Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I lost count of how many of these I've lurked through but it's too many to stop now. Last movie of 2016 was Die Hard because I've been too sick/lazy to go out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Watching democrats mourn Chelsea Manning being pardoned is just pumping hate through my entire body.

Wait are people mad she is being pardoned? Post election is even more confusing than the election cycle was.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

SimonCat posted:

The sex scene in Three Days of the Condor is really out of no where. Robert Redford kidnaps a girl, tells her a crazy story about the CIA and she just goes for it. Maybe it was to distract him? Doesn't seem like it.

Yeah that poo poo weirded me out too when I first saw that movie a couple years back. Pretty good movie aside from that.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Imagine not just bookmarking this thread and then using it to get to the rest of CineD :v:

At least the new subforum got moved. It didn't make sense here.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

No but there were just as many seasons without Muslim villains as there were with them if I remember correctly.

They also usually introduced some "bigger" villain who is really behind everything around 12 to 15 episodes in.

It's a pretty low bar to say such a dubiously political show like 24 doesn't always have Muslim villains but it is what it is. From the sounds of this review I'm reading though they still have the old flaws of the show so it might be a hard pass for me without Kiefer and co.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Feb 6, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

corn in the bible posted:

It probably will be

That was actually part of the plot of season 2.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

X-Ray Pecs posted:

What shows are people looking forward to? I got a Power Trip/Iron Reagan bill coming up in March, and possibly Morbid Angel in June and Iron Maiden in July.

I had plans to see Cherry Glazerr last month but didn't go because I didn't feel well enough to drive to and from work, let alone go to a show. I thought about going to see Dinosaur Jr. later this year but decided not to after I couldn't get floor tickets and would have to buy an assigned seat.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm the one in the pantsuit with the guitar.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Put Green Room in there

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

All this George W talk reminds me of one of my favourite Onion bits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0mS5I-j_Gc

Liberals stumping for him is totally baffling, though that tone-deafness is not really a surprise given the election outcome and Democrats' general inability for self-reflection.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Another problem is the wildly incestuous relationship between video game journalists and developers/publishers. Basically don't pay attention to any game coverage that isn't Car Boys, Monster Factory, or Touch the Skyrim.

Giant Bomb ain't on that list, that list is poo poo. :colbert:

Get Out isn't showing anywhere near me, and the farther away places aren't convenient to get to. I ended up spening the week marathoning True Detective (rewatching season 1 and a fresh watch of season 2). Season 2 apes so much from Ellroy and other very similar media, but I'm not even mad. More just disappointed because it clearly needed longer time to develop. I still liked it but I'd hate to have been watching it week to week.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Death By The Blues posted:

Their coffee doesn't even work. Usually take mine black and that sounds disgusting. On the topic of sandwiches, theirs sucks.

I feel like I should defend the place I work at but I won't, it's overpriced at its best. I honestly don't know how some people stand to come every day.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Like I think the one I work at is one of the better ones because the managers and store owner are there constantly to crack the whip on us, but I work the day shift and Snak's post about the night shift definitely resonates.

But I've been to other stores and they gently caress up the coffee and food all the time. So on one hand I hate the rude as gently caress customers who treat us like poo poo but also I guess it's deserved because the employees usually don't care.

I've been there way too long (the plan was to work there long enough to pay off my student loans but they've been paid off for a year now :shepicide:)

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah. Even after all this time, it can be amazing how rude folks can be over coffee. I've been called a motherfucker several times for not having decaffeinated coffee available, and one time a lady got into a shouting match over it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Please don't watch this movie it is bad

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

SWAT 4 is great. The best part is playing it in co-op and using the taser on your teammates.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Stop this ride I want to get off.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Franchescanado posted:

I just went through Edgar Wright's 1000 Favorite Movies and even though I've seen 276 of them, it just made me feel like I haven't watched anything.

Only 162. I have not watched a lot of movies.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I don't think I've reacted so badly to a movie ending like I did to Alien: Covenant. I think not since The Mist.

Good movie though, but ugh.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

CelticPredator posted:

Just like David more, and it'll work better.

I give Fassbender a lot of credit for making him so charismatic and hateable.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Knew what this was before I clicked it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Saw a public screening of Hard Boiled over the weekend and then watched Atomic Blonde on Friday. A Good Week.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

business hammocks posted:

Is it selfish that my first thought was "maybe now we'll get to see The Day the Clown Cried"?

This is the first thing I thought of as well

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

METZ is dope.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Skwirl posted:

Point me towards the great rock music of the last quarter century, all the great new music I've heard in the last 25 years has belonged to other genres.

Sleater-Kinney

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I think you'll find MGS3 is the best because you can fight a bee man who uses a gun, made of bees. Also you can throw bees at soldiers.

MGS5 is pretty good though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Guys I'm really bummed that Tom Petty is dead. :(

My friends want to drag me out to see It, but I wonder if I can talk them into seeing Blade Runner 2049. I can do both but I've been extremely bad about watching movies lately.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I know some of y'all are fans. Screaming Females just announced a new album (this is like, a really good week for things I'm into) and I'd like for us to not die in nuclear war before we get that album.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Not Interesting.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Talking about Mr Burns episodes and none of y'all mention the one where he goes bankrupt. Watch that one. "The Old Man and the Lisa."

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I haven't seen Repo Man :saddowns: I love Paris, Texas though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Detective No. 27 posted:

I like Die Hard, but I'm not crazy for it the way most folks are.

Conversely I will watch Die Hard every Christmas. I used to include Die Hard 2 but I haven't for several years now.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Happy belated Hundu!

Dropping by to say Repo Man is extremely my poo poo. Why had I not seen this movie sooner?????

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Did a double feature with Three Billboards and Lady Bird. Both were fantastic. Get out of here with that Three Billboards hate. :colbert:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Watched the Disaster Artist and came home to news that Roy Moore lost. A good evening.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Merry Christmas CineD I just wanted to post this somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V010tmcEoAA

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Got my rear end out in -30 weather to go see The Shape of Water. It's drat good, and I think it edges out Lady Bird as my # 1 of the year. The theatre collectively let out an audible gasp when they hosed and then she talked about how big he was.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Season 1 is pretty drat good. I'm not entirely caught up on 2 yet but it feels like they squandered the larger episode order with some meandering storylines...

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Don't sleep on the new Screaming Females. poo poo is dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rWuJ3eD6Qc

spoilers I guess

• Locked thread