Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSBPSeXaMwE

Pro click right here - Their really great day diary series is back and it's another with Omega. This covers day one of Tokyo Dome leading up to the Okada match. The interviews with fans seem so much more effective than what you usually see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
[quote="Frankston" post="468509322"]
They added a second part to that Kenny Omega on the road video, it's all ringside footage of the match and is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R8v5Aw79MY

Really fantastic. Between this and the Tama Tonga videos this is fast becoming one of my favorite things in wrestling.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

harperdc posted:

If you're serious, holler in the PMs.

[Edit] still have a Travel Guide drafted, might have to finish that today.

Is the travel guide for things like easiest way to get tickets, merch, etc. for the travelling fan? Would love something like this and hope you finish and post it.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Venomous posted:

tbh if Cody goes to NJPW full time then (a) there's a chance he'll get better (b) Kenny might hand over the reigns to him and gently caress off with the Bucks to permanent main event glory sooner rather than later

Interesting that this is now coming out because on Facebook, when I see ads for NJ World, it's often Okada, Omega and Cody. So NJ is definitely promoting him above someone like Michael Elgin or Naito to the American audience.

Cody as the new leader of BC does zero for me but hey maybe he'll finally start having those ****+ level matches this year. Probably a safe bet he'll be in G1 now.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Food Court Druid posted:

I'd be fine with Cody as a secondary singles guy for BC who could credibly challenge for the NEVER or IC belts.

Ideally that role goes to Adam Cole, but I think I remember reading he was pegged more for the jr heavy division anyway. I wonder if he decided not to make a huge commitment to NJ and stick more with ROH, hence the bigger investment in Cody by NJ (not to mention the constant talk of him being the next big indy piece to fall to WWE)

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

rovert posted:

Let's say as a hypothetical ZSJ isn't a New Japan Junior

Would make sense if O'Reilly is going to NXT since my understanding was he was slated to move up to heavyweight, so ZSJ could fill that spot. The junior division is so stacked right now anyway, and I kind of like the idea of him at the NEVER level working with guys like Ishii.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Frankston posted:

Teasing Omega vs Cole, I can dig it

Yeah, they went form zero to halfway to the payoff pretty quick there.

Cody/Shibata stuff was really fun and main event was great. Rest was solid to skippable.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Main event was rad and post-match was rad. That was also the first time I've really dug Cody's stuff on NJ, thought he was great tonight. Kenny also called out Tanahashi in the post match (sort of in passing and casually though) so that could be his rehab before the inevitable Okada showdown.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Good, I never liked the idea of Kenny winning this tournament in the first place. Now he can win the belt at Dominion or Night 2 of the LA shows.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Really liked the main event. All about getting Shibata a big reaction and making him look like a beast. I don't think he's winning but the match next month gonna rock.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Hypothetical: If you're Kidani, are you happy, sad or indifferent to ROH getting bought by WWE?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I'm confused. The site has tiers up to Row 17, but the arena can hold 13,500. Has anyone been there and how does that compute? This sounds like they're setting up for a thousand people...

Prices don't surprise me and they'll sell out the expensive ones no problem, but again, seems like they're shooting for a way smaller house unless I'm totally mistaken on how the arena is set up.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Baron Corbyn posted:

They announced at Walemania that the Long Beach shows are going to be proper big events with all the titles on the line so if you're on the fence about getting tickets tomorrow...

Awesome news. Is there a video anywhere of the announcement?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Scored row 2 Saturday and row 6 Sunday for a 3 set with multiple parties trying.

A four set of friends sitting separately totally struck out and it looks like 3 sets are gone too now for Saturday.

Looks like 3 sets MAYBE can still be had for Sunday but also getting a lot of "we can't process this" notices too. Keep trying for a minute if you're still hunting.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 1, 2017

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

That DICK! posted:

Anyone get between 2-4 extra tickets :(

I'm not certain this is sold out and not a ticketmaster issue. I'd keep trying for a while longer to confirm.

E: Try Ticketmaster app. Website allotment is out according to a buddy who's expert at how this stuff works.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 1, 2017

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Shows sold out. Good on them.

