Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

catlord posted:

I propose continued military research and maintenance, since it worked out well last time.

Agreed. The New Taifas are on the rise: once we can wage wars of real conquest, we need to be ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

What, we can't join the Loyalists? Hakam is just about everything I want from a Sultan!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Humanism? Is that where we have to bow back to the peasants?

:jerkbag:

I, Emir Flavius al-Belisarius, who is totally not a Roman, propose that we take ideas and idea groups related to the quality of our soldiers as soon as possible, and support this by hiring a military advisor.

Agreed. Rewarding these rebels and traitors with 'acceptance' will only embolden them.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I've said it before, but this time it should be crystal clear: now is the time!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Proposing Business Before Pleasure -- Conquer Iberia first and foremost and then take whatever steps are necessary ( military buildup, alliances, etc) to crush the Almorhavids and take as much territory from them as possible to punish them for their numerous betrayals.

Control of Iberia should be followed by control of the strait.

Agreed

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Well, things could've gone better, certainly, but overall I'm going to say that is was all worth it

Now we need to get rid of Aragon

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Frionnel posted:

Proposing the Almoravid Aggression Act: As soon as our manpower recovers, declare war on Morocco with the aim of taking the Caribbean and, if the war score allows, the provinces on the strait of Gibraltar, starting with Tangiers and Ceuta. The Sultan is free to choose the time and define what is a satifsying amount of manpower

Supporting

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

This is an absurdity! An outrage! The House of Jizrunid is destroyed, and now that woman her bastard think to rule over us? They think they can subjugate glorious Qadis to that citadel of sin they call a city, backed by their traitor legions?! Never! It cannot and will not stand, every true son and daughter of Al-Andalus will fight to the end to make sure of it!

Death to traitor Sultana, death to Husayn the False, and death to anyone that supports them!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

You are illegitimate and and traitor, along with your thrice-accursed mother. The Majlis cannot be realigned because you have no authority to call it! We of the New Taifas demand that surrender all power to us immediately, so that a real Sultan can be crowned!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I propose the Al-Andalus Under Arms Act. This grants the sultan mandate to do whatever it takes to maximize our effective manpower. This includes the construction of barracks, preference for manpower in special events, and alliances with enemies of France or Morocco.

Addendum: said alliances include the Catholic League

Agreed. Whatever happens, Al-Andalus will always need more soldiers, though hopefully they'll prove a bit more loyal than the last batch.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 9, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

A slight alteration.

Still good. What Catholics are close enough for us to bother fighting anyway? France and Italy are the main Protestants, and our main problems in Europe.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Mr_Autoshades posted:

There's just going to be an Anti-intellectual thread in our aristocracy that's not going to go away isn't there?

Just like a peasant to not understand anything. Learning is the highest goal of the civilized man, but reading and writing? A waste of time! Clerks and scribes exist so that the truly knowledgeable need not waste time on it.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Could we just surrender to the rebels? What would happen?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Taifas, huddle up!

Now, as to the Jizrunids, which royal rules is royal business, and not for we humble servants to stick our soft, fleshy necks into. With that said, I propose a bill for all of Al-Andalus! Even for our opposition parties, who sunk the Iberia-spanning super power we created into bankruptcy and civil war! It's almost like merchants are meant to advise, while imams and bootlickers are meant to be silent backbenchers!

The Mountains and the Sea
-An all mandates and quotas granted and demanded by Al-Andalus Under Arms are renewed
-Forbids aggressive action without sufficient funds or manpower, though what is deemed sufficient is at the sultan's discretion (save that there be no outstanding loans).
-Demands the construction of fortresses along the Pyrenees, to slow French advance
-in any conflict with France or Morocco, priority is to be given first with severing their alliance, and second to severing any relationship they possess with Iberian minors.
-in event of war with Morocco, the Navy is to block the straits to prevent Berber access to Al-Andalus
-Aggressive action against France or Morocco is only to be taken in the event that France is already distracted by another major conflict. Morocco's engagement or lack thereof isn't relevant.

