Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

heh heh yeah, this movie is gonna loving SUCK hahaha

*secretly I think it will be good and at worst a cult classic for Gen Z*

If they do even a halfway decent job at the tie-in merchandising, then this movie will be freaking huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

I had nightmares about a black goo in a lake trying to eat me as a very young child and a few years ago I found out that The Raft segment from Creepshow 2 matched those dreams almost exactly.

This is from a few pages back, but it triggered a crazy memory. Our sixth grade band teacher popped in the Creepshow 2 VHS and played it for the whole class during the last week of school. Full on Rated R with nudity and gore in a public elementary in a small Texas town back in like 1988. We moved that summer, so I don't know if the teacher ever got in trouble or not.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Schindler's List was released when I was still in high school, so we never saw it in class, but our world history teacher gave us bonus credit if we brought in a ticket stub from going to see it.

e: we got the same deal for Malcolm X

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Simplex posted:

I was never interested in watching it, so I haven't seen it. The wikipedia description of the ending: The film ends as Tyler, to his sister's dismay, performs a freestyle rap recounting the events of their visit. sure is something.

Tyler was insufferable. Movie was pretty decent though.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BcDErCUiaw

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 12, 2017

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Japanese poster for Kong: Skull Island is so badass.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

21 Muns posted:

I also kind of want to see a Highlander movie where one Immortal shoots his opponent a whole bunch, and he's like "ha ha, are you some kind of idiot, we can only be killed by getting decapitated", and then the first Immortal walks up and decapitates him because he was busy healing and couldn't move to get away

It's been a long time, so I may have hallucinated this, but in the show wasn't there a retarded highlander who laid on railroad tracks so that a train decapitated him?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

Mixing Ibn Fadlan and Beowulf was a pretty cool idea. The movie is a bit of a mess but I still like it.

The 13th Warrior was really underrated I thought. Never have read the book though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

GrandpaPants posted:

I was about to say that it's too bad the West didn't discover Donnie Yen like ten years ago, but then I realized Jackie Chan and Jet Li didn't make any good movies when they started working in Hollywood.

Shanghai Noon and Rush Hour were loving great.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Phylodox posted:

It had a transcendentally good soundtrack, and it was really, really pretty to look at. My wife loves it. She calls it alternately her favourite Daft Punk music video and her favourite screen saver.

Interstella 5555 is the best Daft Punk video.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

50/50 this or the Judgement Night soundtrack :o:

Can't leave out The Crow soundtrack.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sliver was a terrible movie, but I loved that soundtrack.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Atomic Blonde red-band trailer, this is looking badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u5Re6tFvFA

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Make Kong even smaller I say! I mean, we all watched Ant Man kick Iron Man's rear end last summer.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Femur posted:

Do they ever have king kong using weapons?

He definitely uses weapons in the new movie. At one point he fights by swinging around a huge chain with a ships propeller wrapped up at the end.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So word out of SXSW is that Atomic Blonde is not so good, but Edgar Wright's Baby Driver is fantastic. Trailer certainly backs that up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2z857RSfhk

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Out of Sight has the best sex scene, and was the last good movie Jennifer Lopez ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT8TStKc1G0

The trunk scene was sexier though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

Didn't he also write and/or direct the first one?

He wrote the first one.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Leavemywife posted:

The story has two parts, adult and child. It's just about a perfect fit to split into a pairof movies.

Sounds like the first movie will be all Loser's Club, and the second with be adult cast cut with flashbacks to the kids.

e: and based on that teaser it looks scary as poo poo

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

raditts posted:

He also has a network sitcom.
Are any of the Friends actors not doing relatively well careerwise?

Hell, even the monkey has a pretty great career.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamiejones/this-is-what-marcel-the-monkey-has-been-up-to-sinc?utm_term=.ugeQOe7zy#.rhPov4eBl

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Phanatic posted:

Stephen King decided that all his books take place in the same metaverse so after he got about 3 books into the Dark Tower he started shoehorning connections with his other books into it, and vice versa. But what makes it dumb is that none of those connections are plot-affected or necessary (or good, a lot of them make both works lesser). It's not the same studio.

If they make it to book 5 it's gonna be interesting to see them deal with the Harry Potter and Marvel comics connections. By which I mean they should just drop them on the floor and never film them because they are dumb.

