Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Race Realists posted:

holy poo poo, an actual story this time:stare:

also theyre TOTALLY ripping off Injustice trailers, and i loving love it

remember when MVC3 had cinematic trailers? that was supposed to be a "story" too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

InnercityGriot posted:

This guy is a known leaker, all his previous info has been right, this isnt some," my uncle works at Nintendo" poo poo". When the gently caress is revelator coming out, I can't do this poo poo with Capcom anymore.

Would be even more hilarious if, after everyone in his neogaf thread went and ordered this game immediately, were deflated to learn that his further posts detailed how certain characters like Chris "lost some things/moves"

I heard there are no assists in the game. Wtf? That's kind of a major part of the game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

King of Fighters 14 technically has a beat combo too but theres only one and you still need to do regular special moves

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is it just me or do they literally have the same voice lines and sounds, jesus how lazy can you get. They probably just dragged over everything into a new coat of paint so I guess that's why it's coming out so soon

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

i really dont have much a problem with this since FGs are always building off previous iterations, thats whatever, but if the time saved isnt used to give me more characters or idk SOMETHING that adds to the game, its bullshit

it's kind of disappointing that while MVC3 started off showing us Dante, Deadpool, Chris Redfield, and Dormammu---all of whom were very new and original guys to put in----this one shows off Ultron and Sigma, one who isn't really included in the game, both being space robot men. They don't seem as exciting. I need poo poo like Jack Baker, Gene, a Cyberbot, poo poo just put Loki in there.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

oh i agree, I mean gameplay wise he looks kind of cool, but he is ugly and actually everyone else is ugly and the ui is ugly and everything about the game is ugly and it sucks real bad

I'm fine with assets looking the way they do if the game is built well and has nice features and a big roster, sort of how I felt about KOF14. But I doubt MVC is going to have a roster that big. If it's like 50 characters then I'd be pleased, presuming that 25 of them aren't ones you have to pay for after the $60.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Race Realists posted:

https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/857285467343114245

they couldn't even get Laura Bailey back for chun-li :stare:

too busy doing the voice for the protagonist in Injustice 2

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

this one actually has lighting

the first gameplay demo did

now it just looks like plastic

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

http://kotaku.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-wants-even-newbies-to-have-a-1794685310

idk how I feel about each Stone having reusable constant traits like knockback attack or loving teleports, so now everyone can be Wesker. I really wish they didn't dumb it down to 2v2 and get rid of assists outside of tags/counter combo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't believe the Switch is getting the best fighting game of 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guilty Gear Xrd has a "stylish" mode that my friend uses when we play so that's something, but it still doesn't tell you HOW exactly to do things roman cancel, burst down, do advancing guards, etc etc. In some ways offering an "EZ Mode" might be bad because when you try to fight people who know how to do advanced poo poo you'll get wiped out. I think MVC3 had a mode like that.

It's good to have those options but it's weird to simplify an entire game, instead of just having a Stylish Mode.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

Injustass 2 is going to sell a buttload of copies to normies and if NRS supports it like they did MKX it will have a pretty good competitive scene until MKXI comes out.

I think if you have enough stuff to keep casual players interested like story mode, challenge mode, etc. you can basically do whatever you want with your competitive modes and still be successful.

The entire reason I feel Injustice 2 can get away with a "9 DLC characters + 1 preorder character" on day one is precisely this--the game will have a lot of poo poo right out of the gate to offer with all the modes therein. It took like a year for SFV to even give you an option to fight a loving CPU.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

story modes can be bad but I'd like stupid conquest modes more. it'd make sense with MVC and all the stupid locations and recruitment you could do. I was sad Heroes and Heralds was poo poo-tier. Killer Instinct's Shadowlords comes kind of close but the most fun I had with any extra fighting game modes were in Soul Caliber 3, which had gimmicky arenas and this big strategy-mode thing where you took forts and fought fighters for them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cams posted:

hm maybe the autistic nerds posting on an internet forum have differing preferences in video games than the hundreds of thousands of people they are trying to sell to

euthanize gamers

"autistic nerds"

:ironicat:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yeah that leak is fake without a doubt.

I look forward to eating my words though in a few months.

wasn't it literally leaked by the Ryce guy who was spot-on about the existence of MvCI in the first place though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

You do know that it is only the default roster, right?

Kamala Khan will prob be unlockable b/c she won't be important to the main story, which is what the default roster is based on.

lol there are no unlockable characters in games anymore.

Having a boring, mainly MVC3 roster but putting cool characters like Venom behind a DLC gate is a bad idea. Did they really learn nothing from SFV, which nickle and dimes you for every loving stage, costume, feature, and character?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

at this point it's just a legion of idiots taking the original rumor and stacking additional feet of bullshit on it again and again. none of it matters because every single new rumor sounds worse than the last. LOL if anyone thinks 3-month timespans for gobs of DLC is realistic let alone sane

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the demo is loving bad. story mode poo poo looks embarrassing. all the dialogue is just like:
"Mind if I use your guns, DANTE?"
"Anything for you, ROCKET"
"Hello, CHRIS REDFIELD"

Gameplay itself feels bad. I felt dashing was as if a magnetic force was holding me back they were so weak. I dont remember moves like Spencer's grabs being SO negative on block or whiff; a lot of Thor's moves were like that too in the demo and leads me to believe both will get stuffed. Movement in general just felt like a hosed up version of KOF mashed with MVC---it doesn't work. You can't charge X busters, either. The list just goes on but man this felt and looked like dogshit. Having the balls to put out this demo after DBFighterZ was on display is mindblowing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people just can't handle that capcom is Really Bad now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fellblade posted:

