Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

What mods are you using, just the modern version of CK2+?

Also, there is a discord full of people who run/read Paradox LPs if you're interested. It can be useful for finding people to help with the conversion process, though that is a ways off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hashim posted:

Yeah, that's the only actual mod, but I have played around with base CK2 a fair bit. I've just messed around with opinion modifiers and traits, but based on my experience, it makes it a bit harder for the AI to keep a massive realm together, which is the point. I might also write a few event chains later on, if I feel the narrative is lacking or the game gets a bit boring.

That actually sounds pretty cool, but yeah, there's still quite a while before converting.

Have you checked out the Fitna Fracture mod? Ofaloaf started to use it later on in the Goth LP.

Also, I PMed you a link for the discord server.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

It's too bad he isn't the Caliph, otherwise a Jihad for Palestine would be a snap.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Excellent, excellent.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Which merchant republics survived to the end game? Did anything like the Hansa show up at all? Genoa clearly failed. Any places where the Polish elective monarchy might fit, or the English Parliament govtype? Also, any places going to be monastic orders?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I would like to join the merchants.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Actually, that raises an important question. Perhaps I missed it in Grand Vizier Hashim's writeups, but I did not see any mention of how the ruling faction changes. Do we, as Wali al-Anderson has attempted, simply defect at a whim between updates? Or will the Grand Vizier call for a formal realignment at regular intervals?

I had not yet joined a faction, thanks. I know I probably can't vote yet.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Dance Officer posted:

I, Dansar rabb al'ustul alttijari of the League of Merchants, propose that we build a marketplace in Lisboa, in order to strengthen our grasp on the trade flowing into Iberia!

I support this.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

French dogs! They will pay for these humiliations when we drive their puppets beyond the Pyrenees, but there are others we should be blaming for this disaster: the League of Merchants and the Ulama! They waste Al-Andalus's time and resources with vanity projects when they should have been supporting our army! What use are marketplaces and mayors that only know how drone on about Allah compared to bigger and better army?

Look Your Lordship. Your men failed. You lost to the French infidels, partly because we didn't have the money to field larger armies, armies of mercenaries so that our own citizens wouldn't have to die for a squabble between the Christ followers. Money is the source to power, and unless we get more money, we will fail to continue to beat them back.

To that end, I remain with the League of Merchants.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Soup du Jour posted:

I remain with the League of Merchants. This war has proven more than ever the importance of the navy! A stronger, bigger navy would have prevented the French from ever setting foot on our shores. Only the League of Merchants can provide the safety Al-Andalus needs!

I'm with you friend, but that's not actually true. I assume they got military access through Aragon.

Edit: Also, a question to the Sultan, can we get information about the current development of our gold mine? Would be useful for a proposal I am considering.

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 10, 2017

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hashim posted:

It's 9 development, a 3/3/3.

If anyone needs to know something in-game for a specific proposal, just say so.

Given this, I propose that we develop the production on our gold mine up to 10, with the other development increases split equally.

Gold rules the world after all.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

And Aragon doesn't hate us...?

Enemy of enemy. We beat up Castille, they don't like us, but they appreciate us not fighting them.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

the JJ posted:

The "we won the electoral vote by YUGE amounts" proposal

As a merchant I propose we not ditch an important friend in the struggle with France.

Just because the Ulema are getting all puritanical doesn't mean we should randomly abandon an important ally at a time when the French threat looms large.

Please don't waste our second action on a nullification.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Captain Oblivious posted:

That presumes there is an action more useful for our second policy than combating the Ulema's madness. I say there is not.

The GOLD MINE.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Snipee posted:

I felt the same way when I was reading the Crete LP, and I just made a habit of checking the front page for the links straight to the update.

You could always only read the posts by Hashim if you hate parliamentary stuff that much.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Crazycryodude posted:

I, Crazycrodude of the League of Merchants, propose the Make Al-Andalus avante-Garde Again Policy.

This policy stipulates that we minimize our piety, enlist the aid of the Dhimmi, and take any other methods to reduce our tech cost that the Sultan deems within reason, so that we may always stay on at least the same tech level as our neighbors. Unless the nation is in crisis and needs the resources elsewhere, every effort should be made to become a world leader and maintain a higher level of tech than any neighbor, especially a Military edge over France.

Supporting this.

Also, goddamnit Morocco and Celts, loving help us!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Things are looking up for Al-Andalus! Though, oh crap, since we're allied to Aragon Colonialism will spread to them. Still, this gives us a golden opportunity to catch up on tech.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Staying with the Merchants because greed is good.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I propose that we Build Workshops in all provinces that will earn us 0.15 or more ducats per month.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony there.

(No idea how this actually works in game, lemme know if this is nonsense or dumb game mechanics wise pls :v: )

This is reasonable, colonial nations spawn when you have five completed colonies in a colonial region.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Bot 02 posted:

I propose The Trade Optimization and State Revenue Act, which entails that the administration of the provinces of Lixbuna and Isbiliya (Lisbon and Seville) should be handed over to the Burgher estate. This will greatly increase our trade power in the Seville trade node and allow us to collect a larger portion of the money flowing in from the rest of the world.

