Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Chadina posted:

Apparently they posted an update on the campaign including the juiciest part of their game, the theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgjS532bsJE

This is just embarrassing now. I'm ashamed for HoopaDoobJoob, because they clearly have no shame of their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Don't despair guys, at least there's one game being made set in the French Revolution and actually featuring guillotines.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&pagenumber=4#post468059497

OP you should come work for me instead. I think my indiegogo will reach at least 850, possibly even 900 dollars!

Your game is probably more playable than theirs, too.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

lmao that AGDQ has raised more in like 30 minutes than this shitshow will from its entire sad campaign

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

The OP has a lot of choice posts in these threads, by this is my favorite part by far. Why would you go out of your way to advertise that you are setting your game in a specific time period, but then not make any connections to historical events in its storyline? I'm a huge history nerd and I love to throw my money away when it comes to things even vaguely historical, so this part just stood out like a sore thumb to me.

For the same reason they chose the name "Thermidor" despite not being accurate to the time period: "it sounds cool in Japanese"

what more reason do you need

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Earwicker posted:

does it though

no, not at all, but it does fall in line with all the other terrible decisions they've made

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aardark posted:

In case anyone didn't know, TheD has made it to the major leagues with a big 3D release on the PS4. :2bong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGuRHw8ij20

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/skylight-freerange-2-gachduine-psvita/

holy poo poo, I think I saw Cherry Venus in there in glorious three dimensions

hyperdevbox posted:

OK!

Anyway, the 2D animations for the dialogue screen are looking good, and it looks like we should be able to showcase them by Thursday!
We have also added some new cooler looking images to better introduce the characters, and also an improved timeline showing the first four battle stages.

I'll keep you updated!

So how about the actual gameplay, you know, the part anyone here would remotely give a poo poo about and the part you guys should probably work on before tightening up the graphics on dialogue windows

you know, the "tactical RPG" part of your Tactical JRPG

how's that part coming along

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 10, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So the police show up... And they fight the police? Then more police show up and imprison whoever doesn't get slaughtered on the spot, how does that lead to the next battle?

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 11, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Also, is the whole story narrated on tattered rolls of toilet paper? Is this some subtle commentary on the hygiene of 18th century France?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Wouldn't the Swiss Guards just beat the poo poo out of his dad and wreck the tavern? These were foreign mercenaries that answered only to the king they wouldn't give a gently caress.

Yeah, I don't see a way that this doesn't end immediately after the first "battle"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Saxophone posted:

Tbf, that poo poo was actually pretty funny.

Not as funny as them thinking that any of this is going to get people to give them money, either now or in the increasingly unlikely scenario that this shitpile would ever be completed

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

lmao, you have a "battle demo" that shows no actual battle

How do you still not get it, if there was anyone here that genuinely gave a poo poo and wasn't here to just be entertained by your continued incompetence, they wouldn't give a poo poo about how your dialogue windows work or how badly your japanese voice actors can mangle random bits of french

If you want people to be interested in your game, try developing the loving game and then showing them some of that

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Fructidor.exe is making Avast poo poo itself. Is there a way to whitelist it or something?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

There doesn't seem to be any penalty for guillotining those little fuckers, so to hell with the proletariat.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

JosephWongKS posted:

19 January 2017 - $1227 USD raised by 28 backers / 1% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

This is just barely 1/2%, rounding up to 1 is awfully generous.

DropsySufferer posted:

Ron your literal only fans are right here in this thread are you abandoning us and Thermidor?

Why are you talking about Thermidor in the Fructidor thread, make a new thread if you wanna talk about that poo poo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

lmao

Ron, get back here and face us, you pathetic coward

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mo-mos can you change the OP back to what it was originally, I disapprove of hypertimecube's reckless disregard for history, both here and in their lovely non game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Stumpus posted:

I love this portion of the OP. Well played Ron. Basically anything stupid you may read from Hyperdevbox was actually the insidious stealth editing of the oppressive mods.

We need some kind of artist's rendition of the HBD team frantically attempting to close this abortion of a thread.

It also needs a j-pop soundtrack backing it up

• Locked thread