Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
I haven't played much CKII, so I don't know how bad the black plague event is. Is it likely to be a minor diversion or an existential threat to Al-Andalus? Can we expect to see major geopolitical upheavals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Picard Day posted:

Despite being locked in for five years and starting with like 40 christians in my dungeon I never even got a food shortage pop up and all my emergency snacks died of the plague. Stupid Regency meant the council wouldn't even let me execute them for fun :( (Also had to kill a shitload of peasants overall through the thing, you ignorant fuckers stay away from my pet cat!)

From the point of view of someone who hasn't experienced the black plague in CKII, this seems like the rantings of a madman. :v:

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Snipee posted:

We are setting ourselves up to be the greatest colonial power of this timeline considering our current power and geography. I'm going to preemptively urge for staying in the old world. Maybe invade Italy and make the Mediterranean a wholly Muslim lake or something if we need to let out our aggression out.

I would argue the complete opposite of this. Colonization is a great way to scratch the blobbing itch without actually blobbing and becoming way too powerful, and the eventual colonial wars of independence are going to be both interesting and serve as a natural way to limit our power.

Besides, Muslim America.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

I am joining the League of Merchants.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

the JJ posted:

The "we won the electoral vote by YUGE amounts" proposal

As a merchant I propose we not ditch an important friend in the struggle with France.

Just because the Ulema are getting all puritanical doesn't mean we should randomly abandon an important ally at a time when the French threat looms large.

Can I support this? I want to support this.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

WilliamAnderson posted:

Please don't waste our second action on a nullification.

"Wasting" a policy is a small price I'd gladly pay if it means we can stop the Ulema's monumentally stupid decision to end our alliance with the Celts. This alliance is perhaps the only thing keeping France in check, and there's no profit to be had in being invaded, pillaged, and occupied.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Deceitful Penguin posted:

In that case I vote to end voting and going back to absolutism please for quicker updates

This is foolish and dangerous thinking! The current sultan is a capable ruler well suited for governing, but there may come a time when that is not the case and a would-be tyrant ends up on the throne. If that happens, you'll regret having signed away all your powers and it'll be the oubliette faction for all of us!

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Oh by the way, could we get a screenshot of the estates map-mode? I'm curious as to who owns which provinces.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Sorry to bring this up again, but I think it might have gotten lost in the debate about voting and participation; would it be possible to get a screenshot of the estates map-mode? I have some ideas for policies I might want to propose next session.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Hashim posted:

Sure, here you go:

Red is the Amirs, yellow the Ulema, and blue the Merchants.

Thanks. I see that the merchants control none of the centers of trade or river estuaries in the country, so I suggest to my fellow merchants that we should seek to remedy this during the next session as it will allow us to greatly increase the state's trade income, which in turn will help fund our colonial ventures and inevitable wars with France.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Remaining with the merchants.

There will come a time when we need to convert those Christian provinces we've acquired, but for now the merchants are still doing good work.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Wait, colonization is off the table if the merchants lose their majority? That's bad, if we don't manage to claim the Caribbean before someone else, we're going to lose out on a gigantic source of trade income as it is basically the funnel that sends all the wealth in the Americas directly to Seville.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony* there.

*Based on what WilliamAnderson said, this means a Colonial Nation. (Thanks!)

I support this act!

This will go a long way in financing our inevitable wars with the Christians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

I propose The Trade Optimization and State Revenue Act, which entails that the administration of the provinces of Lixbuna and Isbiliya (Lisbon and Seville) should be handed over to the Burgher estate. This will greatly increase our trade power in the Seville trade node and allow us to collect a larger portion of the money flowing in from the rest of the world.