Supporting this.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I am still a proud merchant.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Yvonmukluk posted:

So, has accepting those cultures meant that we can expect no further separatist revolts in those areas, or do we need to turn those captured territories into cores as well?

Any provinces that were sieged by the rebels get ten more years of separatism. This increases unrest. The accepted cultures definitely reduces unrest however. They're still wrong religion, so that's a bit of unrest too. Without the numbers it's a bit hard to tell.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Talas posted:

Proposing the Northern Colonization Effort: Our islands are a good stepping stone to change the colonization focus to the greater lands in the north. The south of the continent is too sparsely inhabited for Islam to really take root... and for people to buy our stuff. And all that with the added bonus of eventually blocking the Celts or any other European power.

Some virgin lands or florid shores await us!

I oppose this course of action. The way the trade winds flow makes it much easier for trade to come into the Seville trade node.

Instead I propose the Southern Colonization Effort. We must colonize the southern continent and divert the trade back to Al-Andalus.

is the trade map, as you can see the only good part of North America is west of the Mississippi. Florida and the Thirteen Colonies are garbage for us and instead deliver trade to the bastards in France and the Celtic Isles.

edit: used an old trade map, what I said is still true though

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 1, 2017

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

GunnerJ posted:

drat, we merchants lose power once and we're already splitting into factions over three different contradictory colonization proposals.

The first one doesn't even direct colonization. Also, it's all about the cash from trade, the land is secondary. There is no money for us in the north.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Naval Reconstitution Act: Bring our navy back up to its former strength as soon as possible, then expand it as feasible until it can beat France's navy.

Supporting this, especially if it gives up new trade ships.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Snipee posted:

I can't believe that we decided to go to war with France (again) after denying ourselves the alliance with Morocco and flinging an insult back at those traitors for good measure. What a total waste. I didn't even want colonies at first, but now I am annoyed that we do not have total control over the Caribbean. Borders!

Seriously, the Christians have a bunch of AE with us, and Morocco comparatively has none. We and Tunis could eat them up.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Staying with the Merchants

Also, to his esteemed majesty the Sultan, is it possible for there to be a special vote for which side of the League Wars we should join or will that have to be part of legislation?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Soup du Jour posted:

We have established a strong presence in the Caribbean, and it is time to look beyond. Al-Andalus's future lies in the great rivers of the New World! I propose the Riverine Colonization Act, mandating that we establish colonial nations around the two great rivers of the New World, with priority given to the Northern River as we have no outpost there. He who controls the rivers, controls trade. (basically create colonial nations around the Mississippi and Amazon, starting with the Misssissippi.)

Do I have to post the trade map again? Seriously?

Mexico and Central America are much better for us, especially if we control all of the Caribbean. Mississippi is nice, but our priority should be the gold in Central America.

Mikl posted:

Esteemed colleagues, I will keep this short. Other nations are making advances in al-Qaribiya, and this is unacceptable. We settled that island chain first, so it is rightfully ours.

I know some of you might object that we have enough troubles at home to worry about someplace so far away, but while Iberia is where the heart is, the colonies are made of gold.

Therefore, I propose the Those Fxxxers - Our poo poo Act: take Taghzir from the Almoravids, by all means necessary.

Maximizing our control of the Caribbean is paramount for maximizing our income. I support this motion.

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 9, 2017

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Mountaineer posted:

Allying Morocco would have likely prevented them from allying France so we wouldn't have to worry about getting sandwiched between the two.

At any rate, are we not happy with this development? Morocco is our enemy just like we wanted. Hooray!

Yes, I mean France should hopefully be tied up in the League Wars so this is fine.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I propose the Strengthen The New World Trade Act. The Sultan is directed to get each of our colonial nations up to ten provinces by any means necessary for the extra merchants.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The Protestant League doesn't look like it's going to last very long.

The question is if we can stab Morocco while France is distracted.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Who are France's current allies and will they join in right now?

edit: this would also be a great time to steal their colonies.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hashim posted:

This is what it looks like if we declared right now:

Oh, also I should add that I just unlocked the fourth idea group, but held off on picking it for now. If you want something specific, now's the time.

What were the first three again? Exploration, Religious and what else?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Staying with the Merchants!

This is the time! We can seize the rebellious Moroccan colonies to significantly expand our New World presence!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

paragon1 posted:

Proposing the It Was Just Laying Around Act: Conquer the colonies that have rebelled from Morocco.

I sponsor this.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

This session reminded me of the good old days of Hohenzollern LP. Bad decisions all around!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

B, The Majils

The Constitutional Republic of Andalus is a dream worth dying for.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I voted for war with Morocco's colonies, going against the Celts was dumb. And we let the colonies slip through our fingers. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

B We still have time to become the Muslim England of this timeline, we have the birthplace of factories, we go for a constitutional monarch, we just had our terrible English Civil War, there is a way out still.