Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This LP is off to a GREAT start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Drone posted:

The Child of Satan event chain is just so much goddamn fun though. My first and most notable time getting it, I was the King of Scotland and Ireland, and the event fired on my youngest daughter. While still less than 8 years old, she murdered all of my other heirs (including an adult son), and then I passed away of old age conveniently as England went into a civil war. The new Hellqueen of Scotland-Ireland declared war immediately, aided by an army led by our three witches, and established a dark Britannic Empire to surely last a thousand years.

I ended the game when she hit age 99 and was still healthy, because nothing will ever top that. In my headcanon she reigns to this day as dread queen of all.

Please tell me her patronym was Macbeth.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

Dang, does Satan really give you Wolverine-like regeneration abilities? Awesome.

I know I'd worship him!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sad trombone.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

theblastizard posted:

This family has really bad luck with their legs.

Well, its obvious that anyone becoming the ruler of this area needs a leg up. Being a leader can cost you an arm and a leg!

Yeah, I got nothing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

algebra testes posted:

Yeah. Hopefully the ruler traits in EU4 give enough "material" to keep Role Playing like this going.

Either that, or the will of the estates (us).

Excuse me, but a person with an avatar like yours would never be an estate holder in Andalus.

In the U.K., that's a different story...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh Heavens, I do hope that the tradition of amputations doesn't stick to THIS area...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hmm. I am curious what records there were in the Islamic world about the Black Death; it just seems very... odd to have the Danse Macabre used to represent it in all settings.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ah, ibn Battutu. I read a translation of his travels, and he was a twat. He was as credulous as Marco Polo as well as a blatant anti-Semite and womaniser who married and divorced many times throughout​ Indonesia.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh as if your ancestors didn't spend a generation dabbling in the dark arts every century or two.

Some of mine were literal Blackshirts.

:smith:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Muslim America has been done, tbh.

I really hope that he's running the best DLC and it will be a struggle to just get any land for colonization~

When was it done? Is there a link?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Btw, is there a flag template one can use to create potential choices?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

sheep-dodger posted:

Read ByzLP, it has the Haida and Ayiti as Great Powers throughout the entire LP.

Do this in any case for it being a great LP.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The Merchants! Let's show these vile Christians that one can become the true rulers of Europe, and without compound interest, either!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dangit, I was gonna propose American exploitation, but with emphasis on increasing taxation with silver depreciation. Oh well

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

'Mon the Celts!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I back Soup's policy, I also propose opening diplomatic communiqués with the Celtic Empire; they could be a useful proxy hindrance to France.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I believe if we expand westward, we can find a shorter route to China and it's valuable tea resources! As a representative of the Al-Andalus Tujjar Alshshay (if Google translate hasn't failed me), I support the Merchants.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I, Samwyiyl al-Samivyr, head representative of the Al-Andalus Tujjar Alshshay, propose Western Expansion! We will find the passage to China by hook or by crook!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Luhood posted:

I, Lutfi al-Uthman, hereby declare a motion that we are to KEEP our alliance with the Celts. If we are to have the Rhine as our goal we can't let their lack of piety stand in the way of a masterful alliance.

After close consultation with my clients, I, Samwyiyl al-Samivyr, declare myself to be a silly-billy who can't read. Sorry!

Samovar fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 11, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Talas posted:

Not to mention, the Celts were the reason why we didn't get destroyed by France during the most recent war. Breaking the alliance is very bad for us.

And they're coloured green! The colour of Islam!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I, Samwyiyl al-Samivyr, remain with the Merchants!

The tea-trade rules everything around me.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 12:39 on May 19, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony* there.

*Based on what WilliamAnderson said, this means a Colonial Nation. (Thanks!)

Al-Andalus Tujjar Alshshay agree with this proposal. After all, what good is cornering the tea market if you don't also corner the sugar market?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 20, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Al-Andalus Tujjar Alshshay have advised their elected representative, Samwyiyl al-Samivyr, to support the Taifas. Now that colonies are established in which tea can be grown from India, we must spread the tradition to the entirety of the peninsula! We will make this land a tea-drinking nation by hook or by crook!

Samovar fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 31, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Proposing Business Before Pleasure -- Conquer Iberia first and foremost and then take whatever steps are necessary ( military buildup, alliances, etc) to crush the Almorhavids and take as much territory from them as possible to punish them for their numerous betrayals.

Control of Iberia should be followed by control of the strait.

Agreed. The perfidious Berbers must be taught it is al-Andalus who will rule in the West!

Also, this'll cripple their tea markets. And you know what THAT means...

Edit - However, I advocate against any adventurism East unless it poses an existential threat to our country, our colonies, or the faith. Let those unwashed heathens rebel in that overgrown lake! We have a fresh world to look towards!

Samovar fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 1, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, I know which faction I'll be joining next.

And I'll propose massive civil investment in the construction of dungeons! Once all the prisoners die within them, we can use them to store tea!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Mr_Autoshades posted:

Proposing The Coming Storm Act: Mandating that we spend the time we need to in order to recoup our military force(Land & Naval) and manpower up to pre-war levels, and prepare for the inevitable powder keg that is Europe to Ignite. When the conflict breaks out we should declare war on France in an endeavor to further Cripple France's ability to war with Al-Andalus.

Reasoning:
- We Beat France once but I highly doubt that we'll be able to do it again if they get better allies (Like the Almoravids)
- We want to avoid any Military adventures until it can do the most good for the Sultanate
- France Is going to Start Colonizing eventually, the fewer resources they have at home means the less they have to do so.
- We probably won't get a better opportunity to kick France in the Teeth
- I'm pretty sure the King of France said something rude about your mother

edit: Also as an Aside What the hell was the Al-Andalus Navy doing up in the Channel?

Al-Andalus Tujjar Alshshay agree with this proposal; we are far too weak to try and attack the Moroccans; it would be wiser to ensure internal stability. The merchants will bring forward proposals to help fund this endeavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Patter Song posted:

Caribbean's way too nice for an Oubliette. Have Hashim grab the Guianas.

Yeah. When we occupy the Salvation island chain, there's where Znzana should be placed.