Unconstructively making GBS threads on something is never going to give you an improved end product or future product, it's just going to make people stop listening.

lol well then I hope capcom is getting used to making below their projections, like SFV.

bitching about problems usually fixes them when it comes to games that have a bad launch or something. NRS changed a fuckton of animation and facial constructions for Injustice 2, and even changed things like Batman's stance or Mr. Freeze's headgear when people complained. So yes it actually does work but that also requires a developer that's competent.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

in on the ground floor of another "im not mad!!!!" episode in the Puppetmaster Theater

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

you have like 20 probations for telling people to kill themselves

wow that rap sheet is worse than MvCI

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zand posted:

also the game has 11 frames of input lag I forgot that part

11 frames

is this why dashing around feels slow for me, because movement in general + some of the moves don't feel as snappy as MVC3

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Harlock posted:

Very few people likely play sub optimal teams because they like a character so I mean it's kind of true.

I mean if you're just going to focus on mechanics as identity then why even bother with the Marvel license, might as well may everyone look like they came from Rising Thunder

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

At least Dormammu is in the game and wasn't deleted + copied over someone else a la "a function"

I don't give a poo poo about firebrand and arthur, choose one and leave the other behind, way too many mvc3 layover.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"this mechanic will be divisive"

because it's poo poo? lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't believe there's only like, 4 new characters so far

I'm not even counting X because he's just Zero but without a cool sword

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Countblanc posted:

it kinda makes sense since MvC:I isn't really that chaotic to watch (from what we've seen) and a looooot more people care about and recognize Spider Man or Captain America than Karin or Abigail. if their intention is just to get people watching it makes sense to emphasize MvC:I since the SF people would probably watch anyway and this could bring in new eyes, if not just in youtube Recommended Links

they really should just gone full bore with a straightup Marvel game without all the Capcom characters, who are looking weaker and worse every month. From the advancing guard reflect that seems designed to gently caress up ALL the Capcom non-beam characters to the worst models mainly being Capcom (ChunLi, Dante, Frank) it seems like it would have been better received if this wasn't called MVC and was a Marvel fighter

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zand posted:

where's sentinel

or sentinel analogue

I suppose Antman/Giantman could possibly fulfill the niche of a big titanic character though it's not like he can dash around the air or do laser infinites? There's no easy replacement for Sentinel

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

brian posted:

So what games did neo_g mess up on because I know you can't possibly be saying that 3s isn't the greatest game ever made

didn't he leave to work on KOF14? that turned out pretty well

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Why didn't they put Jack Baker in goddammit. I wanted a level 3 super where he runs you over in a car

Jack and Leon would have been more fun than Chris and Nemesis again.

Bullseye and Daredevil also would have been cooler than Hawkeye and probably Gamora. Put in Drax to be the "wolverine function" and Ms. Marvel for the Dhalsim/Skrull "function" lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it blows my mind that this game is releasing with like 4 new characters on the base roster and still has the outdated Spencer. MVC3 had 20 brand new on the base roster plus around 10 other new ones for UMVC3 expansion.

Even Tekken 7 has more new base characters, and also sold more in 2 months than SFV did in an entire year so lol at MVCI's chances of matching that

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Race Realists posted:

there is not nearly enough :smug: in your post.

the people who do the most amount of bitching about will either

A. Bum their friends for a free copy while still bitching endlessly about the game on SRK.

B. Pirate the game while still bitching endlessly about it on SRK

C. Wait till the "complete" version comes out half price while bitching endlessly about the game on SRK.

or more realistically

D. Follow the Scene almost religiously on tourny Streams, make a bunch of toxic poo poo posts "HURR DURR $hills CapCucks :downs:" on the stream chat while bitching endlessly about the game on SRK

lol why do people always say this poo poo about bad games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'll buy this game when it's 20 bux and includes like 20 new characters in the roster because gently caress paying $60 for what looks like "MvC3 2v2 Edition"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Story trailer 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWnncuYXCE

" These newly added characters bring the final roster at launch up to 30 characters, with more post launch characters to be revealed in the future."

lol 30 characters. No Monster Hunter guy. Literally getting 4 new characters for a base roster mostly MVC3 repeats. You want new characters, gently caress you get ready to pay.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

It's 7 right? Black Panther, Gamora, Ultron, Yassss Kween Slay Drag Him Marvel, Jedah, X and Sigma. I guess that's almost a third of the cast. Not great, but I'd be interesting to see how it compares to how much of the roster was new in MvC3 by percent.

Gamora, Ultron, Cap Marvel, Jedah, X. I'm barely counting X since we had Megaman in previous games. That's 4 new characters on your base roster, with 2 other new ones being DLC from the get go. Not even Injustice 2 had the balls to withhold 2 characters at launch let alone 2 of the only 6 new characters in your game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Max beyond desperate to like this piece of poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gamora being the comic book version while Rocket went from his Australian VA to his movie VA is just another loving idiotic thing that bugs me. Just make them all cinematic universe or not, even Hawkeye got saddled with his godawful movie costume

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

voice actor strike or capcom being loving lazy as usual, pick one or both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Little Mac posted:

lol ya'll cried for like 30 pages about this game and it looks like it's gonna be awesome

there's only 4 new loving characters in this game and we went from 3v3 to 2v2 because capcom thinks baby can't handle it in the ESPORTS ARENA

game still garbage

• Locked thread