Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
This is definitely off to an interesting start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Siegkrow posted:

Hey, is the sunset invasion active?

"For CK2, I'll be running on the latest version of CK2+, along with all the official expansions except Sunset Invasion, simply because..."

Presumably he doesn't want the game to end early when the Aztecs come crashing into the Iberian peninsula at high speed. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

This is an AWESOME start to the LP.

HAIL IBLIS

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Dang, does Satan really give you Wolverine-like regeneration abilities? Awesome.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

How much of that trouble was the game throwing poo poo at you for having the hugest negative piety humanly possible, and how much of it was you roleplaying rather than picking optimal choices?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Stuck between a blob and a hard place. Not exactly a lot of weak minors to pick on.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Man, that looked SO CLOSE to a really awesome victory.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Man, this just feels like gamble after gamble, and it's impressive when they pay off.

Here's to hoping that the battle against Aragon goes as well as the war against Portugal.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I know that in EU4, most, if not all, Muslim nations at start get pretty heavily hobbled with a tech penalty due to being from a "worse" tech group than, well, Western Europe, really. Are there any similar penalties or imbalances in CK2?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Man, that's a powerful-looking lump you're having to contend with in Iberia. Barring some internal unrest or France getting into a wrangle with Castille and/or Aragon, they're going to be hard to pull apart.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Honestly this is kind of an interesting LP compared to a lot of them, because it feels like there are a shitload of "sub-optimal" roleplaying choices being made, to the point where I'm actually nervous for the survival of the Jizrunids at times.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

One of these days we'll have a ruler that lives to a ripe old age, dying contentedly in his sleep, surrounded by loving sons and loyal subjects.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

WELP. That was sudden.

Was that an assassination event? Or just something that can coincidentally happen to any ruler?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Man, the Jizrunids have the MOST unlucky rulers.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Jesus, even having a non-insane sultan doesn't limit the number of fights that the Jizrunids get into. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

So when are the fleets setting sail for Iceland?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Man, the Jizrunids really don't have many allies, do they? No Muslims left in their corner of the world to ally with, Ghana dislikes them, and the rest of the peninsula is their mortal enemies.

Why the strike into the Med rather than focusing on Iberia, though?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Aw man, I'm disappointed that this didn't get a chance to get crazier.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Man, fingers crossed for the Jizrunids. That was a major setback, but glad to see it got largely undone.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Did the Jizrunids manage to take any Castillian territory? Or was it all just war reparations?

Jesus, though, a lot of the time CK2 battle reports end in a route with 1/5th or maybe 1/4th of the losing army killed. But those were some 10k troops' worth 100% annihilations going on. Murderous.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Oh poo poo, only two years old? That's gonna be quite a few years of regency.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Just how much of Europe and North Africa is currently at war with the Jizrunids? Goddamn.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

By this point I feel like EVERY "and it went well for the Jizrunids!"-post has either ended with, or turned around with, about two-thirds of the way through: "...and then it ALL went to poo poo again."

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

C
A
A
C
C

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

New Taifas

The only way to make sure we're left in peace is to make sure there's no one left on the Iberian peninsula to threaten us. Peace through power!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Qasim al-Cyrahzax of the glorious and unopposable Taifas, propose that we focus our efforts in annexation on the three westernmost Christian kingdoms of Iberia: Portugal, Galicia and Leon.

These realms are the weakest of our neighbors and the most vulnerable to direct military force: we must crush them before greater Christian kingdoms, France especially, decide to interfere with them. Every Christian king in Iberia is threat and a wild card- it's intolerable!

Only when the Christians are driven off the Iberian peninsula can the kingdom of Andalus turn its attention to projects of peace and faith. As long as the kingdom's enemies are at our borders, we can't afford to let down our guard. drat straight I'm supporting this policy.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Perhaps demanding specific wars is too shortsighted? None of us knows what the future holds, what problems and opportunities may come, so:

I, Qasim al-Cyrahzax of the enlightened and victorious Taifas, propose that we attack whichever Christian kingdom is weakest and most isolated, with particular attention being paid towards conflicts between them. The goal of these invasions is nothing less than complete annexation for each and every one of them, no matter how many wars it takes.

So many people seem to be forgetting our policy of Iberia First. Once Iberia is secure, then we can set our eyes on farther shores. Anything that strengthens us, weakens the Christians in Iberia, or weakens France, is a policy I'll support. Therefore, I'm backing this suggestion.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Some might see this as a defeat or as some sort of sign that the New Taifas' policies are damaging to Al-Andalus. But everything is going to plan, we made a sacrifice to bleed one of France's allies out of territory, and we lost nothing irreplaceable, like territory, only men. Eventually we'll have France isolated and then we can crush them!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

You know, I don't mind the occasional votes on big turning points and stuff? But yeah, something like 40 or 50 posts that amount to "BUILD MOSQUES" or "WAGE WAR ON SOMEONE" for every actual LP'er post... is a bit much. :v: I'd maybe just cut down the regularity of the audience participation, myself, rather than completely scrapping it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

TildeATH posted:

... an actual fully functioning Oubliette Faction.

Their main goal is the conquest of more iron-containing provinces for the purpose of building impregnable cells and horrifying torture tools.