Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

FreudianSlippers posted:

Aliens, in general not in Signs specifically, are a modern incarnation of fairies/elves. They're a mysterious otherworldly force that is like us but different. They abduct people and like faires (and succubi/incubi, vampires, mares and shadow people) they're an attempt to explain sleep paralysis.

And whit out googling I just know there's fan fiction of fairies anal probing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Snyder is really good at cool visuals but almost all his movies could do with being about 40 minutes shorter.

I wouldn't go as far as 40 minutes but he really needs to find a good editor,also scripts with a couple more passes.not even rewrites,just make sure stuff has narrative flow.he seems to be a guy who gets over excited over some project and just rushes through.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

The Rock is always playing the Rock. His interviews when he was just Dwayne Jonhson are the most genuine because he was just being his normal lovable goofy self.its also the time when his career kinda stalled and it only got back on track when he started being the Rock again 24/7.by all acounts hes one of the nicest guys in hollywood so go and get payed big man.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

A lot of the charm was walken as your favorite sociopath uncle though,or as i Call it,a 0.9 on the walken scale.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Antti posted:

If this thing starts looking like it'll get edited and released I'm going to get nervous about a world-ending disaster.

Well they wrecked a Unesco historical site just filming it so releasing it might just End the world!

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Ah the george carlin,"the planet is fine,the people are hosed" school of thought.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

It would be boring as hell,stephenson has some cool ideas but he cant write dialogue or a functional story for poo poo,his stories feel like loose conections of stuff hapening with bonus mathematics.

More studios need to take a clue from Arrival,adapt more short stories with cool big ideas and let the screenwriters create interesting characters in it. Or just straight up do an adaptation of stars my destination,because goddamn count of montecristo innnnn spaaaaaaceeeeee.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The only reason I'm against that idea is if people seem open to "Psychologist for bizarre clients" concept show then someone might try and get the movie adaptation of Rob Liefeld's lovely Shrink! comic strip going again, especially since he's the guy who created Deadpool so he's hot property right now.

The comic strip is genuinely awful:

The rights originally got picked up back in '02 and J-Lo was set to star in the film but it fell through.

I dunno man,psycologist for bizarre clients gave us the sopranos,Hannibal and the analyse this movies.its not a perfect bating average but its pretty good

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

T3 had a really good action sequence on the crane setpiece and jonh connors raging oedipus complex.its a fun bad movie.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Brb,sampling black Metal Bjork

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Finding neverland had Deep at pretty much peek star power though and that certainly helped the box office.basically the solution is just remake peter pan with the rock.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Also at the end of forever war communism wins,which might explain why there will never be a movie about it.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

porfiria posted:

Well, humanity evolves into gay clones.

awesome telephatic gay clones which is basically full communism.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Okay, then how do you make a good sequel to a movie where the protagonist becomes a god and is completely disconnected from the human experience by the end of it?

You make the previous godlike being loose its omnipotence by a macguffin,and the film is them trying to get it back while also relearning what being human is? I mean theres a bunch of scifi stories with this premise and also a couple of holy books. Basically just adapt the last book of the wizard of earthsea saga.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

A great part of dbz popularity was its dub certainly.they translated kakarot to cachalote (pronounced ka-cha-lot) which is literally sperm whale in portuguese.so vegeta spends all his time calling goku a big fat whale and doing fat mammal puns.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

habituallyred posted:

And nobody thought to mention that he was also trying to make a The Star's My Destination Movie? Which of these are you least excited for:

1. Everyone can teleport from any location they know to any other location they know within 1000~ miles and this societies prisons
2. Cybernetic Count of Monte Cristo, so rich he rides a train to parties, whose blush betrays his TIGER FACE TATTOO
3. Romantic interlude as the main character and a villain's daughter watch and describe the bombardment of New York with each other
4. Kidnapping a telepathic "baby", using them to interrogate a ex-captain turned monk with their 5 senses surgically disabled
5. The main character gathers all the principal players to discuss what they want him to do according to the ideas/morals that they represent, then the Robot Bartender has the final word

Ive been saying this for years ,the stars my destination is perfect for a movie adaption because its a redemption arc and a swashbuckling epic and a revenge story and a techno thriller and has an apropriate but good amount of weirdness. And " i'll kill you filthy!" is just a fantastic swear.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Most movies have a teaser trailer. The House With A Clock In Its Walls (starring Jack Black and Cate Blanchett and directed by Eli Roth) has this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbSMck1FvJb/

Blame Thor Ragnarok

Jack black slowly phisically turning into orson welles was,in hindsight,inevitable.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

That scene in the first jurassic park where laura dern is up to her elbowns in dino poop? But with a raptor and a mountain of cocaine

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

A series of high profile roberies are executed by velociraptors on dirt bikes.the only ones who can stop them is the rock and jason statham.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

.... which is almost exactly 2 years away!

6 whole years will have passed from the original Frozen's release to when Frozen 2 hits cinemas so yeah, they're gonna want to do some maintenance work on that zeitgeist in the meantime

Its xmas guys,theres a million metric tons of frozen merchandise to sell to kids.frozen dwarfs Cars merchandise even in its heyday which is just mindboggling.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

its amazing how hollywood found something more annoying than when every trailer had inception horns in it

To be fair the inception horns are a great stinger,but i want to see the trailers where everyone started using the big loving church organs of interstellar.man,that soundtrack is great.

Since this poo poo is cyclical in 5 years every trailer will be using speeded up versions of 90s pop songs ,finally children of bodoms cover of "oops i did it again" will be topical.

Or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdhBiCNT85c

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Followed closely by Sci-Fi.

https://m.imgur.com/t/informative/RIcAF

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

On the other hand,the first interacial kiss on tv was in star trek. Dunno man,it seems to me that mediums that push against boundaries or put a mirror to society are good,even if they dress it up as spacemans? Is "monsters are due in mapple street" less eficient by using aliens?

Otoh,ill agree that fantasy is racist as gently caress.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Timby posted:

There was that (although, at least as far as I know, Desi always considered himself white), at least two British shows, and an episode of I Spy that long predated Plato's Stepchildren in 1968.

Huh,learn something new every day. I stand corrected.

And yeah,there is a lot of bad stuff out there,but like skwirl said,its a genre filled with white cis dudes. I like to think that for each orson scott card there is a frank herbert or leguin or octavia butler out there. I hope so.Because seriously,gently caress orson scott card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Its me,im the guy who liked both skylines movies.well they're not exactly movies,ones a impressive tech demo and the other is a ridiculous kaiju movie featuring the guys from the raid,whats not to like?

• Locked thread