Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hidden Figures, Lego Batman, and then my calendar is clear for the rest of 2017.

Hidden Figures, Lego Batman sounds like one of those "Hidden Dragon, Ninja Dragon" oddball matchs up from the early 2000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kiimo posted:

My 15 year old brother worked in a theater when I was 4 or 5 and took me to see a special after-hours screening of Jaws.

I wouldn't go near waterbeds much less actual pools.

I was scared of waterbeds due to Nightmare on Elm Street when Johnny Depp gets eaten by his bed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Child trauma, is it?

Nope no thank you

Oh yeah that scene was freaky as a kid. Another scene that freaked me out was randomly waking up at night and my dad had Exterminator on tv. Two scenes that stood out was him killing some gangsters by having rats eat them to death, and another scene that stood out more of him feeding a mobster to a giant meat grinder.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lemon posted:

When I was younger I watched all kinds of horror films without getting scared but for some reason I just couldn't even look at this part of the X-Files opening:

Something about it freaked me the gently caress out.

Looks like Giygas from Earthbound.

Speaking of video games and face, the Guardian from Ultima freaked me out as a kid. I rented the SNES version of VII, and the Guardian giant red face appearing on screen just scared me. Ended up returning it shortly afterwards. Meanwhile now the Guardian looks like a muppet.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Does it lead up to the Wacky Races?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JT Smiley posted:

This hosed me up for years and was the only part that I remembered from that movie.

That scene and Clark Kent getting crushed by the car compressor at the junkyard were both gently caress up scenes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MisterBibs posted:

Outside of the obvious nostalgia, what keeps interesting me about the Power Rangers movie is that they seem to want to convey that having powers like they do is loving awesome. You're suddenly and majorly jacked, you've got a robot dinosaur, and techno/magical armor.

Plus, when Bryan Cranston Face tells you not to use them for personal gain, you know that such a warning is best heeded.

They seen Breaking Bad, they probably know what happens to people who cross him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Inspector Gesicht posted:

John Hurt has passed away.

Who greenlighted this poo poo. :smith:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Casimir Radon posted:

The controls aren't a complete disaster and the story is actually well written. Lara behaves a lot more like an actual human than some guy's wank material.

Yeah the two reboot games are pretty good and Lara for the most part dress normal. The movie is looking more like the previous movies through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only thing bad about Spaceballs is the animated series they did on G4 a decade ago.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Len posted:

I want Bill and Ted 3 to come out in 2019 and be about Bill an Ted working in dead end 9-5s. Then a time traveler shows up to get them back on the path and they run for President and Vice President of the United States, and then and the premier Keanu and Alex announce they're going to run for office irl.

Will John Wick be the time traveler who greets them?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

well why not posted:

I just saw The Great Wall, AMA

Is that really bad cgi lizard still in it?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Time Cop, I love how the cash in SNES game is actually a sequel that has you being sent to different times as a challenge by this guy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Well, all things being equal, it's better than Mystery Men.

Didn't Mystery Men give us Smash Mouth's All Star?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
All these people and no mention of Billy Zane. From Titanic to Ansem the Seeker of Darkness.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

Coming in August:

Finally the ride is in theaters...wait a minute.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Is this canon?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It can either be that or it might be set in one of the mentioned previous version of the Matrix that the Architect talked about.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

Just have the Architect introduce the premise for each standalone episodic movie like Rod Serling at the beginning of each Twilight Zone.

Is the person who played the Architect still alive to do this? As it's a neat idea if it a anthology of the various failed versions, like the one with mythology monsters in it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Samuel Clemens posted:

Most Disney films are front-loaded with songs because the company never quite figured out how to make musical numbers fit into the more dramatic parts. At best, you might get a slightly sinister reprise.

Always will love Jafar version of Prince Ali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR2Qqh-yHEU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

basic hitler posted:

The matrix online also deserved better than it got.

What you don't like the Matrix Online ending with everyone being turned into cubes?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Why not just have the lady who voiced Mulan play her in the remake.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

I know she's hot and all, but Ming-na Wen is also 51. Mulan probably needs to be played by someone younger.

