Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

This is, what, the third generation in a row that's had their leg lopped off? If it happens a few more times it'll become practically a rite of passage for all young kings of the dynasty, whether they need it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

PurpleXVI posted:

I know that in EU4, most, if not all, Muslim nations at start get pretty heavily hobbled with a tech penalty due to being from a "worse" tech group than, well, Western Europe, really. Are there any similar penalties or imbalances in CK2?

No. In fact, Muslims are conditionally better at improving their technology. Most notably, they can subscribe to the Mu'tazilite school of theology for an almost obscene boost to the Learning stat, which is one of the primary ways you earn/spread tech points. Plus, for most of the start dates, Muslim areas have better starting tech than the majority of the Christian world.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I mean, we've still got 200+ years to drive the infidels out, I think that's doable even with RP constraints.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

That's definitely an assassination.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Crash program of spamming hospitals as we watch it slowly creep closer? Move to Iceland? Suffer in silence?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Poland mostly dodged the Plague in OTL as well, didn't they? Is it just luck, or is there some cultural and/or geographic thing that makes Poland way less susceptible to it?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

So is this gonna continue on as is, or update to Monks and Mystics? We totally need (another) devil-worshipping sultan at some point

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Got his balls lopped off and died before finishing the event chain to summon Cthulhu, 3/10 not nearly close enough to the Darkest Timeline. :colbert:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

TildeATH posted:

I don't mean to jump to conclusions but this family is kind of evil.

Oh as if your ancestors didn't spend a generation dabbling in the dark arts every century or two.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Well what are we supposed to do, just tolerate all the infidels? Of course not! It isn't warmongering if you're killing Christians. Where do you think we are, Azerbaijan?

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 16, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Does Pointy Hat still get functionally infinite mercenary deathstacks, though? That always used to be annoying whenever I directly fought the pope.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Holy war for Rome now that the Papal armies are depleted? Just to cap it all off.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

What do you know and how do you know it :tinfoil:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

C
C
B
A
C

Re: other regions - I like the idea of having something special/real crazy about Australia. It don't think I've ever seen get much attention in LP's so something to spice it up would be interesting. I don't have anything solid yet, but I'll think on it.

E: Oh man, how could I forget ZearothK's Hansa LP? Now THAT was an interesting Australia. So, ok, Australia has memorably affected an LP once, but still.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 27, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Hey C's get degrees, old man. Let the kid live his life :colbert:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I have no idea how hard it would be to make, but what about Australia being a lush jungle continent rich in resources instead of 90% desert? Like a mini-Africa, except with crazier wildlife and/or natives. I imagine you wouldn't have to change much in EU because the interior will be inaccessible anyways, the bulk of stuff would happen in Victoria when the technology to explore/settle the interior gets developed.

Dinosaurs. I want dino-Australia

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 29, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh poo poo it literally was. I promise I didn't steal your idea on purpose ZearothK, I guess it's just been lurking in the back of my mind for the past few years and decided to come out again.

Still like it, though.

E: vvv ZearothK's Hansa LP, Gold Rules the World vvv

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 30, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I like that the Africans and Polynesians start with American colonies, should make the colonial race that much more interesting.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The New Taifas will guide Al Andalus to glory, and drive the Christians back into the sea.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The Paradox LP Politoons have begun, this is officially One Of The Greats.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I change to supporting the League of Merchants

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

WilliamAnderson posted:

Given this, I propose that we develop the production on our gold mine up to 10, with the other development increases split equally.

:yeah:

E: Also, fellow merchants, the explore/colonize proposal already has a metric fuckton of support so let's pick a second one to complement it instead of just piling on.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Look, digging up immense and ever-expanding quantities of gold is a no brainer. It's gold, everybody loves it, and having more is objectively better. There is absolutely no imaginable way that this could backfire, because more coins never hurt anyone and if some dumbass "economist" tries to tell you otherwise, just ask them how, exactly, too much money is a bad thing then laugh at all their made up words. And I personally guarantee it will never run out, either, no matter how much we dig up. Trust me, I'm a merchant.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Bring back Unitas and get it over with already, imo

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Deceitful Penguin posted:

lol how often has that happened

*Looks pointedly at literally every single Paradox LP with audience participation that I can remember*

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I, Crazycrodude of the League of Merchants, propose the Make Al-Andalus avante-Garde Again Policy.

This policy stipulates that we minimize our piety, enlist the aid of the Dhimmi, and take any other methods to reduce our tech cost that the Sultan deems within reason, so that we may always stay on at least the same tech level as our neighbors. Unless the nation is in crisis and needs the resources elsewhere, every effort should be made to become a world leader and maintain a higher level of tech than any neighbor, especially a Military edge over France.

E:Question for Hashim: what tech group are we? Do we not have a Dhimmi Estate to appease/troll the Ulema with for that massive tech reduction?

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 15, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Ok I'll make it clear in my proposal to give them whatever they want until they've convinced their cousin Vinny at the Apple store to give us that sweet, sweet 10% off deal.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Switch to the New Taifas.

Let's finish up the Deconquista :getin:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Luhood posted:

Hmm, you're right. This has to end somewhere, and fast!

I, Lutfi al-Uthman of the New Taifas, hereby propose that in order to stave off any further rebellion we are to acknowledge and formalise the Dhimmi's rights before the Sultan, as well as the rights of any Qarbiyan Dhimmi that may arise due to the Merchants' efforts in the west. The rights of worship and language of all Dhimmi are to be protected in return for loyalty and a standard Jizya tax. Let Humanism become the future for Al-Andalus!

:yeah:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

We don't have any accepted culture slots left to accept them with, iirc.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Switch to the Loyalists

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Bonuses can be pretty rare. Some occasional National Ideas and government types have them, and low piety will give us a small bonus, but the only real reliable source is Humanist Ideas. The tolerance boosters in that group are strong enough that with a single idea you can eliminate all the problems with other religions/cultures unless you actively try and dick them over to cancel it out for some reason.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Look, all the other LP's just haven't had enough tolerance. We will tolerate the poo poo out of our northern subjects. With machine guns, if necessary.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

There's a limited number of building slots in a province, with the base value being 2 modified by terrain (extra slots for friendly terrain like farm/grasslands, fewer slots for arctic climates). Every 10 development also adds another building slot to the province.

Most of our provinces can probably fit anywhere between 2 and 4 buildings at this point in the game, because development is relatively low and the terrain throughout most of our territory is neutral or +1.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 31, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Affi posted:

Proposing a Joint Ulema/Loyalist vote!

Our lands need to be converted! Convert any provinces we can in Iberia!

:agreed:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

At least the printing press spawned in Nevarra so we won't have too much trouble getting it.

Also, switch to the Merchants.
Let's kick the colonial machine back into overdrive. Preferably in a way that involves stealing all of Morocco's.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Nah, after we lock down the Carribean then we need to keep heading west into Central America. Alternatively, start working our way to Asia to get in on the spice trade.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Captain Oblivious posted:

I am proposing the Stepping Stone Act. Instead of focusing on the continental rivers, let us leapfrog from our islands to the landmass directly beyond them - Central America, and make that our next colonial priority.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

paragon1 posted:

Oh man, if only someone had foreseen that going to war with the Almoravids would be a bad idea, and result in Al-Andalus being caught in a two front war. Truly a shame. I guess we're Poland now.

I propose the We Need Tequila Now Act Establish 5 colonies on the mainland of Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Rodyle posted:

It's Time.