E: Both the app and website. Looks like a little north of two hours to get there.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 1, 2017

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

rovert posted:

Cody reveled today that he is in the G1.

Wonder if this was always the plan or if a spot opened up when Honma got hurt. Either way, its a great challenge for him and hope he has a good tourney.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Nice if it shakes out that way. 10K+ would be G1 finals level and beat Invasion Attack from last year (Naito vs. Okada).

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I feel I should know this, but when Kojima does his rush into the corner and follows up with his call-and-response with the crowd, was it is the crowd saying?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Jerusalem posted:

Based on this the crowd is yelling "I'M COMING FOR YOU, BASTARD!"

So like most things Satoshi Kojima related, it loving owns.

Perfect, thanks. Need to know what to scream for the Long Beach shows.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

harperdc posted:

行っちゃうぞ、バカヤロウ!
Icchauzo, bakayarou!

"I'm coming, ya bastard!" is good, another way I'd think of it as is "HERE IT COMES, MOTHERFUCKER!" Generally in that ballpark. Japanese doesn't have too much in the way of direct swearing analogues, but how he says it and the "bakayarou" at the end make it fairly crass. FWIW, the dictionary I have note "bakayarou" as colloquial and derogatory for "idiot."

This talk of tickets and coming G1 season reminds me I owe the thread the Wrestling in Japan guide. I'll finish that this week. Jerusalem, is it cool to link/quote your WK ticketing guide from before?

Very cool. I took six years of it in school and did a proficiency test in college (at my peak I had about 500 kanji under my belt), but I've slipped over the years. NJ has been a great way to keep some basic language skills sharp. And yes please do finish the guide, trying hard to hit WK next year.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Out of curiosity i rewatched the main event in English, and thought Kelly and Cyrus did a nice job. They're starting to get in a good groove with one another, and Cyrus is clearly more comfortable now that he's got a few reps under his belt. I'll never not listen to Japanese for my first time viewing a show but it's good to know the English team is improving and doing well.

Match by the way is still spectacular on second viewing.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

handsome only face posted:

it was a perfect time to do it in the match and made it better, but kind of a waste since he didn't win, and he might've vacated the belt if he had got it anyway having to miss a tour

God can you imagine what a story it would be if he won, vacated, Okada beats Fale or whoever in an interim championship match, then you unify at Dominion, thus preserving the Omega match for Long Beach. Might be too much hot potato for IWGP but it's the rare time where it would be really cool.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Capsaicin posted:

Big Dave reporting that the Shibata surgery might be a work to put over the brutality of that match.

If that's the case, haven't been this happy to be totally worked in a while.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/651ax0/okadas_comments_on_the_shibata_situation/

Do we still not know if this is a work or not? Regardless, man am I pulling for Shibata from here on out.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Shibata returning from injury to beat Okada at the Dome would be the best.

It's a pretty compelling story now. So is Naito vs. Okada for supreme leader of the company. So is Omega v. Okada in presumably the rubber match. They're positioned really well right now for a dramatic G1 and probably a solid uptick in Tokyo Dome business.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Venomous posted:

Also, if Kenny wins at Dominion, who's going to face him at Long Beach? I bet it'll be Ishii, since he has a title shot saved up from beating Okada in the G1 and he beat Kenny in the first round of the NJ Cup this year.

He's got Ishii at Dontaku, so it'd be three matches together in the span of only a few months, which isn't typically how they do things. Then again it'd be a rubber match kind of thing so could work.

Assuming Kenny wins, I could see him going against Tanahashi. Send in the living legend to get the belt back on the champ's home turf kind of story. And he can lose to Omega in the US no problem.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 13, 2017

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Baron Corbyn posted:

He's from Winnipeg, you idiot!

I should have been more clear, but yes I'm aware of this and was too lazy to edit. North America still technically home turf amirite?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Unbelievably bummed if this turns out to be the end.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Thought Juice and Naito was good, and Juice is coming along nicely as someone who will be a legit great worker one day. I'm rooting for him.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

remusclaw posted:

That is pretty cool to see. I wish I liked his finish though, something about that particular version of the unprettier just doesn't do it for me.

