Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Bonding over a nice cold glass of Mt. Dew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Tag League night 1 was a lot of fun! All the newcomers got put over strong and I hope Chucky, Cobb, and Sami stick around. I didn't quite understand why Juice and Sami were tagging together until the announcers reminded me that Sami was in NXT. I think I'm officially on the Death Juice train.

I watched the show since it's free on their YouTube page and Cobb got over great with his power stuff, though I wish he'd drop about 10-15 pounds around the middle. It also made me wish he was tagging with Keith Lee since they'd be another hoss team to go against War Machine/GoD/KES.

Chuck, however....I wasn't feeling it. He looked tentative and just kinda off, and he and Beretta's big spot came off as a wet fart. Hopefully he gets something going the rest of the tour because that debate wasn't all that to speak of.

Fell asleep during the main so I can't speak to Sami but I've never been a huge fan and Juice does nothing for me. I'll give the main a shot later and see if it changes my mind any.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

shiksa posted:

i've been busy so i couldnt watch the first tag league show until now.

japan loves jeff cobb, and hell, so do i. man that big doing a standing moonsault, uhhh, hell yes.

Cobb's in this weird state where he's pudgy and it looks bad. He either needs to drop 20 and HTFU or he needs to gain 50 and go full hoss.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

I'll still maintain that the original Omega/Ibushi plan would've sold more domestic arena tickets, but they're finally getting very serious about marketing to the west and this should sell World subscriptions. How many and what percentage will stay past January is what's going to be interesting to see.

I get that they need to pull the trigger on Kenny/Ibushi before Kota gets bored and exclusively signs with Kaiju Big Battel and/or he horribly maims himself doing something stupid for DDT, but you don't turn down Chris Jericho for your biggest show of the year.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

sigmachiev posted:

Agree, and do people really want a short build for Omega/Ibushi? They did the thing at G1 and then nothing.

You want the most interesting G1 in 2018 and Dome in 2019, you belt Omega at Dominion and then do Okada vs Ibushi in the G1 finals. Then flip a coin who should win.

I don't want to get into fully fantasy booking, but my dream is that Okada wins the G1 but pins Naito on the way, and then beats Naito for the belt at KOPW, meaning who's going to challenge for the strap at Wrassle Kingdome?

And out comes Daniel Bryanson...

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Cody's gonna have an entrance that's the perfect time.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I don't think they've had one the last couple years?

No there's been Yujiro matches.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I've never liked Archer ever. He always just screamed LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA to me.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I'm on board the Corn Cobb.

I want to be but I don't want to have to be owned first.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Getting stabbed worked for John Cena and it worked for Tanahashi.

if you want to make it anywhere shank yourself a bunch and prepare for greatness

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So to get away from Elgin pissing away his career...

I didn't expect GoD to randomly show up on an episode of Hellthy Junk Food, tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boUhnE06eIs

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Considering the tag/trios belts, it's not like they can't invent a reason to do a multi-way match for the tag belts, especially if YTR feels like getting frisky again.

Also LIJ can drop the trios belts at any time if anyone remembers they have them. That's not a huge deal at all tbh.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Does New Year Dash stream live NJPW World?

iirc it was free last year so maybe?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Yano is secretly in training for this party the entire rest of the year. Every year.

Because when everyone's under the table, Yano's still good.

And all the goods are ripe for the taking :getin:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So I assume the card is then set?

C. Everett Koop posted:

IWGP: Okada (c) vs. Naito
US: Omega (c) vs. Jericho
IC: Tanahashi (c) vs. White
Jr.: Scurll (c) vs. KUSHIDA vs. Ospreay vs. Hiromu
Jr. Tag: R3K (c) vs. Young Bucks
Intermission: Cody vs. Ibushi
Tag: KES (c) vs. EVIL/SANADA
NEVER: MiSu (c) vs. Goto
Trios: GoD/Fale (c) vs. Taguchi/Makabe/Juice vs. ZSJ/Iizuka/Taichi vs. YTR/Ishii/Beretta vs. Elgin/War Machine
Rumble (TenCozy/Nagata/young lions/BUSHI probably poor guy/whichever old guys and cameos show up/gently caress i guess Yujiro too)

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 19, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I Before E posted:

Chokey Hirooki is the best gimmick and I hope he never wins the big one

Goto starts coming out wearing a Scott Norwood jersey.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If I had to guess, and I'm very bearish on Jericho working anything but the dome:

New Beginning: MiSu (running a whole LIJ vs. SZGN deal)
Sega Genesis: whoever, this could be Goto, ZSJ if the stable angle is still going, Fale's a candidate here, etc...
Long Beach: Cody
Wrestling Dontaku: Ibushi. Ishii might be a candidate here as well, also at Genesis.
Dominion: Omega

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Cameo posted:

Also we're assuming that the IWGP title gets defended at Strong Style Evolved. It might be headlined with a US title match, since presumably the whole event will be promoted on the back of Kenny (which might be why people are thinking that's where they pull the Omega/Ibushi trigger?) given his box office appeal in the States. A lot of that stuff is up in the air, actually, now that I think about it. Like Naito will be on the card, but in a multi-man match involving his Sakura Genesis opponent, could be a potential thing that happens. This US show happening really complicates things since Sakura Genesis would be roughly two weeks later, being the big spring PPV and all. I could see them splitting the title defenses between the two shows - like NEVER Trios, Jr. tag, NEVER title, and US title at SSE, and Heavy tag, Jr. title, IC, and IWGP at SG.

Assuming that Long Beach is a double-shot like last year, I'd go Naito/Cody to main day 1, which furthers the eventual Bullet Club breakup and sets the stage for Naito/Omega down the road, and day 2 run Omega/Ishii for the US (Ishii goes over to free Kenny for his eventual IWGP challenge) and Bucks/R3K in a ladder match for the Jr tag belts. Bucks deserve a headlining match for the work they've done, I don't think they could go vs. R3K straight up but make it a gimmick match and you could get away with it. Maybe.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It's one night.

welp enjoy curtain jerking again bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

i hope its a real game and not a fire pro modpack or some bullsh

new japan dancing all night