I would support this, provided with one caveat: the capital should be returned to Cadiz. Toledo's vulnerability to French invasion and Christian uprising, along with it's youth, make it entirely unsuitable.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Excellent! Supporting the Mountains and the Sea.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Protestant League doesn't look like it's going to last very long.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The navy can protect us from Morocco, but the French control the Pyrenees, and their alliance clearly has the upper hand in their religious war. While they're distracted, I propose the Substitute Mountains Act, calling for the construction of a defense network of forts on the French border when affordable, along with the expansion of fortifications in our true and glorious restored capital, holy and magnificent Cadiz!

Nevermind, supporting Rodyle's proposal.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 7, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

It's Time.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Given the mad Sultana? Quite possibly.

Really, how can we be sure any of her spawn are true Jizrunids? We must do what we can to steward Al-Andalus, because no Sultan or "Sultana" can be trusted to.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Alright, to business then. I think our strategy of creating package bills has been serving us pretty well.

Concurring with Soup, I think Aragorn should be our first priority.

Sevila I Do Like It

1. Terminate Aragorn immediately, should our mercenary forces be deemed sufficient for doing so and they not be protected by no higher power.
2. Cease all military action until our debts are paid off and our forces be restored to at least 75%.
3. Once our warmaking powers are restored, strike at the Moroccans, aiming primarily to take the Seville and Qharibya trade nodes. If the Sultan sees an additional alliance as needed for this operation, he is given mandate to pursue such.
4. When our truce expires, presuming we are not at war with Morocco and they are unprotected, terminate Castille.
5.. Maintain military research and construction as deemed appropriate by the Sultan.

Taifas, any proposed amendments?

I would give the Sultan more freedom in eliminating Castile. When the truce ends, we strike.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Soup du Jour posted:

Well, since some variant on "gently caress to France" is going to be one of our proposals, I propose the Great Wall of the Pyrenees Act. Adopt Defensive Ideas, and once France holds no land in Iberia, construct the most advanced forts we can on our new and permanent borders with them.

Defense? No no no. We finally have an army worth using, and a world too weak to oppose us! Our armies must march ever forward, in the Old World and the New, so I propose the Drawn Sword Act! This act requires the adoption of Offensive Ideas, continuing to expand and advance the army, and once the war with France is won, the seizure of Tangiers and as much of Morocco's Caribbean empire as we can take.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

These are glorious days for Al-Andalus, but they could be improved, no? Castille's continued existence is a national embarrassment, one that must be corrected, so I propose Annex Castille Act. It is self-explanatory.

Edit-Withdrawn in favor of Rodyle's more expansive proposal.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 19, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Shia have almost reached Cadiz, I think they are our most pressing religious issue.

Unless we want to declare ourselves the Shia caliph? Could we convert and do that?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

The Southern Design

1. Extinguish Castille the moment the truce expires, providing they don't suddenly acquire French protection again.
2. Once our internal borders are thus secure, begin spreading money and influence around to acquire allies against Morocco both in Africa and in the West.
3. Once a sufficient force of allies and our own troops have been built up, cross the straits with intent to seize Tangiers as other territory along the straits.
4. Secondary to the aforementioned territory, seize Moroccan colonies and force them to turn over territory to our allies and vassals.
5. Do not engage if France will join the conflict. Take whatever actions are needed to break up this alliance.

Withdrawing my proposal in favor of this one.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I really do not understand this fascination with making forever enemies with Morocco when we already have France to contend with.

Morocco is squatting on way too much of the Caribbean along with the other side of Gibraltar, and hates us anyway. Carving them up makes us more powerful and less threatened.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I doubt we'll do it hard enough to destroy them completely. Even in the best case scenario, we're gonna have to go on the merry-go-round another dozen times.

We can be their France. It'll be nice to be on the other side for once.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Do not allow our victories to make you complacent! France is weak, Morocco is weak, our rivals in the New World are weak! Ships will not finish the job, nor coin, nor prayers: only soldiers, in an endless, glorious tide!

The world is ours for the taking. Do not miss the chance!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

catlord posted:

Wait, is a decent chunk of Denmark Orthodox? When did that happen?