I've never liked that move and his version is particularly over-exaggerated with the leap he adds. Asterisk for when Naito sells it like the champ he is.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Last two matches were both real good. Dominion is going to be amazing. Kenny wins or they do a broadway, calling it now.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Thrifting Day! posted:

Every big card has delivered so far this year. On paper this looked the weakest of the lot but the last 4 matches were all really good in different ways.

I preferred the Omega/Ishii match last month but this was still great.

Tanahashi/Naito and Omega/Okada at Dominion should keep the run going.

Not to mention we're likely to get Hiromu vs whoever wins BotSJ and Goto/Suzuki in the rematch.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

C. Everett Koop posted:

With Shibata dead, is the best idea for the G1 to have Kenny enter as champ since it means either Okada or Naito can win? If Okada enters as champ it means Naito probably wins and vice versa, since I can't see them giving Kenny two in a row.

Then again, this year either whoever wins the G1 needs to win at Wrassle Kingdome since it hasn't happened yet, or someone needs to win the G1 but lose the title shot, which would greatly widen the potential G1 winners pool and not doom the Wrassle Kingdome gate.

I think it's a more compelling G1 for sure if Kenny is champion, because you have Naito and Okada as co-favorites (maybe give the edge to Naito), Tanahashi has the aging babyface who you could logically have win, and a good dark horse in Ibushi if he's involved. That opens up some good roads leading into Tokyo Dome; you could have Naito lose the briefcase to Okada or you could have Omega lose the belt to either of them at Kings of Pro Wrestling. If I'm booking for the next WrestleKingdom I'm probably going with Naito/Okada for the belt and ace status, Omega/Ibushi as the semi-main grudge match and Tanahashi against maybe Suzuki or Ishii for the IC.

E: Thinking it through, as a fan, really would want Ibushi/Omega for the belt at Tokyo Dome but not sure if they trust that enough for the gate. That would be the best possible story imho given their history.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 4, 2017

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Jubs posted:

:rolleyes:

So Dave thinks it's possible that Makabe or Kojima will challenge Kenny in Long Beach. If that's the case, they are completely clueless and have no chance in succeeding here.

Would dig Kojima as a chance to see a legend go for a belt live. Would not dig Makabe. There are several better options than both though so I'm hoping this is just speculation right now.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Echoing calls that Sanada is the one. He reminds me of early Okada - hints of an exceptional worker, but a little robotic and hasn't figured out charisma and the little nuances yet. Give him more time near the top and like Okada I bet he will.

E: Come to think of it, THAT is a good match for Long Beach with Omega because he can job no problem and both guys can have an awesome showcase.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Couple things:

1)Lol if you don't think AJ could drag Fale to an equally good match
2)Poeple have been calling AJ the BITW since he was IWGP champ.

I think AJ could have an equally good match, but Okada has the best in the world belt right now.

Part of me wants Okada to keep the belt and have a multi-year dynasty, but I do think from hearing about how banged up he is and how mentally and physically taxing the last year must have been that it's probably best he gets a little break from the stress of it all. Let Omega have his half year reign regardless of 2018 plans.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Belt is pretty cool, and a tournament to crown the first champion is a clever idea to make these shows matter a little more, so I'm on board PROVIDED I still get my big IWGP world title match with Omega vs. ???. Also fine with this being the main title in the subsidiary.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

checksin posted:

Finally a belt worthy of inaugural champion Juice Robinson

Almost certain he'll be in, along with (ROH ppv related spoilers from tonight) Jay Lethal and Hangman Page. So far that's a decent set up for a fun couple nights, but I reiterate that we better still be getting some traditional style matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

KungFu Grip posted:

NJPW World has War of the Worlds up for VPN users, but they edited out the Marty Scrull vs. Matt Sydal match for reasons.

Sorry if this is a noob idiot question, but on NJPW World, is there a way to unlock regions? Just tried to fire it up and i'm getting a lock out.

• Locked thread