Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

frankenfreak posted:

Outside out his entrance I don't particularly care about him. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thrifting Day! posted:

The Japanese announcing tells a story better in English than Kelly does.

"AJ STYLES GO HOME! :argh:" was a great line :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah time for New Japan Cup, I wonder what is going on right no-

:stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

EVIL! :neckbeard:

Shame about Bad Luck Fale though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please beat Yujiro, Juice :pray:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

C'mon Juice!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Congratulations to Juice Robinson for avoiding being murdered by Suzuki.

Commiserations to Juice Robinson for his upcoming murder by Shibata.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kenny Omega may be one of the hottest wrestlers going nowadays but for God's sake why would you wanna piss off Ishii!?! :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That catch-German on Ishii :stonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

NJC Semifinal:EVIL vs. Bad Luck Fale

Bad match.

Thauros posted:

NJC Semifinal:Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Good match!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jack Anderson posted:

EVIL is cool and good so I can only assume your hating on Fale.

Yes. EVIL rules and I want only the best for him.

Having to have a match with Fale is not the best :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I got my timezones mixed up again but I'm kinda glad I didn't watch EVIL lose :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The :haw::hf::mmmhmm::neckbeard: faces in the crowd when the winner picked the champion he wanted to challenge ruled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Based on this the crowd is yelling "I'M COMING FOR YOU, BASTARD!"

So like most things Satoshi Kojima related, it loving owns.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Absolutely, and looking forward to reading your guide when its done :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

checksin posted:

I am so pumped for juice

The crowd's reaction when he challenged Naito :vince:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God those last three shows look amazing.

Also you wrote March instead of April for a couple of them!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

Shibata/Okada got 5 stars btw, bringing Okada's average for the year down to 5.0625.

That's loving amazing :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God no, if this is true it's loving awful :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

poo poo I forgot about Suzuki vs Goto, need to catch up.

Trying to take a positive outlook on the Shibata situation, at least he's still alive and not fully paralyzed :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh drat, I thought I had timed it for the back half of the show and it looks like I missed everything but the main event. How long has this match been going?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'll say this for Fale, he was perfectly placed a couple of years back as the guy who represented Okada's loss of confidence following his loss to Tanahashi as Wrestle Kingdom 9. That lead to a pretty great (storywise) match where Okada had slowly built his confidence back up and absolutely obliterated Fale in their match, including hitting him with the piledriver!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I can get behind a Suzuki/Goto feud, but then again I can get behind a Suzuki/ANYBODY feud.

Finlay vs Cody will hopefully be good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kushida: Welp time to wrestle Naito... actually gently caress it I'll just assault Takahashi.
Juice: And I'll assault Naito! :hfive:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn BOSJ is gonna be great this year it looks like.

Edit: Those War Machine costumes :vince:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 3, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

harperdc posted:

"You!! Yes you Kenny. You're the best in Japan, no, the world. I want to give you another shot. Just you. If you're not interested, head on back, otherwise, get in here!"

Later...

"I want to say three things. First! Wow. Fale. Wow. That was something. Second! Next is Osaka-jo Hall. The company hasn't set anything yet, the company hasn't decided, but I know what I want. Kenny. Kenny, you're next!

Third...nothing in particular."

:hellyeah:

Okada/Kenny II is gonna be loving amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My hands are shaking with too much rage to even be able to hit the probate button :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I believe in SANADA and I also believe in EVIL, I hope those two dudes become top guys in NJPW. It's so great that Naito has two excellent dudes like that as his buddies.

I have no objection to Bushi also being in the company :geno:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tanahashi's reaction is amazing :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tokyo loving rules and you can spend your entire trip there and still not run out of things to see and do (even on New Years holidays I spent a ton of time just wandering about/sitting in parks - Ueno Park is awesome - plus I got to see the Emperor!), but the unlimited JR Pass ticket for tourists is a Godsend for getting around by train, and I forced myself to leave Tokyo to head down for a daytrip to Kyoto, and I wish I'd done a bit more travel outside of Tokyo.

I avoided the really touristy areas as well as Roppongi which didn't sound like my type of place, so I can't speak for those areas but everywhere else I went I felt incredibly safe and at ease. Everybody is extremely friendly, there are English language signs EVERYWHERE and English announcements follow the Japanese ones on all the trains. There are heaps of little stalls selling delicious food but also plenty of restaurants (the most packed place I saw was a TGI Fridays, which cracked me up, it must be exotic), and it seems like there is a convenience store on every block if you feel like just grabbing an easy snack. Tokyo Train Station is like a little mall packed with stores too so if you're on a budget it's pretty easy to get by just grabbing lunch from there on the way in and then picking up dinner on the way back.

I set aside a spending budget and brought that money with me in my wallet, I was determined not to spend any more than that (especially after a disaster with my original hotel booking saw me pay close to a $1000 for a last minute emergency hotel replacement) so I got by entirely on cash the whole time I was there. The Suica cards are supposed to make life pretty easy though if you don't want to be carrying around cash. Like I said though, I always felt pretty safe wherever I went.

SLUM KING posted:

Please go to Japan. You will have a great time.

:agreed:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I only saw a little of Watanabe in ROH but I seem to recall he wasn't anything particularly special and some people thought he was going to be largely forgotten when he returned to New Japan.

Then we got EVIL and the world became a brighter, better place :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Misawa was not having very many good matches after 2003. He was extremely limited by the end, the KENTA match he had in ROH was almost a miracle.
Haha as soon as I read the first part of your sentence I was all prepped to angrily reply,"What about the KENTA match!?! :mad:" :sweatdrop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope Omega wins too, Okada is fantastic but it feels like the time is right for a change.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That shrug after the pin :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That baseball spot ruled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Those drat Young Bucks! :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

cams posted:

i think they are good wrestlers

It's a shame they can't commit to full-time due to their far more lucrative dayjobs as t-shirt salesmen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is NJPWworld the only way to watch this? I don't really want to sign up for two matches

It is incredibly cheap and great value for money. If you don't wanna pay, it'll probably air sometime in the next few weeks on AXS with commentary by Jim Ross and Josh Barnett.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dr. Dirt posted:

My stream is awful at the moment. What have I missed? Anything worth checking out later?

Everything has been good but not particularly standout. The opening match is a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Switching to Japanese for this match and will probably stick with it for the rest of the night. Every match from this point forward is gonna rule.

• Locked thread