Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yay. I caught up with this thread just after party shuffling ended last, so I'm glad to see it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Sultanate needs a strong, united Majlis, dedicated to stability and the collective good of the realm rather than petty personal interests, now more than ever.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mcclay posted:

I am going to submit the Urban Expansion Act
1. Raise all provinces to at least 10 development, spread evenly among the three stats
2. Build a university in every state.

Thirded.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crazycryodude posted:

That seems like a horrible policy. Like, I get the flavor aspect, but really guys? You can't just, like, upgrade mosques, you have to gently caress us over for no reason?

A skilled player will absolutely dominate EU4, you have to handicap yourself to keep things interesting.

Also, loving over the country just follows in the grand tradition of legislative Paradox LPs.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yes, the security of Iberia is paramount. Keep the Navy in home waters, no expeditions to Gharbia until France and Morocco are out of the war.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Fools, if the Diwan had no power, we'd have opportunistic kafirs within Iberia pouncing on us in this moment of weakness! The only reason we stand a chance in this war is because our homelands stand united as One Al-Andalus!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
We really need an alliance with Provence.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

paragon1 posted:

Hit the Books Act

All tech types must be advanced as far as they can possibly go, barring ruinous expense.

All Majlis entertainment and recreation budgets are to be reduced by 4/5ths.

No tequila, no partying.

Supporting this.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Guys, if we have a revolution now it's going to be harder to become Communist later

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

unwantedplatypus posted:

The Trial Act

- Any upper-level government official (member of the Majlis, for example), or member of the nobility has the right to a fair trial in the presence of the Majlis if accused of a crime. The Majlis will decide the accused's guilt via a simple majority vote. Guilt must be established in this way before any punishment can take place

- No man or body, not even the Sultan, has the authority to deny or circumvent this aforementioned right.

Switching my support to this.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
See what your careless hands have wrought

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

"Andalusi Asturias"-???

That means we (assuming "we" are still al-Andalus) own it but it isn't connected to our capital.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A Senate's working out fine over in GothLP, the problem is parties.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Allah has a special providence for fools, drunkards, and the Sultanate of Ibriz.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Can there be any doubt? C - Qadis!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Does this make Enlightenment thinkers the weaboos of their day?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmwTa9qRq0o

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ikasuhito posted:

There was a very vocal group of people who decided we absolutely Had to fight them in order to snatch their colonies and cut them down to size. This was dumb and they should rightfully feel bad for it.

If I remember correctly, they inexplicably rivaled us before we made any antagonistic moves against them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A bunch of pretentious old men, playing at running the world...

C - Ibn Timu is our only route to prosperity!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'll be curious to see just how Russianized Scandinavia is when Vicky comes around.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
We sure do know how to pick a winner

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
IIRC, Aurora lets you play with multiple polities starting on one planet.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

RabidWeasel posted:

Army size isn't bad, could definitely be worse!

I'm more concerned about Income.

(I've never played MOTE but I assume that's important)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

AJ_Impy posted:

That's not worth what happened to Madhiyyah and you know it. :colbert:

Agreed, Tirruni really should clean up that bordergore.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
By the time V2 begins, it will have been a good 80 years since Ibriz declared independence. Any support for bringing them to heel at that point would be like the British wanting to retake the USA in the 1850's.

I think we do have an opportunity for a friendly relationship with them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Tirruni is an outgrowth of the Catalan part of Old Al-Andalus right? Unless there was a strong regional or ethnic feeling of being under the Andalusian yoke rather than having split up after an unfortunate affair, I feel like they wouldn't be adverse to unification, especially on their terms.

Tirruni would probably love to take over Al-Andalus, but unless he accepts the continued existence of the Majlis (lol), I'd imagine that would be a losing condition for us.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
We held our own surprisingly well. Now, with Tirruni able to pour his full army into the war in Iberia, I have no doubt we'll be able to secure a victory against the Mahdists. The only question is how much land we can grab before Tirruni does.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Majlis has historically been a shining beacon of tolerance and anticlericalism, so we make natural allies for Tirruni.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A and A!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
With 100,000 Berbers and Indians on his southern border and no other theaters demanding a large commitment of troops, I'm sure Tirruni will bring the full strength of his army to bare on this invasion.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Tirruni sure took his sweet time repelling that invasion.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'm not sure exactly just how badly the Majilis hosed things up in EU4, or how much Hashim intentionally ran things into the ground, because I've got no idea how EU4 works. The degree to which everything fell apart...that was painful. I can barely imagine trying to play past then.

The Majlis intentionally hosed things up trying to trigger a Revolution, but then the event fired in Bavaria before it could fire in Al-Andalus, so all the horrible, country-destroying poo poo that was supposed to cause a revolution just caused a bunch of separatist rebels instead.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This Russia exchanges OTL Russia's useless masses of non-productive Siberian land for a bigger chunk of Poland, including Silesia, which was an industrial powerhouse during the Victorian period.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I can only hope that the AI is too dumb for Russia to effectively wage war all the way on the other side of the map

Also, we're seriously punching above our weight in this war.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Alikchi posted:

Job Opening just announced for an Andalusian Talleyrand

More like... uh, who was the foreign minister of the Duchy of Warsaw

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SlothfulCobra posted:

I keep trying to imagine a way that Al Andalus somehow both betrays Tirruni and squeezes territorial concessions out of Morocco, because that's the only way I can see us coming out ahead at the end of March of Eagles.

I don't remember much going bad for Swabia aside from goons being dedicated to crushing democracy until the Reichstag was blown up.

Looking through the Stuttgart Congress posts in that thread, after winning their equivalent of the Napoleonic Wars, goons opted to go for the most extreme and punishing peace against the losers, but in most cases they were voted down by their more moderate allies. So in effect, they got little that they wanted and created a lot of bad blood in Europe.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Chatrapati posted:

Is there any way to negotiate Al-Anadalus switching alliances on the condition that Morrocco gives us back our land in Iberia?

Only through custom events, which means we'd need a good in-universe justification which... I'm not seeing Morocco being too friendly towards us after we've ransacked all their major cities.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
:getin:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Flavius Belisarius posted:

What does a pizza look like in this timeline?

Pizza originated in Southern Italy, which wasn't hit nearly as bad as northern Italy in this timeline, but Southern Italy is also predominantly Muslim in this timeline and... I have no idea what the ethnic makeup is like there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rodyle posted:

I mean alternatively knowing our luck we peaced out just in time for Ireland to invade England, Scandinavia Russia, and India to revolt, with us benefiting from none of it.

I don't know MOTE very well, but if Bavaria's any example, it seems like repatedly entering the same war over and over is nbd