Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Is Shiek (Emir?) Musa a Jizrunid, or just from a random dynasty? He could be a problem in the future

He's a vassal. They're all problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Affi posted:

Can we hand him a bride so he joins our dynasty?

Unfortunately, Muslims can't matrilineally marry.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

HannibalBarca posted:

was the HRE capital in Paris or am I just seeing things

You're right, it's there.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

You've got some broken italics tags.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Are you going to use the Mandate of Heaven stuff for EU4?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A
B
B
C
B

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Voting forThe League of Merchants. Buy gold!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Whit27 posted:

I, Whit27, propose that we strengthen our grip on the Sevillan trade node. One merchant should collect trade there with the other transferring trade power from incoming nodes. We should build marketplaces in our Sevillan trade centers and send a heavy or two to hunt pirates in the Sevilla trade node to guard against the barbary pirates.

I, Technowolf of the Mechant's Guild, do hereby support this measure.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Soup du Jour posted:

I, Muhammad al-Soup of the League of Merchants, propose that we guarantee the independence of Palermo. We cannot allow our access to the wealth of Siqulia be destroyed by Italy! Placing our protection over them is key to keeping our access to the trading ports in the Eastern Mediterranean open. That we cannot protect all the emirs in that region is regrettable, but this will allow us more diplomatic flexibility.

I, Technowolf, support this.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I remain with the League of Merchants.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TildeATH posted:

Quiet you, with your superstitious ways!

I propose we Explore and colonize these new islands Allah has delivered to us and continue to explore West of these islands to find a route to our Muslim brothers in China!

I support this motion. Let us bring the light of Islam to all the islands of the Atlantic, no matter how big they are.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

I, Crazycrodude of the League of Merchants, propose the Make Al-Andalus avante-Garde Again Policy.

This policy stipulates that we minimize our piety, enlist the aid of the Dhimmi, and take any other methods to reduce our tech cost that the Sultan deems within reason, so that we may always stay on at least the same tech level as our neighbors. Unless the nation is in crisis and needs the resources elsewhere, every effort should be made to become a world leader and maintain a higher level of tech than any neighbor, especially a Military edge over France.

I support this.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Archaeology Hat posted:

I will remain with the merchants. There seems to be no reason to fix what worked so well so far.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony* there.

*Based on what WilliamAnderson said, this means a Colonial Nation. (Thanks!)

(No idea how this actually works in game, lemme know if this is nonsense or dumb game mechanics wise pls :v: )

I support this motion.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Bot 02 posted:

I propose The Trade Optimization and State Revenue Act, which entails that the administration of the provinces of Lixbuna and Isbiliya (Lisbon and Seville) should be handed over to the Burgher estate. This will greatly increase our trade power in the Seville trade node and allow us to collect a larger portion of the money flowing in from the rest of the world.

I support this.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Switch to the Taifas.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

paragon1 posted:

I want to propose that we build a bunch of Regimental Camps and Barracks for the New Taifas' second policy, but I'm not sure where to suggest they be built/where they've already been built. Thoughts?

Also is there a limit to how many things can be built in a province?

I second this.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

paragon1 posted:

lol

Once again, I propose The Army Expansion Act, that we construct barracks and regimental camps in many provinces so as to increase the troops available to the army.

I support this. Again.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Uhhh...

I'm going to switch back to the Merchants before the New Taifas get everyone killed.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Soup du Jour posted:

We have established a strong presence in the Caribbean, and it is time to look beyond. Al-Andalus's future lies in the great rivers of the New World! I propose the Riverine Colonization Act, mandating that we establish colonial nations around the two great rivers of the New World, with priority given to the Northern River as we have no outpost there. He who controls the rivers, controls trade. (basically create colonial nations around the Mississippi and Amazon, starting with the Misssissippi.)

I support this measure.

(OOC: As someone who lives in Mississippi, becoming a Hispanic Muslim colony would be too good for the rednecks here.)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I propose the Father of Rivers Act. We should make a self-sufficient colony (a colonial nation) in the Mississippi/Louisiana region (I forget what the colony region is called), declaring war on the native nations as needed to do so.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hashim posted:

Four of the five colonies needed to establish a Louisiana colonial nation are already self-sustaining, so if paragon's proposal passes, I'll just finish up the fifth and then change the focus.