Yeah I know she that old, which really surprised me considering how hot she is on Agents of SHIELD. I could see her being a cameo or support character in it through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Shame John Hurt is gone or we could had him be their mentor.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

feedmyleg posted:

Clowns are essentially a non-thing in 2017. I'm sure they're still goofing around at the circus, but the circus is essentially a non-thing in 2017. Modern audiences are going to be creeped out by clowns, regardless of when the story is set. Yes, that's partially thanks to the original It book and miniseries, but probably moreso thanks to John Wayne Gacy and, well, how inherently weird and offputting the whole cartoonish 1900s hobo makeup and exaggerated slapstick act is. Like, what's a friendly-seeming clown even look like? Because I think if you showed a picture of one to anyone these days they'd still find it weird and creepy.

If people are going to be creeped out by a clown no matter what, why not just push that and let it be as creepy as they can?

Also don't forget last year where they kept having new stories about creepy clown sightings everywhere. I doubt Pennywise needs to look 'friendly' at first.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Didn't Dark Tower have the guy who hit Stephen King with a car as a villain at some point?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Japanese Spider-Man actually showed up in the Spider-Verse event where all the spiderman from different stories and media appeared.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Grendels Dad posted:

I've seen that page before and what I've always wandered was:

1. Would Black Adam have transformed had he ordered a single chocolate egg cream.

2. Did he actually eat the chocolate egg cream after transforming. Because you know The Rock would have.

Been a while since I read 52, but Billy became the new Shazam (old guy) in charge of powers after the other one died fighting the Wraith of God. Black Adam after his wife Isis and her brother got killed by some mad scientist and their creatures, he declared war on the county that they worked for and killed everyone there. Some stuff happened and he got beat up and got his phase to turn into Black Adam changed to something he would never would likely said, which is that panel above.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I never read Dreamcatcher or watched the movie, but wasn't it a in-direct sequel to It?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

LesterGroans posted:

Pretty sure it's law that all Stephen King books have to be purchased in thrift stores or yard sales, wtf?

I got my copy of It from a yard sale for 50 cents, so yes!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The copy for It I have must been from the mid 90s, as it has Tim Curry's Pennywise on the box.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Angry Salami posted:

No, you're allowed to buy them at airport bookstores too, though Tom Clancy and John Grisham are preferred.

Through does Crichton still get ghost written books like Clancy after his death? Or I just mixing up Clancy games that continue after his death?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Detective No. 27 posted:

Andre Braugher voiced Darkseid in one of the earlier DC animated movies. I'd be down for him to be the live action one.

Comedy Darkseid casting: Sean Astin.

In Goonies logic that would make Darkseid the younger brother of Thanos.

GonSmithe posted:

Walt was going to start working with Jesse, get pissed off at him then trap in his basement with a shotgun pointing at his head attached to a rig that would shoot it if he reached to get the food Walt was putting in front of him. So it was starve or take the easy way out. Then Walt Jr. was going to find him in the basement, where Jesse would grab him and kill both of them. And that's the end of season 1.

Also this would make no sense for season 1 Walt to jump all the way to his end of the series ruthless persona. It took him several episodes to just kill the drug dealer who tried to kill him at least twice.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Schwarzwald posted:

*daintily floats down from the sky and folds up her unbrella*

"Miss me, motherfucker?"

Shame the chimmery man isn't Tom Cruise and it turns out Mary Poppin is another life they live in "Live, Dead, Repeat, Repeat".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MH Knights posted:

Macross Plus is pretty cool though.

Can we get Brian Crayston to reprise his role for the live action version?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Imagine the biggest change in the Spider-Man edit would probably cut out either the violent death of Norman and probably remove the scene of the people at the parade being turned into green skeletons. The later was always just so comical and out of place in the movie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Needs more elements of her Live, Die, Repeat character.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just hope the Duke Nukem movies ended with him becoming the Duke Nukem from Captain Planet.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Saddest Rhino posted:

do you feel like spiderman's brains should be made of popcorn and you can eat out of it? spiderman: h's merchandise has you covered

Finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

dirksteadfast posted:

"What? The Gods of Creation have brothers? These guys look strong, time to see if my training has paid off!"

Episode 154: Power! New challengers from the Mirrorverse? Secret Platinum Technique!

Oh they already met his twin from Future Trunk's timeline and bought him back to the present. And then Goku opened his mouth about a tournament so all the universes minus a few have to fight, with the losers being erased from existence. They already had one universe full of furries get erased after they tried to fight Goku and Frieza and failed.

• Locked thread