A Varangian might have gone home Orthodox back in CK2?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

/

Proposing a Coalition motion: Death to All Infidels.

*Convert everyone not currently a true Sunni to the faith of our beloved Sultan, to suppress revolts.
*Pounce on one of our rivals when they are isolated and weak, and when we have the manpower and resources to do so.

Additional submissions will be considered, and added in if need be. What one cannot achieve, the many can.

If Morocco isn't on the table here, there's nothing to discuss. Islam at home, empire abroad.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Is that the best the Taifas can do? If the Ulema wants to make our subjects feel a little more Andalusian, why not let them? We need Tangiers more than we need Christian rebels!

Edit-Endorsement withdrawn, for now.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 26, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

We do need Tangiers, and letting our army waste away while we help the Ulema cause trouble is how we get it when we take back power. Steady, careful military maintenance is how we have conducted ourselves in past minorities, and it paid off in spades once we got that power back!

Redundant proclamations like that make us impotent! The Ulema is offering help further our real goals, in exchange only for the chance to convert a few heretics and heathens. Let them give it their all! Succeed or not, the Moroccan campaign is back on the books.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

And how are they helping us? "Pounce on our rivals" they say. Which rivals? To what end?

If they want to us to aid their disruptive activity then they should at least offer us, in precise terms, our desired pieces of Morocco and the breakup of France (giving pieces of land to Germans, Provence, etc), depending on what wars we find ourselves in

True enough. Fine, I'm withdrawing my endorsement until the following changes are made to the proposal:

-If Morocco or France become involved in a war or rebellion, Al-Andalus will immediately declare war.
-The war goals against Morocco are the seizure of Tangiers, and then as much adjoining territory as possible.
-Against France, it is their removal from the Mediterranean by whatever means necessary and possible without directly taking territory for Al-Andalus.
-Moroccan intervention takes priority over French.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 26, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

The subjugated nations point begs some questions. I'm not even sure what tags exist under France in vanilla, much less the mod. Could we break off Aquitaine and give what's left of southern Burgundy to Provence? That would simultaneously cut France off from our borders and the Med and might very well be worth putting off Tangiers for. If we can't do that, then the focus should be in gutting Morocco for her coast and her colonies.

I'll change it to pushing the French off the Mediterranean by whatever means necessary without taking territory for ourselves.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

/

Proposing a Coalition motion: Death to All Infidels.

*Convert everyone not currently a true Sunni to the faith of our beloved Sultan, to suppress revolts.
*Pounce on one of our rivals when they are isolated and weak, and when we have the manpower and resources to do so. In specific:
-If Morocco or France become involved in a war or rebellion, Al-Andalus will immediately declare war.
-The war goals against Morocco are the seizure of Tangiers, and then as much adjoining territory as possible.
-Against France, it is their removal from the Mediterranean by whatever means necessary and possible without directly taking territory for Al-Andalus.
-Moroccan intervention takes priority over French.

Additional submissions will be considered, and added in if need be. What one cannot achieve, the many can.

Excellent. Supporting.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

It'd be irresponsible to let our enemies have a chance to rebound, to let them steal our wealth and plot against us!

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 27, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Dance Officer posted:

Admittedly you didn't even try.

Not that you really had a chance with the Merchants but claiming victimship when you knowingly tried to make a deal with the devil is beyond redemption. You could have sat back and waited for when the light would undoubtedly shine on the Ulema once more.

He succeeded at making a deal, thankfully. If the cowards among the Merchants and Loyalists won't do what must be done, we will!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Dance Officer posted:

Says a devil disguised as a human. If there is evil then you surely are it.

What a shockingly hostile thing to say to fellow lord of the Majlis! Especially from someone who so readily champions the causes of the enemies of Al-Andalus, hmm?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Fortunately, Morocco is already at war with its rebel colonies, so the act automatically applies.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

B. The Taifas won't be denied our ancient rights and dues. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I don't remember what this was in FS.

This civil war is when the military is going to tell the Sultan and Majlis to go to hell and take over themselves. The Taifas can be the Gerousia!