Book spoilers: These movie(s) all take place in the cycle that follows the events of the book series. Roland already has the Horn of Eld, so I don't think we should expect things to play out the same way.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

What the gently caress is this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd60i3ZnLOE

Seriously, watch the whole trailer. Every 30 seconds feel like they're from a completely different film.

This got lost in cartoon chat, but seriously, wtf?? I thought maybe it was going to pivot into comedy when Bobby Moynihan and Sarah Silverman showed up, but no it went crazy in a completely different direction.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Just imagine all of those many great, memorable characters from the Call of Duty franchise up on the silver screen!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I thought at first you were talking about the Alexander Payne film The Descendants and was very confused as to why there was a sequel.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Parasol Prophet posted:

The Long Walk seems like it'd be difficult to make into a movie, if I'm remembering it correctly (I read it in high school, years ago).

I mean, isn't it basically just... the long walk? If your teen rebel protagonist isn't fighting The Man or falling in love with a mythical creature there's no space in the YA movie boom for you.

I need a movie where a character dies of blue balls.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I dunno if it would work padded out into movie length, but I'd love to see a version of The Jaunt from Skeleton Crew.

e: Hmm, well maybe I'll get my wish? http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Stephen-King-Teleportation-Tale-Jaunt-Heading-Theaters-70303.html

Didn't see anything more recent though, so dunno if it's still in development or what.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

dentist toy box posted:

I never saw it in theaters so I never bothered watching it.

Also what if the pirates leak is just a scapegoat for when the movie bombs?

:tinfoil: that was actually my first thought :tinfoil:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

SimonCat posted:

Saw this trailer before Alien: Covenant

I must say, the rise of nerd culture as an identity and a thing is making me feel my age.

This just looks dire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwBzUWZGS4

I watched to the end, trying to figure out why that guy reminded me of John Francis Daley, only to learn that it IS John Francis Daley.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

John Francis Daley from long, long ago

Ok that makes way more sense now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Timby posted:

Beyond significantly under-performed, financially (despite them moving production to Canada to save money), and even Quinto's saying he's not sure if they'll do another one -- despite him and Pine actually being under contract for it.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a fourth nuTrek.

They murdered all of the goodwill that was gained from ST09 with the flat out awful Into Darkness. I really enjoyed Beyond, but it was probably not good enough to change that series trajectory.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That has no reason to exist in a world that already has Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Casey Affleck has the Method Acting experience for it.

So does Jared Leto

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Davros1 posted:

At this point, I'd rather have a Joker film instead of another drat Batman film.

Well boy are you in luck, because now there is a SECOND Joker movie on the way. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-harley-quinn-movie-scores-crazy-stupid-love-filmmakers-write-direct-1032210

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

New director Zack Snyder Clint Eastwood announced

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I was fine with clowns until Poltergeist. gently caress that clown.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

FishBulb posted:

They are two very different movies, Alien is a horror movie and Aliens is an action movie. It's not that SMG to think someone would prefer one genre to another.

I also think Alien is better.

Alien has Harry Dean Stanton while Aliens has Bill Paxton, so in fact they are both perfect in every way.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

I am not saying it should, like I have really good memories of Rosemary's Baby myself. I personally wouldn't be able to watch it again but that is just me. Its just sometimes people act like its the easiest thing in the world to watch those movies, but its hard to seperate art from the artist in the case where the art sometimes resemble's the artist's crimes.

I'm with you on this. Chinatown was one of my favorite all time movies, but I wasn't able to finish watching last time I tried. I worry that Kevin Spacey is going to make rewatching L.A. Confidential hard to do.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I never saw the first one and I probably never will (same goes for the sequel) but I'm sure Harry Potter marks will eat that poo poo up. I know some personally. They're not interested in judging the movie with an unbiased approach. Even if it's tangentially related to Harry Potter, it's automatically the best poo poo ever.

Eh, probably true overall but I know plenty of Potter fans that didn't like it at all. Eddie Redmayne and Katherine Waterson were probably the most annoying to watch leads I've seen in a mainstream movie.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I bet you Bright is good, like every other David Ayer movie.

Suicide Squad was bad. Fury was just OK.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

End of Watch was fantastic, so I'm gonna give Bright a chance because of that, but I don't have high hopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Gatts posted:

I remember the Medicine Man.

90 minutes of Sean Connery hanging by crotch harness in the jungle, with Lorraine Bracco braying at him

• Locked thread