Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

axeil posted:

Research has shown every 1 inch of rain reduces turnout by about 1%.
I'm with the poster you were responding to - I don't doubt the research at all, but those people are even more foreign to me than the people who never vote at all. How are you going to vote, but then the weather stops you? Like, what form does that utility calculation take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is hilarious. 49 states are like "who's this moron the President is talking about?" and the only state where people vote are like "quick who is the other guy?!"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Mayor Bhalla

boy I hope that's pronounced like "balla" so my lame joke makes sense

FizFashizzle posted:

that's a sikh gain for the left
:yeah:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
T-Mac, I love you for what you've done, but leave the drat economy out of it. The brick wall is enough.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Well, at least I agree with him on the bonus peanut.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Quorum posted:

:siren: Gubernatorial Kegerator update: :siren: the Kegerator in the Virginia governor's mansion is staying where it is as a gift from T-Mac to future governors of the Commonwealth, but he's taking the monogrammed handle, so Northam will have to get his own. Gripping political stuff here, y'all.
I see what you did there.

(also I hope this is a new tradition)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FaustianQ posted:

Allison Ikley-Freeman
http://www.ally4ok.com/issues

She seems pretty good on the issues, and seems local. I don't live in Oklahoma so another goon can chime in, but based on her platform that's a hell of a win in Trump +39.
holy christ this platform has so many typos

"Oklahoma continues to make national new for officer involved shootings."

I mean she won so I can't complain but it really bothers me when people have such amateur-hour websites :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Quorum posted:

God this one is a total clusterfuck. Having attempted to help a university friend register to vote while we both went to school in Fredericksburg, I can attest that the registrar at the time was awful-- she tried to tell my friend he couldn't register in the place he attended college full time, which is wrong, full stop. She's the one responsible for incorrectly distributing the voters and causing this mess. (Of course, her error wouldn't have happened if the GOP hadn't created a ludicrous district map that cut city streets in half...)
My favorite part was that interview with her daughter (because she's dead now) where the woman was like "I think my mom is just a convenient scapegoat" and all the sentences that aren't quotes from her sound like "nobody knows why these voters were just randomly redistricted, it makes no sense".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What is this from? I want more.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BigRed0427 posted:

God dammit!

Only 4 and a 1/2 stars Daily News? Don't make me have to go all CineD up in here!" :argh:
You have to admit "'Last Jedi' is first-rate" is a really good line. I'm sure it's not wholly original but it's good.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

axeil posted:

That's the 2018 Senate map. The only places that are safe are Utah and Wyoming.
This map needs a post-Franken update.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cheetah7071 posted:

Obama For America I believe

e: guess I'm wrong
Not completely wrong, because they were loosely affiliated for a while there:

quote:

Organizing for America, then Organizing for Action, (OFA) is a community organizing project of the Democratic National Committee.[1][2][dead link] Initially founded after the presidential inauguration of Barack Obama, the group sought to mobilize supporters in favor of Obama's legislative priorities, particularly health care reform. Eventually, the organization played a role in the midterm elections of 2010. Later, it became the grassroots arm of Obama for America. After Obama's second inauguration, it was reorganized as Organizing for Action and returned to its previous mission of organizing around the President's agenda. It has since turned into a hub of the Democratic protest movement[3].

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the split for men? I expect it to be a lot less not-offensive.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

axeil posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2017/12/13/virginia-is-holding-recounts-in-four-crucial-legislative-races-heres-how-they-work/

quote:

For example, if someone wrote “MY MAN” over the favored candidate’s name instead of filling in the adjacent circle, that ballot is valid, according to the state board of elections.
brb moving to Virginia and voting like this in every election

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the name of that "law"? The one that's "any time the title asks a question, the answer is no"?

Because no. Salt the earth. Win the recount and win the special election and salt the earth.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Muppets On PCP posted:

if he's actually promising to privatize it then he can probably nab a couple folks who have stakes in managed care companies or related services
Yeah, even without knowing any of the 50 state senators in question I guarantee at least one would gain enough from that, and even in the worst case he needs to flip, what, two? If the recount and the unfinished one and the re-election all go poorly?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Alter Ego posted:

Wait, wait, wait...weren't there people here and in USPol criticizing him for NOT doing this earlier?
Yeah, I was mad he wasn't (but also too lazy to post about it but I saw other people doing it)

You doing okay, Northam. Keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BirdOfPlay posted:

Finally, there's the 28th district where the previous, now-dead registrar, for unknown reasons, randomly moved hundreds of voters into different precincts out of the district. This election was won by the Republican incumbent with 82 votes, but around 200 voters were given ballots for the 88th district instead of the 28th. This is highly unusual, and a likely solution will be a special election.
added something important with correct level of emphasis

• Locked thread