Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I'm a Merchant. I just want profit, and there can be no profit without peace.

B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

well that was quite a rollercoaster. but hey at least we finally got into a war with Morocco over a colony just like you all wanted.:v:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

As if there was any question

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

: With the fall of the Great Feng Empire, the vast lands and rich coasts of China has become a permanent warzone, with devastating bloodshed exploding between the fiercely-rivalled powers every few months. As the months turned to years and the years to decades, China has gradually come to be known as the "Land of a Thousand Emperors", all constantly feuding with one another as they attempted to usurp the Mandate of Heaven.

Dammit Japan! :negative:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Agean90 posted:

let's be honest if people are still going to the colonies then they know what they're in for

this raises a good point, why would anybody want to go to the colonies? it seems like that's a good way to get murdered and your home burned down every few years. each of our colonsy should consist of like 3 Guys.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

When they ask how much money is enough, always reply...

"Just a little bit more."

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

drat Proto-hippies trying to ruin this great nation!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Talas posted:

I submit the :toot: Can't you see we need a hand, in the navy :toot: Act for rebuilding the Andalusian Navy and get ready to wrestle control of commerce in the seas... soon.

Sounds good to me!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

you're three hours too late. But good news you won anyway.:v:

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 17, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well, so much for our... everything.:(

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Talas posted:

I propose the gently caress It, Take More Loans Act.

After losing our piggy banks colonies, we are in serious need of more gold stuff, a new navy, new buildings, and a new Grand Vizier with a head on his shoulders. Sadly, we are going to have to let some debts go into default... and well, take some more with some dubious awesome merchants. I mean, we are going to need more money just to have a revolution functional government.

Supported. We must do what is in the best interest of our long term profits nation.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

*Sounds of uncontrollable weeping*

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The Bold Kobold posted:

Did we just become the Ottomans?

The sick comatose man of Europe

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well so much for Al Andalus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3at_Ev2kOoI

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Time is a flat Circle

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

Yep. We used to own it way back when, but the Celts stole it from in one of our wars. Then, in their recent war with the Celts, Ibriz forced them to return it to us and renounce their claims, so I just ceded it to Ibriz during the collapse of Al Andalus.

Hey guys, remember when we had aspirations of being a colonial empire? :negative:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Crazycryodude posted:

See I loving told y'all that destroying ourselves would eventually turn us revolutionary, it just needed a few decades to work its way around.

* Entire peninsula gets annexed by revolutionary Morocco*

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

So what you're saying is that this isn't what the Majlis has been working towards all along? :confused:

:barf:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

catlord posted:

Wasn't Morocco one of our biggest allies in CK2? Why did we immediately start picking fights with them the second EU4 rolled around, again?

There was a very vocal group of people who decided we absolutely Had to fight them in order to snatch their colonies and cut them down to size. This was dumb and they should rightfully feel bad for it.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Aeromancia posted:

It's really incredible actually. France just massively hates us no matter what happens.

We have fought the French no fewer than eleven times since the start of EU4. Naturally we have beaten them all but like three occasions, but they just wont stop coming.

We really should have worked more to destroying them outright and do the world a favor.

Option C

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

We must regain our borders around the Pyrenees, that was lost so long ago. We can fill in the details of actually being connected to those borders later

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Rodyle posted:

Can we just play as Japan in Victoria

Danny Glands posted:

I second this.

"The nation we ran into the ground sucks! Can we gently caress over another nation instead?"

We spent centuries making this bed. So we are going to lie in it whether you like it or not.:colbert:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

kibaces posted:

is that smolensk flag canon?

Do you mean is it canon, or is it a cannon? Because the answer is yes.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I would say you should try to get closer to Serbia as well. But that seems a really cruel thing to do to someone who has never done anything to us.:v:

We are the kiss of death.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

:sigh: If only you guys could have all seen that the only thing that really mattered was founding colonies and making enough gold to swim in it like Scrooge McDuck. the nation could be in such a better place now.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 21, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

:f5:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Morrow posted:

My money's on Smolensk.

I'll take that bet. I have faith in the Kingdom of Italy.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Mr_Autoshades posted:

I can't wait for the inevitable boxing match that will probably turn into a world war between Japan and Morroco over the specific.

Over the specific what?:v:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

He's replaying the game over and over again until he gets the lamest outcome as punishment for us loving everything up.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

vyelkin posted:

Happy to hear the Celts et al have abolished it though. Has New England done the same?

Hashim posted:

With that said, the list of slave-holding (in various forms, they won't all be the chattel slavery prevalent in pre-civil war US) great or regional powers in 1821 includes:

New England, Smolensk, Crusader Egypt, Morocco, Ethiopia, all West African empires, Kongo, Hejaz, Kilwa and Madagascar, from the countries I've poured through until now.

Doesn't look like it. Which looks to make them the sole bastion of slavery in continental North America.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

"Al'astifadat min al qutil" Will put his life on the line for his nation.

Crazycryodude posted:

If anyone can come up with a suitable Arabic version of my name I'd love to be in.

How bout "rajul majnun mujamad"?

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 13, 2018

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Why do you taunt us so? :(

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Snipee posted:

I’m cringing at the fact that we are allied with the Christians that conquered the holy land in this war against Morocco. Nothing is sacred.

Is allying with Egypt better or worse than allying with a nation of militant atheists?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I am scarcely believe my eyes at the hypocrisy and revisionist nonsense on display. The entire war is the result of Morocco willing to throw away the lives of good Muslims for the sake of a Catholic nation. You are willing to risk the destruction of Islam for the Pope! Know that this blood is on your hands not ours!:colbert:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Man Bavaria, you used to be cool.:(

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

1. A
2. A

On the one hand, that flag might as well have the words "You're Next" written on it. On the other hand, Morocco should have come up with a better offer than vague promises in exchange for being their meatshield.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

It'll be a risk I have to take though, no matter what, so it'll be fun to see whether our first assault on mainland Africa in centuries end in victory or disaster.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

if only we had Legions of colonial peasants to press gang into fighting for us.:smith:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Crazycryodude posted:

Ok funny joke but come on where's the real update, there's no way something good ever actually happened to Al-Andalus.

This is just the lull as the arm is pulled back to deliver the next blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

WilliamAnderson posted:

I'm really curious as to what sort of nonsense is going on in the new world while this decade of war happens in the old.

Three words, "North sea Empire"