Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MrBling posted:

Who do I have to bribe to get Billy Gunn into GBH? I want the real Billy Gunn to team up with the japanese Billy Gunn.

Morishima retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Is it crazy that aside from the main event, the match I'm most looking forward to at The New Beginning in Sapporo is Goto vs Juice Robinson?

It's not crazy to look forward to the best match on the card.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Remember how there were lion's gate shows and that njpw was going to do more with global indies like RevPro and wXw? I guess the NOAH fallout axed that. I also just really want NJPW to bring in Walter or something.

They are doing a RevPro title match on the New Beginning.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Revpro wasnt a good example but the other promotions they listed in the original press release were RevPro, wXw, ROH, CMLL, NWA, and GFW. As far as I know they've done absolutely nothing involving wXw.

They haven't sent any talent over for one of those wXw tournaments? Even so it's impressive they'd manage to do something, even minor stuff with so many different groups.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

he was in the best match of the 2000s though

Most people forget he was in the 08 Rumble.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I wish Ed O'Neill was doing commentary.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

good news Yoshitatsu's now teaming with Los Ingobernables in CMLL

I loved that stupid match so much.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It would be pretty funny if ZSJ got on the poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Is it wrong that I want YOSHI-HASHI to be the new ROH Champion? :shobon:

I'd be down.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They are setting it up for 3,000 so don't buy secondary market tickets as there are plenty of seats to open.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When he set up the headbutt I was like "wow he is doing this really safely for a change"

Then I saw the blood LOL.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

he walked it back on twitter

He restated it on WOR and that he was being told Shibata is being held off the next set of shows as a work.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He said it was a work this morning, unless I totally misheard. That quote screams work too. Remember, Misawa's doctor was a worker too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
gently caress :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bring back Sakuraba and let him get revenge for Shibata.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

It'd be the most Puro thing ever for Shibata to retire after that match, so if this is real I hope he does.

The most puro thing ever is for him to split from New Japan and form a vanity promotion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

harperdc posted:

Actually yeah it's this right here.

Quote it again in a year when it is true.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ThePariah posted:

It's a shame that one of my favorite wrestlers was also a self-destructive idiot. The headbutt got him some buzz, but he was already over and putting on great matches before it. If you take the headbutt away, nothing about Shibata's career changes, except that he doesn't break his own brain for the sake of one spot.

Goodnight my sweet, handsome prince.

It's not exactly one spot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

Yeah, iirc Tanahashi lost all of his matches in the 2012 World Tag League because Captain New Japan took every single pinfall for him. Obviously it didn't matter to Tanahashi because he was in the main event of WK7 anyway, but that's what happened regardless.

Didn't matter to him? Who do you think cost Bone Soldier his job? He's been waiting for years to get him back.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Japanese puros (meaning warrior) are the elite alpha males and will not be stopped by "brain bruises."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's kinda of funny how strongly Fale has been built up compared to Jinder's title shot. I mean both are not the best ideas but Fale at least makes booking sense with the New Japan Cup finish and all his tags since than

There's really no one who would work better for this title shot than Fale.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jubs posted:

We'll get to witness the Young Bucks win the Jr. Tag Titles and the NEVER Trio Titles change hands for the millionth time!

I'm pretty sure one of the main events will be ELITE vs. CHAOS or LIJ.

That'd be cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

here comes the spunk posted:

Push EVIL. He's young, very good in the ring and his gimmick can be tweaked to make it better.

No it can't, it's perfect.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

i kind of want to get my los ingobernables hat signed by naito, sanada, bushi, and evil at the roh show next week but it'd literally be $20 per signature and i'm just not sure bushi has done enough to earn my 20 bucks

If you are going to get all the B rate Ingobernable autographs you shouldn't stop short.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

hiromu isn't there because ring of honor is a bad company :argh:

will have to get the real ace's signature another time

and Rush isn't there because he's too good for Trump's America.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Maybe New Japan can loan Yoshitatsu and Taichi to ROH so I never have to see them on my TV again

Please loan Yoshitatsu back to CMLL with the requirement he wrestle on Puebla so I can see The Joker vs Police Man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
hosed up that they assume Suzuki is going to die because he's a washed up shooter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Still hoping for the Liger victory and title reign we all so richly deserve.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Couple things:

1)Lol if you don't think AJ could drag Fale to an equally good match
2)Poeple have been calling AJ the BITW since he was IWGP champ.

I've been calling Okada that since I demoted Tanahashi.

I'd go with Mistico as my #2.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

checksin posted:

can someone change my name to Bad Luck Dale please

Please change my name to Bad Luck Rusty Shackleford.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Can't believe there's going to be a bunch of Americans on a New Japan Pro Wrestling show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
What's next New Japan allows a bunch of Mexicans on their shows too???

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

What the gently caress happened to KUSHIDA? Guy goes from ace to jobber in 4 month span. Who did he piss off? I know he won the ROH TV title but I'm speaking specifically in NJPW.

Takahashi is the focus now and unless KUSHIDA is winning BOTSJ he can be de-emphasized until they plan to put him back in the title picture. Since he won the ROH TV title he's likely going to work more in the US and thus he can lose some matches in Japan before he heads off. He'll have a more compelling redemption story when he comes back and beats both Takahashis to prove himself.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

taking time off and getting good medical care that isn't going to bankrupt him.

He can't heal that injury in a month. Either he's going to work the match and then get surgery or he's going to work hurt going forward.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
War of the Worlds West looks horrible NJPW is loving us again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NJPW probably won't even book a rematch of the legendary Yoshitatsu vs Volador Jr match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

So Tana is just gonna get through his Dominion match and then have surgery, right? Is that what we're all assuming? There's no way he can work full-time on a torn bicep after just one month.

He's going to do Long Beach after that, then it is only a month until G-1, and after that the Dome really isn't that far away so he can just take some time off in 2018.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Is Yoshi Tatsu actually good at anything

He had the worst match of the year with one of the best wrestlers in the world. That's good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Naito needs to stop trying so hard to be as Ingobernable as Rush it's never going to happen. Either learn to take joy in beating up old fat men or steal another stable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

they are though and always have been

Yeah this is New Japan not Oklahoma in the 60s.

• Locked thread