Okay then. I rescind my proposal and support:

paragon1 posted:

I propose the We Need Tequila Now Act Establish 5 colonies on the mainland of Mexico.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

WilliamAnderson posted:

I propose the Strengthen The New World Trade Act. The Sultan is directed to get each of our colonial nations up to ten provinces by any means necessary for the extra merchants.

I support this.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dance Officer posted:

League brothers of the Majlis, Europe has been set on fire but it remains to be seen if this will be like a candle or if the land will truly burn. This is an excellent time for us to have our Muqtas take over Moroccan colonies, by force.

I, rabb al-ustul altijarrah of the league, propose we fight a colonial war against Morocco

I second this proposal.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Can we support more than one proposal? 'Cause if so I would also like to support:

paragon1 posted:

I propose the We Must Protect Our Tequila Act. The Navy must be brought up to a strength capable of defeating any European power and/or Morocco at sea.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hashim posted:

Nah, one vote for each person with a seat on the Majlis.

Then I withdraw my support rabb al-ustul altijarrah's colonial war and support the We Must Protect Our Tequila Act instead.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rodyle posted:

It's Time.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Alright, to business then. I think our strategy of creating package bills has been serving us pretty well.

Concurring with Soup, I think Aragorn should be our first priority.

Sevila I Do Like It

1. Terminate Aragorn immediately, should our mercenary forces be deemed sufficient for doing so and they not be protected by no higher power.
2. Cease all military action until our debts are paid off and our forces be restored to at least 75%.
3. Once our warmaking powers are restored, strike at the Moroccans, aiming primarily to take the Seville and Qharibya trade nodes. If the Sultan sees an additional alliance as needed for this operation, he is given mandate to pursue such.
4. When our truce expires, presuming we are not at war with Morocco and they are unprotected, terminate Castille.
5.. Maintain military research and construction as deemed appropriate by the Sultan.

Taifas, any proposed amendments?

Seconding this, along with any amendments.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Colonial Loyalty Act: Ensure by whatever means the game makes available that our colonies aren't going to suddenly declare independence should the wind change briefly. I'm assuming this doesn't count as "further colonization."

If the coalition with the Loyalists works out I'll rescind this.

This usually means developing their provinces, building buildings for them, and keeping tariffs low.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rodyle posted:

gently caress Em, They're French

1) THOU ART THEE STICK OUR BOYS IN THE PYRENEES DO IT DO IT DO IT
2) All spending, research, and building rights granted to fulfil point 1

e: Amendments always welcome!

Seconding this.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

These are glorious days for Al-Andalus, but they could be improved, no? Castille's continued existence is a national embarrassment, one that must be corrected, so I propose Annex Castille Act. It is self-explanatory.

Seconding

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rodyle posted:

The Southern Design

1. Extinguish Castille the moment the truce expires, providing they don't suddenly acquire French protection again.
2. Once our internal borders are thus secure, begin spreading money and influence around to acquire allies against Morocco both in Africa and in the West.
3. Once a sufficient force of allies and our own troops have been built up, cross the straits with intent to seize Tangiers as other territory along the straits.
4. Secondary to the aforementioned territory, seize Moroccan colonies and force them to turn over territory to our allies and vassals.
5. Do not engage if France will join the conflict. Take whatever actions are needed to break up this alliance.

Backing

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rubix Squid posted:

I am with the Merchants!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Proposing the Bazaar of the Bizarre act: Build trade depots and/or marketplaces in the provinces with our most valuable trade goods.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I stand with The Majlis!

Well, sit really. Counting all this money that I got from all the Trading Posts I had built upon land I own gets really tiring, don't'cha know.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B. Peace in our time!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

A populist faction of sorts?

:helladid:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Staying Merchant so we can hopefully get solvent faster after the war.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I propose the It's the economy, stupid! act. The sultan is to chose Economic as our next idea group and try to get to the idea that gives a permanent -.10 inflation reduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

everydayfalls posted:

So what happened in the battle of the straight? Did they just have better ships, where you rng hosed, or what. I admit it has been a couple of years since I played eu4 but usually double the big ships means a solid win.

It may have been Naval Combat Width loving Hashim over.