Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I bought a second gen basic chromecast with NJPW World in mind. Been very satisfied with it although I have a small apartment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

what time is new beginning tonight

1 AM EST

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808769

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

We also have a card for the Korakuen leading up to the Anniversary show which will be headlined by Okada and Gedo vs. the two Tiger Masks. Like the Anniversary show nothing else has been announced tho.

Makabe show's going to be free to non subscribers.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

and Shibata vs. Ospreay got 4 even

new observer posted:

Dragon Lee is expected to work here more frequently this year. At the New Beginning show in Sapporo on 2/5, Lee actually forgot his boots before the trip and ended up wrestling in Shibata’s boots as they were the only ones that fit him.

BOSJ is gonna own

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Golashes posted:

Does NJPW World still charge on the first of the month? I have the urge to sign up again but I don't want to pay $10 for like a week.

yes. the Makabe show is nothing that special so I'd wait until March for the Anniversary show and New Japan Cup.

KungFu Grip posted:

Makabe Anniversary show is tonight/tomorrow morning and it is Free.

Togi Makabe 20th Anniversary
February 21st at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Henare vs. Tomoyouki Oka
CHAOS (Jado and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA and El Desperado)
Shibata, Nagata, Liger, and TMIV vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSU, Iizuka, Taichi, and Kanemaru)
Tana,KUSHIDA, Juice, Taguchi, and Finlay vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
TenCozy and Nakanishi vs. CHAOS (Okada, Goto, and YOSHI-HASHI)
GBH vs. CHAOS (YTR and ISHII)

It's early Tuesday morning US time, which is a shame since I'm off Mondays

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Makabe show is early tomorrow morning US time if anyone's interested

Togi Makabe 20th Anniversary
February 21st at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Henare vs. Tomoyouki Oka
CHAOS (Jado and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA and El Desperado)
Shibata, Nagata, Liger, and TMIV vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSU, Iizuka, Taichi, and Kanemaru)
Tana,KUSHIDA, Juice, Taguchi, and Finlay vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
TenCozy and Nakanishi vs. CHAOS (Okada, Goto, and YOSHI-HASHI)
GBH vs. CHAOS (YTR and ISHII)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/DubsMcTF/status/834093656080515073
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/834104637791760385

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 21, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sigmachiev posted:

Interesting that this is now coming out because on Facebook, when I see ads for NJ World, it's often Okada, Omega and Cody. So NJ is definitely promoting him above someone like Michael Elgin or Naito to the American audience.

Cody as the new leader of BC does zero for me but hey maybe he'll finally start having those ****+ level matches this year. Probably a safe bet he'll be in G1 now.

Everything was going so well this year too so far....

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

crashed early and misssed the card announcements.

Everyone assumed ZSJ wasgoign to be the one to beat Shibata for the RevPro belt when it was assumed the matchwould take place in England. Not sure if that's still the case with a jr making his debut now.

Another possibility would be Suzuki as he's working across from Shibata on the next Korakuen just as he did the Makabe show.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

march schedule:

Before the Anniversary tour we have the Honor Rising shows this Sunday and Monday. Both are from Korakuen and will be at the usual Korakuen time of 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT

Honor Rising Night 1
February 26th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

KUSHIDA, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. Jado, Gedo, and Silas Young
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship:L.I.J(SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)(c) vs. Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask IV, and Delirious
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, Ospreay, and Y-H) vs. Bullet Club (Fale, G.O.D, and Yujiro)
War Machine vs. Young Bucks
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi and Dalton Castle vs. Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, and Punisher Martinez
Katsuyori Shibata and Jay Lethal vs. Bullet Club (Cody and Hangman Page)
Briscoe Bros vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and Adam Cole)

Honor Rising Night 2
February 27th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

KUSHIDA and David Finlay vs. Jado and Silas Young
Taguchi, Liger, TMIV, Castle, and Delirious vs. L.I.J(Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
War Machine vs. G.O.D
Tanahashi, Juice, and Lethal vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Yujiro, and Page)
NEVER Openweight Championship:Hirooki Goto(c) vs. Punisher Martinez
ROH World Heavyweight Championship:Adam Cole(c) vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Okada, Ospreay, and Briscoes vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Bucks, and Cody)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 22, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Not shocking given the recent booking but it's still weird to see Tanahashi in such a secondary place on a poster compared to Okada and Naito.

