Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Dammit Musa, I thought you were cool. :saddowns: So who is this Hakam guy and how did he get the throne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
B
B
A
C
A

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

New Taifas until we secure the peninsula.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Qasim al-Cyrahzax of the glorious and unopposable Taifas, propose that we focus our efforts in annexation on the three westernmost Christian kingdoms of Iberia: Portugal, Galicia and Leon.

These realms are the weakest of our neighbors and the most vulnerable to direct military force: we must crush them before greater Christian kingdoms, France especially, decide to interfere with them. Every Christian king in Iberia is threat and a wild card- it's intolerable!

I, Sheikha Rabab al-Majnun, support Emir al-Cyrahzax's proposal. The Christian kingdoms are a pack of dogs that have always nipped at the heels of glorious Andalusia. Let the light of Islam spread to the whole peninsula!

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Does that mean that people can only vote on the policies proposed by their faction?

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Rubix Squid posted:

I, Sheikha Hibbar Rubik of the League of Merchants, wish to support the proposal of Dansar rabb al'ustul alttijari. My reasoning is that by strengthening our trade we better the economy of the realm so that the New Taifas and the Ulama have the needed funds to undertake their own projects. I humbly request that everyone who supported my proposal to consider supporting this proposal as it benefits us all.

I, Sheikha Rabab al-Majnun, support this proposal, though it comes from a merchant of common blood. We cannot make war or peace with empty coffers. Dominating the regional economy is the first step in spreading Pax Andalusia as-Salaam al-Andalusi.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

I, Sheikha Rabab al-Majnun, throw my support behind Lutfi al-Uthman's proposal to keep our alliance with the Celts, and further propose that we ally ourselves with any other enemies of France, regardless of their faith. Believe me, I understand the kneejerk reaction to an alliance with Christians after so much Andalusi blood has been shed driving them from our rightful lands. But the followers of Isa are still People of the Book, and unlike the filthy conquistadors infesting the north, the Celts have never threatened Andalusi territory. The Ulama would do well to recall that Islam cannot thrive without a secure land for the faithful. We must build an alliance against the Frankish hordes. If we must grit our teeth to fight alongside Christians, then so be it!

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I agree with the sentiment here, but we must go further:

I, Ismail al-Cyrahzax, propose that we use the wealth that will surely be coming to us on a comprehensive program of military expansion and reform. We should build a barracks in the capital and in other population centers if possible, while also expanding the size of the standing army, recruiting better officers to lead it, drastically increasing our research into military technology, and maintaining a minimum amount of wealth for hiring auxiliary forces in times of crisis.

I, Sheikha Rabab al-Majnun, support this proposal.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Hashim, can we get a tech map? I want to see our tech vs. the Christians before choosing a side.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Switching to Merchants..

It looks like our new Sultan has military matters well in hand. We need cooler heads in the Majlis.

And it seems pretty obvious that we need to accept the dhimmi as a core culture. Tolerance Wolf Calligraphy will be revived!

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Edit: poo poo, I forgot that I switched parties. Never mind, please don't send me to the Oubliette! I'll post an actual vote later.

Viola the Mad fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 19, 2017

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony* there.

I, Sheikha Saz bint Rabab al-Majnun, having taken my family in a different direction since my mother's death, support this policy.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

I, Sheikha Rabab bint Rabab al-Majnun, propose the Western Muslim Brotherhood Act: Let us try to mend relations with the Almorovids as much as possible. Our mighty victories have cost us huge amounts of money (oh, and people I guess), and the last thing we need is another expensive war. If we must go to war, it should be with the vulnerable Christians, or even with this so-called caliphate in the East that dares to demand our allegiance. We have centuries of friendship with Morocco--we should not throw that away after one king made a foolish decision.

In addition to my faction members, I encourage other factions, especially the Ulema, to support this act in a coalition vote.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Hashim, I didn't have a chance to declare my party earlier. Is it too late for me?

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Sheika Rabab bint Rabab al-Majnun declares support for the Taifas and

Mountaineer posted:

I propose we secure an alliance with Mali. They might be willing to help attack Morocco, so I think it's worth pursuing. While they are unlikely to be much help in any of our other wars, it can't hurt to broaden our alliance network.

Supports this motion, with the addendum that we should also pursue alliances with any other nation that might threaten Moroccan holdings. This includes the native powers of Gharbia.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

These are glorious days for Al-Andalus, but they could be improved, no? Castille's continued existence is a national embarrassment, one that must be corrected, so I propose Annex Castille Act. It is self-explanatory.

I, Sheika Rabab bint Rabab al-Majnun, support this act.

On a different note, what do folks think about eventually allying with New England? They're not a priority now, but they might be a useful ally against Celtic expansion in the future.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
B. I stand with the Majlis.. While the Majlis hasn't always made the wisest of decisions, giving absolute power to this madman would be, well, madness.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Well.

That was quite a shitshow.

B.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

I, Rabab bint Rabab al-Majnun, declare my support for the Taifas, and vote for the Building Bridges Act. Alliances, alliances, alliances! We can't win the war against France or Morocco without more alliances!

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring as Rabab al-Majnuna, if it's not too late.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
My god, the future looks beautiful, in the worst way possible.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
A and A.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Morderates, the only sensible choice in the lot.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Imperialists.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Moderates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
So is Andalusia communist now?