there AVP: R.

And then jump off a bridge afterwards! Christ those movies are the worst of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Although, Beyond Skyline has nothing to do with the BS, outside of them doing the effects, and it stars Mad Dog, Rama, and Crossbones/Punisher Lite so, it could be good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I forgot Jane Levy was in it, and that kinda sorta makes me want to see it now.

Even though I think she shoulda played the lead.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wasn't really scared of too much as a kid. Skeletons kinda creeped me out a little bit, but the only thing that really got me was this fucker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsJjfS-i2zM

Took me years to finally be able to watch that part of the film.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 7, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Thing was awesome as a kid and really sparked my imagination. I always that McFarlane Thing figure but I never found it. My buddy found it a few years ago at a store and I bought from him. So that was cool.
But I totally would've played with that spider head and had it eat all my toys.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eh! Frank posted:

My high school World History teacher showed us Schindler's List without any kind of parental permission or whatever, but it was a class full of freshmen and sophomores who didn't give a poo poo so he never got in trouble. He would also go through every question before every test, reviewing the answers, so it was just about impossible to fail a test. Did I mention this was a pre-AP class?

Almost same. I think we did have to have a slip or something, I don't remember. But it was the first time I saw the film and I thought it was incredible. Everyone got mad at the black and white which made me laugh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Attack on Titan is gross and I don't like the idea of movies about people being eaten whole.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope that's real.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The reason Booty is excited is because that final nail is gonna look really pretty.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All I want is endless Alien movies. One of them will be good, at least.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He's still bitter about Alien 3.

Which like, makes me wonder why he didn't just make it himself. He obviously had an end goal in mind for Ripley.

I don't really remember if he ever talked about doing it on the making of's. Although I could be wrong. It's been a good few years since I've seen 'em.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She and all her friends died and no one lived happily ever after.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Does The Hot Topic Crowd even exist still? Did it ever?

Hot Topic now goes with the nerd crowd so if you want anything nerdy, that is your place to get it. I was surprised to find a full line of Stranger Things merch already.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Neo Rasa posted:

2000-2008 the period of incredible action films such as Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Extreme Ops.

Crank, Shoot 'Em Up, Punisher War Zone, Death Proof, Death Sentence, Bad Boys loving II, 300.

\

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I only mentioned it because I rewatched it a year ago and found it enjoyable.

I was gonna say Grindhouse but Planet Terror is kinda eh, so I picked the good half.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tars Tarkas posted:

Seltzerberg (Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer) are back in Star Wars form:

Absolutely disgusting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only funny part of Spy Hard is the titles.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Detective No. 27 posted:

This was the exact scene where I realized I was watching something special.

Or the cop scene.

"You uh, workin again John?" It's an action movie for people who love action movies. And people who love doggies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Waking up inside a shark would be so annoying

Unless you're into vore. :dance:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's not supposedly...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Which is me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tars Tarkas posted:

The cool thing is that isn't even the ugliest movie toy of 2017

Goddess Bunny action figure!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So was Dredd!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DeimosRising posted:

Did they have a time machine?

Dredd was shot in 2010.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The script of Dredd got leaked in 2010

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just thought it was a good bit to bring up Dredd inspiring the raid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm weird because I liked the Dredd trailer and it's what got me to watch the film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That picture of Dredd still makes me laugh. His helmet looks ridiculously over sized.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/dredd_movie_image_karl_urban_01.jpg

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alan Silvestri's score is so drat good. It reminds me of RoboCop a bit in how overly heroic it is.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Leavemywife posted:

I don't get how that's a failure. It made back it's budget and 14% profit. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it seems like for a mid-budget flick, that's not too bad.

It has to make double.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was alright in Gods of Egypt.But nothing special.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No offense but I doubt it. That clip is poo poo.

Why can't people ape Hamil, or Nicholson? Or fuckin Ceaser Romero over Ledger?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was so long ago though. How does everyone not know that?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yo is every 90's kid collectively watching Lost in Space right now?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Most of those toys were awesome. In a kid's view sense. They're pretty goddamn hidious these days.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

davidspackage posted:

Same. I watched it again recently and I just can't muster the effort to follow the plot. William Hurt is the most boring spacedad in the universe.

We will UUuuuEEEEWWWWWWSSS the pl-AN-ET core...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's a prequel to Godzilla Vs King Kong.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Japan brought back the Jaws ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kong Skull Island is so loving good everyone. It's super violent, super fun, and honestly, really does not follow any of the same beats from any of the other Kong flicks. It stands on it's own.

It's really loving neat.

• Locked thread