Spermgod posted:

have a hard time believing they'd push a guy who looks like that as a heavyweight

yeah he could probably bulk up and go to heavy in the future but I can't see that now. They're placing a greater emphasis on the jr div post raid anyway and nothing wrong with having a stacked BOSJ.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah and even Devitt was never really promoted out of the jr division. His win over Tana (due to heavy interference) and IWGP title shot against Okada came while he was still jr champ and the guy he put over on the way out ended up being Taguchi.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Honor Rising Night 1
February 26th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

KUSHIDA, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. Jado, Gedo, and Silas Young
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship:L.I.J(SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)(c) vs. Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask IV, and Delirious
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, Ospreay, and Y-H) vs. Bullet Club (Fale, G.O.D, and Yujiro)
War Machine vs. Young Bucks
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi and Dalton Castle vs. Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, and Punisher Martinez
Katsuyori Shibata and Jay Lethal vs. Bullet Club (Cody and Hangman Page)
Briscoe Bros vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and Adam Cole)

hey this is in a few hours. almost forgot about it myself

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/835719570795044864

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Here's the second night's card. Gonna be interesting to see how they handle Okada and Omega in the ring together.

Honor Rising Night 2
February 27th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

KUSHIDA and David Finlay vs. Jado and Silas Young
Taguchi, Liger, TMIV, Castle, and Delirious vs. L.I.J(Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
War Machine vs. G.O.D
Tanahashi, Juice, and Lethal vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Yujiro, and Page)
NEVER Openweight Championship:Hirooki Goto(c) vs. Punisher Martinez
ROH World Heavyweight Championship:Adam Cole(c) vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Okada, Ospreay, and Briscoes vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Bucks, and Cody)
[/quote]

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

Okada was over as hell on Sunday's show and like Kenny said, "It's Mondaaay. You had to wooork." So it's definitely the smark crowd Monday night.

based on the chants amount of BC shirts Dave said they sold for a bad crowd I think more than smarks it was a crowd there to see BC and have fun acting like a US wrestling crowd. It'll be interesting to see how over Cody's gonna be when he finally does a normal show.

Anyway, yet another Korakuen tomorrow morning. Pretty run of the mill card but holy poo poo that main....

New Japan Road
March 1st, 2017 at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Tomoyuki Oka vs. Yujiro Takahashi
CHAOS (Y-H, RPG Vice, and Jado) vs. Suzuki-gun (Kanemaru, Taichi, Desperado, and TAKA)
Third Generation vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, GOD)
GBH and Jushin Liger vs. CHAOS (Goto, YTR, and Ishii)
Katsuyori Shibata and David Finlay vs. Suzuki-un (Minoru Suzuki and DBS Jr)
Tana, Elgin, Juice, KUSHIDA, and Taguchi vs. L.I.J
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Gedo) vs. Tiger Mask W and Tiger Mask IV

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

main force vs. LIJ match is on now which is the last match before the main.

In other news, BONE SOLDIER has disappeared from the roster page from the web site. I wonder if he's getting regimmicked when Tatsu returns?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress.

I had read the results this morning and was perplexed why Honma got pinned by Jado of all people. Came across news of the injury a bit later but had no clue of the severity and that this could be a another Hayabusa situation.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TenCozy's going to challenge YTR and Ishii for the belts now that GBH obviously can't participate. Honma's replacement for the NJC has not been announced yet.

NJPW 45th Anniversary
March 6th at 5:00 EDT/10:00 GMT
Ota Ward Gym

Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tomoyuki Oka
CHAOS (Goto, Y-H, Jado, and Gedo) vs Suzuki-gun (MiSu, DBS Jr, Desperado, and TAKA)
Makabe, Nagata, Liger, TMIV, and Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, G.O.D, and Yujiro)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship:RPG Vice(c) vs. Suzuki-gun(Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
British Heavyweight Championship:Katsuyori Shibata(c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
IWGP Tag Championship:Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii(c) vs. Ten-Cozy
Tanahashi, Elgin, KUSHIDA, and Juice vs. L.I.J(Naito, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
Kazuchika Okada vs. Tiger Mask W

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

TenCozy's going to challenge YTR and Ishii for the belts now that GBH obviously can't participate. Honma's replacement for the NJC has not been announced yet.

NJPW 45th Anniversary
March 6th at 5:00 EDT/10:00 GMT
Ota Ward Gym

Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tomoyuki Oka
CHAOS (Goto, Y-H, Jado, and Gedo) vs Suzuki-gun (MiSu, DBS Jr, Desperado, and TAKA)
Makabe, Nagata, Liger, TMIV, and Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, G.O.D, and Yujiro)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship:RPG Vice(c) vs. Suzuki-gun(Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
British Heavyweight Championship:Katsuyori Shibata(c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
IWGP Tag Championship:Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii(c) vs. Ten-Cozy
Tanahashi, Elgin, KUSHIDA, and Juice vs. L.I.J(Naito, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
Kazuchika Okada vs. Tiger Mask W

6 hours away!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Wondering if ZSJ could be the replacement for Honma in the NJC.....

