Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I still agree with Hbomberguy's video, but a movie based on a Liefeld character was the most successful comic book movie of 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Which one was that?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Star Wars doesn't even get a decent hand drawn poster and yet they sprung one for loving Monster Trucks.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Do you mean The Force Awakens or Rogue One? Because I thought The Force Awakens got the full Struzan treatment.

I was thinking the main poster for those movies. I've actually never seen the art posted above.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It was originally slated for release in May 2015 so it got held back nearly two years.

And here's the report on the test screening:

Once the 4k theatrical cut of Star Wars eventually comes out, this will be the new holy grail.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The aliens in Mars Attacks scared the crap out of me for years. Yet, I kept rewatching it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

kiimo posted:

My 15 year old brother worked in a theater when I was 4 or 5 and took me to see a special after-hours screening of Jaws.

I wouldn't go near waterbeds much less actual pools.

I remember in the 90s, seeing something on TV where sharks had infested a swimming pool, which freaked me out for a while. Can anyone recall what that might have been? I don't know if it was a tv show or a movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Which Chucky movie had a scene of Chucky as tall as a skyscraper? I remember seeing that on TV as a toddler and have at least a couple seconds of that burned into my mind. I was surprised to discover that the series is about a talking doll, and not a skyscraper sized freaky looking kid. Was that even a Chucky movie?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Barudak posted:

Thank god ill soon be able to watch new indiana jones sans harrison ford.

Boy have I got news for you!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

Are you sure that wasn't Honey, I Blew Up The Kid (1992, d.p. John Hora)?
It was around '91 or '92. Maybe I saw a commercial? I swear it was a horror movie.

Maybe that did freak me the hell out.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Same here, but for Unsolved Mysteries.

Unsolved Mysteries was freaky since it was true life. To what extent, no one will ever know. :iiam:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jack Kirby worked on Thundarr too. I always thought it was better than noted toy commercial, He-Man.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lobok posted:

Is that Carl Sagan, and is his name something appropriate to Flintstone's?

Professor Sargon.

Flintstones is darkly hilarious.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can't think of any good school movie screenings. Though in my High School cinema class, we watched Citizen Kane and then again with the commentary. That was pretty cool.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is Will Ferell's Manimal still happening?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Trailer wasn't bad, but things didn't go too well for the last movie trailer I saw that used that song in its trailer.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FCKGW posted:

I really like his posts before Breaking Bad

8/22/2007

Breaking Bad Greetings Everybody! I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico filming Breaking Bad, a television series that is going to show you a whole different side of me. How different? Let's just say I play a chemistry teacher down on his luck who spins out crystal meth to get by. Pretty d

1/11/2008

Breaking Bad Season Premiere The time has arrived for you to see a whole new side of me on my new show Breaking Bad. It premieres Sunday, January 20 on AMC 10pm/9 central and will air every Sunday at that time. I hope you can tune in for this exciting new show!

:3:

If only I could go back in time and tell him he'll end up going back to doing Power Rangers someday.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FishBulb posted:

I mean he already had

Right. But I'm talking, telling 2008 Bryan Cranston that he'll be returning to Power Rangers in 2017 without giving him any context.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Audacity is the perfect word for flash villains. The Flash has a villain named The Top. He spins. He spins so fast, that one time, he completely rearranged his DNA and became a different person. He has no superpowers or technology. He just spins.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hey John Depp, give me .0005% of your money. I'll do something really cool with it. Trust me.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'll take it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

precision posted:

Now they vape and it's somehow even worse than the 90s when, briefly, hackeysack was a thing that existed.

Eh, vaping doesn't smell nearly as bad as actual cigarettes.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 2, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hulk rules.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I loved Spy Hard. Haven't seen it in fifteen years so I can't say if it holds up or not, but it does have Andy Griffith as a double amputee Bond villain.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The MSJ posted:

One of the funniest thing about the first John Wick was dog lovers hating it.

Which is weird, because any dog owner would agree that Wick has an perfectly normal reaction to his dog's murder.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

porfiria posted:

John Wick is good but it does the incredibly tacky TV move of having the first scene be a flash forward to the very end of the movie. That's a total lack of faith in the audience.

The movie ain't perfect, but it's such a breath of fresh air. It'll be remembered as one of the defining action movies of the '10s.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

I liked the little buckings of cliches, like how you're expecting Leguizamo's character to die, but then the mob boss finds out what his son did, and is like 'oh, okay.' and hangs up, like, fair enough.

This was the exact scene where I realized I was watching something special.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

K. Waste posted:

It's kind of funny how you can plot an entire Highlander remake just with Queen song titles.

My ideal remake begins in Galilee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0J_kuTib1w

The first Queen couple Queen albums are super underrated, and if I can recall correctly, based on a fantasy land Mercury had created. The Mercury name came from the song My Fairy Queen. I'm betting that it could have made an awesome movie in its own right if he were still alive today.

Brian May's '39 is the plot of Interstellar.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

100% guaranteed that at least the teaser will have a slow piano cover of Princes of the Universe.

There's already the track Forever, which is a slow piano version of Who Wants To Live Forever.

Goddamn, A Kind Of Magic is a mostly great album.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I always imagined the Queen fantasy movie would have been a Henson production.

I wonder what movies they would have scored had Freddie not died.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

It's been a long time, so I may have hallucinated this, but in the show wasn't there a retarded highlander who laid on railroad tracks so that a train decapitated him?

Yeah... It was a Of Mice and Men situation.

The show was pretty good for explorijg a lot of practical aspects of immortality, as well as those crazy "what if" Highlander rules.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Coming out in the crowded summer months probably didn't help it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

How old is the Bruce Wayne in the series at this point?

He's about 15 right now.

Gotham is good. It had a rocky start, but once the show figures out what to do with Barbara, it all clicked together. It's very much a modern version of the '66 Batman show.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

The only actor they brought back was BD Wong and they went and made him a dick on top of that.

He was a dick, but twenty years older, and also not wrong.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Godzilla and King Kong will fight, but stop once they realize they need to work together to stop The Joker.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They really should just make Hitman a TV show in the vein of that Golgo 13 anime series from a few years back.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Golgo 13 the 2000s anime is pretty fun. It's somewhat like an assassin Columbo, where he's given an impossible mission or some crazy complicated contract and he has to find a way to complete it.

He usually drops a gun off to be modified by his weapons guy and runs off to find someone to gently caress in the hour or two he has.

There's one contract where he has to snipe a billionaire on his bulletproof floating hedonism fortress and iirc Golgo bounces a bullet off of a wave to get the right angle.

I love that episode. It's so impossibly bullshit, but Togo always gets the job done. The episode where a bullet shell accidentally falls off a building was also real good. Duke never loses his cool.

A Hitman show should follow that formula. Ideally, he'd rarely be the focus of the story.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If it does well, they should do a sequel. Doctor Doolittle Goes to the Island of Doctor Moreau.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was listening to a yacht-rock playlist going on youtube and I Ambrosia's (I think that was the band?) You Can Do Magic" came up. The video itself was a slideshow of model shots of Ema Watson. It was pretty creepy. Good song though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That cartoon was weird. They went and moved into a farm, but still worked for Cruella? I haven't seen it since it aired.

• Locked thread