Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's not worse, just different!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it was an accident that mvc2 ended up "balanced", but the game design itself is full of lots and lots of really smart choices. It's individual character mechanics, and unforseen interactions where the game has "problems".

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Is this the thread for a small number of goons to unironically argue that people should be bad/thoughtless consumers?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Listen: If everyone else agrees that the games you like are bad the problem might not be with everyone else.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So cams is comfortable with criticizing the us government (it's a good thing to do), isn't comfortable with criticizing Capcom (You should be thinking intelligently about your purchases), and beats women?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I don't understand.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

They put Thanos (not bad old mvc game thanos) and Sigma into the same game and still managed to make me hate it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

If he didn't actually assault his girlfriend then I apologize for that particular statement but for nothing else I've said.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I really really don't pay much attention to anything Dias

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I agree about euthanize all gamers.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

I mean, it's clear you're an imbecile, but I guess that's just how we're gonna proceed with life. GL.

lmao

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

but seriously, why are people accusing cams of beating women?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

if you know the original content you know this, because interro backed off of mistaking him from "someone else" like two posts into that convo.

i don't know the original content lol

thanks for the clarification

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

how the gently caress do you know that then, because that's the only time it came up here? Y'know what, whatever. Back to talking poo poo about this game.

people were accusing him of beating his girlfriend on last page of the thread?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i go nothing but hard and stupid

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Anyway, the worst thing about capcom recruiting "trusted" players to talk up their stuff isn't that they change peoples minds, rather it silences these players ability to be critical of these games.

It's probably no mistake that capcom only started to really push this strategy after SFxT.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It looks like a far more awkward and slower version of mvc(3) with less stuff and super bad character models

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zand posted:

after release is combofiend going to quit and make a budget smash clone

what wacky twist will he include that ruins the gameplay and/or will it be pixel art furies so no one pays attention to ti?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this loving game

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fellblade posted:

If they have all the time in the world, you are doing it wrong.

first thing you did wrong was play mvci, might as well tack on some more wrong at that point

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

brian posted:

So what games did neo_g mess up on because I know you can't possibly be saying that 3s isn't the greatest game ever made

he messed up on 3s

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the best part was they stuck him on a dead job. Instruction manuals have been bare bones or non-existent for years now.

they basically poo poo-canned him in the most japanese way possible.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i think games being good is more important than defending game series or publishers from criticism

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the best part of this stinking turd of a game is that capcom ain't even bothered to polish it, instead they are relying on a bunch of people to fellate them and tell people they should swallow the turd

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cams posted:

toy quality activism

how is it that you are so stridently anti-fascist but so pro mindless consumption at the same time. I mean, I know they two aren't really related, but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cams posted:

lol "pro mindless consumption"

your video game purchases are not a moral statement. they are video games. you buy the ones you want to play, there is nothing righteous about whining about them on the internet.

i liked sfv i'll probably like this.

all purchases are a moral statement under the system of capitalism

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cams posted:

~there is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism~

while this is true, I'd like to point out that anti or unethical things can be compared against each other. Some things are more wrong than others. Unless you would like to argue that being a poor consumer is exactly as bad as being a nazi anyway

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I mean. This is a simple thing to get into.

Do you, Cams, believe that your purchases have no effect on any other human being, do you, Cams, believe that your consumption exists in a void?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

tagging is cool but i'd rather have assists

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i don't understand how it's good to defend toys but bad to criticize them

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm not going to buy it the same way I haven't bought sfv

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the best thing about mvci is that you don't have to buy it, you don't have to play it, you can, and should, just ignore the bad game

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i laugh every time i remember tvc bursts

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah, but this game has tvc bursts lmbo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

tvc bursts and no assists

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anime was right posted:

the game looks better than it did, but it still looks mediocre at best

People still ain't using the burst.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

reminder that cams only likes bad video games and gets really pissed everytime anyone poo poo talks any video game he likes. Like, this is legit a person who throws fits about people criticizing modern bioware games.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

RevolverDivider posted:

Never forget Cams dedicating every minute of his waking life to having a month long meltdown in the Andromeda thread.

the best part is, because he only likes bad games that everyone else criticizes, he has decided that everyone else is wrong and only he is correct

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the irony is that i'd still probably play this game if i could get it for super cheap or better yet free and i had some actual competition. and of course if the bursts proved to not be a problem (they are going to be a problem).

this is mostly because I think ghost rider is probably a loving house in this game and also i like gamora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I would buy this if capcom saw 0 dollars from said purchase

• Locked thread