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/838737350544891907

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, I'd personally rather see him as a junior but the fact that they put him over a semi-protected heavyweight however dirty it was plus the fact that Suzuki-gun has four juniors already definitely supports that.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Skinty McEdger posted:

No really. He gets ribbed about this a lot. But he's starting to put some more weight on, so maybe expect him to get bigger in the near future.

What was his weight in the CWC? Weren't the weigh-ins legit?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hey there's another Korakuen tomorrow morning at the standard time of 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT.

Card's a mystery until the show like NYD. I wonder if that means it could be a little more important than the standard Road to show or if it was simply to conceal ZSJ's allegiance? Prob more the latter sadly but only one way to find out!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

huh I thought Nagata was already in the tourney but that's a great choice.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

He wouldn't have pinned Goto in a match with three CHAOS juniors one night after pinning Shibata if he wasn't going to be a heavyweight. Yes, the NEVER title is technically openweight but they'd never debut a junior that way. Look at Hiromu's reintroduction in November if you want to see how they'd push a junior as a star.

Chris James 2 posted:

With the three belts around his waist, yeah I can absolutely believe he steps on the scale at heavy weight levels

Wouldn't shock me if he adds a fourth soon....

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think ibushi challenged for it when he was a junior or something

yeah, on that Yokohama Arena show that bombed in part because AJ hadn't gotten over yet. KUSHIDA also challenged Ishii during that same reign on a Taiwan show. Other than that, nothing

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Baron Corbyn posted:

they do Taiwan shows? How often do they do them? I'm in Taiwan and if they come here semi-regularly I'd want to check out a show

like once a year, maybe twice at most

Here's the most recent one they ran:

Thauros fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 9, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow morning marks the first night of the NJC. 1st round is split this year among the two weekend shows

New Japan Cup Rd 1
March 11th at 4:00 AM EST/9:00 AM GMT
Aichi Prefectural Gym

Hirai Kawato and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. TAKA and Desperado (Suzuki-gun)
Ten-Cozy and Jushin Liger vs. Nagata, Nakanishi, and TMIV
Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI (CHAOS) vs. Kenny Omega and Yujiro (Bullet Club)
Shibata, Juice, KUSHIDA, and Finlay vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, and BUSHI
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, Jado, and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, Taichi, and Kanemaru)
NJC 1st Rd:Yuji Nagata vs. Tanga Loa
NJC 1st Rd:Toru Yano vs. Tama Tonga
NJC 1st Rd:Michael Elgin vs. Bad Luck Fale
NJC 1st Rd:Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. EVIL

Sunday's show is strange as it seems to start at the same exact moment the clocks jump forward fom 2 to 3 on the US East Coast due to DST. So the show I guess will start at 3:00 EDT, 1:00 CST. 7:00 GMT?[/b]

New Japan Cup Rd 1
March 12th at 3:00 EDT/7:00 GMT
Hyogo Baycom Gym

David Finlay vs. TOmoyuki Oka
Jushin Liger and Yuji Nagata vs. Manabu Nakanishi and Tiger Mask
Ten-Cozy and Hirai Kawato vs. Bad Luck Fale and G.O.D.
Tana, Elgin, KUSHIDA, and Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, EVIL, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, YTR, Jado, and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (Iizuka, Taichi, Kanemaru, TAKA, and Desperado)
NJC Rd 1: Juice Robinson vs. Yujiro Takahashi
NJC Rd 1:YOSHI-HASHI vs. SANADA
NJC Rd 1:Katsuyori Shibata vs. Minoru Suzuki
NJC Rd 1:Tomohiro Ishii vs. Kenny Omega

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

well, made it for the top two matches at least

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah I figured one of the faces and one of the heels was going to win in the last two matches and meet in the semi-finals. Bit bummed about Elgin no, and we're seriously at the point where Hiroshi Tanahashi needs to win a singles match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The second round will be spaced across four different days this week. None will be broadcast live but the Cup match will be uploaded later in the archives

3/13 - Nagata vs. EVIL
3/14 - Fale vs YTR
3/15 - Shibata vs. Juice
3/17 - Ishii vs SANADA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_49_01_06

Nagata vs. EVIL's up

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

new Observer posted:

Tickets for the 6/30 and 7/1 shows in Long Beach are expected to be put on sale relatively soon but no date is finalized for that right now. It will be very interesting how they go. There will be info on those shows announced at WaleMania on 3/30 in Orlando

not getting my hopes up but it would be nice if info = some idea of how these cards will be constructed

