Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Voted in Arlington a few minutes ago. My polling place wasn't packed but there were about 12 people voting which is the norm for the lunchtime crowd. CNN was there filming b roll footage and decided to focus on me while I was casting my ballot...didn't expect that but hey, democracy!

EDIT: Just had a Northam volunteer knock at my door and ask if we remembered to vote. Said yes, and then asked if we voted for Northam. YBF, you guys are not loving around with GOTV this year, good on you guys.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I misread your post and thought the second percentages for each county was turnout as of noon not the entire day. Hopefully this holds.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How hard did your heart drop until you realized the mistake?

My stomach wanted to lurch up the pad thai I just ate, thankfully I quickly realized that I misread it.

I think I'm gonna go on a media blackout at 7 and just binge Overwatch//Wolfenstein and then check returns around 11 or so.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Take deep breaths tonight.

I know it's been said but you've done good no matter what the outcome. Thanks for keeping at it even when the nothing matters crew was out in force.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Breitbart is blaming weather

not joking

lol, I figured they would do that or "Hey, maybe Russia really is hacking our elections!"

Hope is a lie though, as nice as it looks, I'm waiting till one of the big three networks calls it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Petr posted:

Important PSA: D majority has not actually happened yet and very well may not happen. Don't move the goalposts for joy too far.

This is true, but 24 hours ago, everyone was certain that this was going to be a 3-4 percent win for Northam at best. Hell, I had heard that the last internal poll from the Northam campaign had him at 2% above Gillispie, so this evening has been incredibly :stare: in all the best possible ways.

It's a bloodbath, majority or not.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Big philosophical touchstone in our group is that Yard Signs Don’t Vote. We tend to put our money into volunteers and GOTV instead, since what we lack in money comparatively, we make up for in human power. So we don’t mind the signs. :)

2016 is looking like the end this country needed it to be. Youth turnout through the roof last night, a massively restocked bench that’s gonna grow into some amazing state/federal candidates in the near/medium term, and a road map.

Yeah I'm really jazzed to see where Fairfax ends up.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nice.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Dying that they are playing Teach me How to Dougie at Jones' victory party. You know that's triggering Republicans real hard right now.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I'm the lady walking around with a framed copy of the Ten Commandments.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm not going to start expounding on my personal history due to some dumb internet argument, buddy.

Still, I'm going to give you a free bit of advice, that oughta be kinda uncontroversial: A critical step to reforming an organization is to put people in charge that actually want to reform it. Or at least understand the need.

Some free advice for you.

If you're not willing to expound on what makes you an expert, then maybe don't start dumb internet arguments by claiming you've got practical experience in reforming large organizations and why that makes you more qualified to say that Perez is loving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Looking forward to the GOP observer at the coin flip screaming that tails actually means heads because the eagle has a head on it so therefore...

gently caress these people.

• Locked thread