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NJC Semifinals are late tonight US time at the fairly reasonable hour of 2:00 AM EDT/6:00 GMT

NJC Semifinals
March 19th at 2:0 AM EDT/7:00 GMT
Act City Hamamatsu

Yuji Nagata, Hirai Kawato, and Katsuya Kitamura. Juice Robinson, David Finlay, and Tomoyuki Oka
Jado and Gedo vs. El Desperado and TAKA Michinoku
Ten-Cozy, Jushin Liger, and Tiger Mask IV vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, Kanemaru, and Taichi)
Tana, Elgin, KUSHIDA, and Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, YTR, and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Bullet Club (Omega, GOD, and Yujiro)
NJC Semifinal:EVIL vs. Bad Luck Fale
NJC Semifinal:Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NJC Finals card is finally released!

New Japan Cup Finals
Ao-re, Nagaoka, Niigata Prefecture
2:00 EDT/6:00 GMT

Hirai Kawato vs Tomoyuki Oka
Liger, Finlay, TMIV vs. SZKG (Iizuka, TAKA, Desperado)
Ten-Cozy vs. Yuji Nagata and Katsuya Kitamura
CHAOS (Goto, Jado, and Gedo) vs. SZKG (MiSu, Kanemaru, and Taichi)
Tana, Elgin, KUSHIDA, Juice and Taguchi vs. LIJ
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, Yano and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Bullet Club (Omega, GOD, and Yujiro)
NJC Final: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Bad Luck Fale

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

remusclaw posted:

Man, I want to see Shibata as champ, and he isn't wrapped up like a mummy yet, so it's not an easy out for him to lose due to exploitation of an injury. But what with him being subject zero in the recent Wrestling sex leaks and my fear he will forever be stuck IC level tops, I have my doubts. Hopes too.

i'm not expecting him to beat Okada (wouldn't completely shock eme tho) but I think winning the NJC and headlining one of their 5 biggest shows is a fairly clear indicator that the sexts didn't hurt his push.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Before Sakura Genesis there's a couple Road to shows from Korakuen that will also be on NJPW World. The second one is headlined by a NEVER trios match.

Road to Sakura Genesis
March 26th 2017 at 5:30 EST/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Tomoyuki Oka vs. Bad Luck Fale
Liger, TMIV, and Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (Iizuka, TAKA, and Desperado)
Ten-Cozy and Togi Makabe vs. War Machine and David Finlay
CHAOS (Goto, Jado, and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (Suzuki, Taichi, and Kanemaru)
CHAOS (Ishii, YTR, and Beretta) vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Yujiro, and Chase Owens)
Tana, Juice, Nakanishi, KUSHIDA, and Taguchi vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Katsuyori Shibata and Yuji Nagata

Road to Sakura Genesis
April 4th 2017 at 5:30 EST/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Liger, and Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka, TAKA Michinoku, and El Desperado)
Yuji Nagata and Tomoyuki Oka vs. Bullet Club ( Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
Ten-Cozy and Tiger Mask IV vs. War Machine and David Finlay
CHAOS (Goto, YTR, Jado, and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, ZSJ, Taichi, and Kanemaru)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Beretta) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and Bad Luck Fale)
Juice Robinson and KUSHIDA vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Katsuyori Shibata and Togi Makabe
NEVER Trios Championship:L.I.J(c) [SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI] vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi, and Ricochet

Sakura Genesis
April 9th 2018 at 4:00 EST/9:00 BST
Ryogoku Koukigan (Sumo Hall)

Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Liger, and David Finlay vs. Young Lions (Tomoyuki Oka, Kitsuya Kitamura, and Hirai Kawato)
Yuji Nagata, Togi Makabe, Tiger Mask W, and Tiger Mask IV vs. Bullet Club (G.O.D, Yujiro, and Chase Owens)
CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI and RPG Vice) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, and El Desperado)
IWGP Jr Heavy Tag Championship:Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru(c)(SZKG) vs. Jado and Gedo (CHAOS)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and Bad Luck Fale)
Tana, Juice, Taguchi, and Ricochet vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, BUSHI, and EVIL
IWGP Tag Championship:Ten-Cozy(c) vs. War Machine
NEVER Openweight Championship:Hirooki Goto(c)(CHAOS) vs. Zack Sabre Jr(SZKG)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi(c)(L.I.J) vs. KUSHIDA
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Kazuchika Okada(c)(CHAOS) vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It struck me earlier today that not only has Tana not won a singles match since Power Struggle last November but that I can't even really remember him hitting the HFF and pinning someone in a multiman lately. I'll have to start checking the 2017 results one by one when I get the chance

• Locked thread