Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think I have it set so that I can't receive messages from people that aren't on my friends list, which is something you might consider if that kind of thing bothers you

You pretty much have to do this now. The PSN spam is out of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Can I use this PSN card to renew or will it not work because it's from a foreign country?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Psn-Pl...dIAAOSww9xZI6da

Probably will only work if your account is from Spain. Maybe work in other European countries too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Seriously hahaha

That new metro game better be coming to PS4

Likely will, the first game was Xbox only but the remaster and sequel both came out for PS4 as well.

bubbapook posted:

It's honestly one of the worst product names I've ever seen.

Get me my XOXOX

Charlie xBOx

Edit: poo poo, that's what they're doing with the initials. A recursive acronym.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 11, 2017

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

Wait, so was Microsoft's end goal for the abreviation for the X Box One X to be XBOX?

Because that's real dumn.

I hope xbonx catches on.

Midjack posted:

Charlie xBOx

Edit: poo poo, that's what they're doing with the initials. A recursive acronym.

Looks like it. They would have been better served to just call it the xBox at this point, it's been long enough that there wouldn't be much confusion.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr President posted:

what? It's nohing to do with women in video games (who have been in video games since the industrys inception) I hope the next WW2 depicts the Nazis as being equal opportunity facists lead by a black woman and the allied forces were made up of transsexual Asian men. Because going through diversity checklists are more important than the truth right?

I'd actually play this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

No you want to play operation market garden for the 50th time

:goatdrugs:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Morby posted:

The Saboteur tried to do this. I played it on PS3. It was kinda mediocre, but I admired the core concept. I'd like another dev to take a stab at it.

Velvet Assassin tried too, though it was xbox and also not great.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Medullah posted:

I played through Rygar, a multi hour game with no save points and no passwords, many, many times as a child for these very reasons.

Part of the fun of emulation these days is playing through those absurd games with save states and cheats.

Oh god yes. Crushing those ball busting games is incredibly satisfying.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

Reminder that some people are currently playing V for the first time. Let's use spoiler tags if we actually talk about twists and endings :)

I liked it.

I haven't ever played 4, but my biggest beef I that I hear in that one that Ocelot wasn't actually possessed by Liquid, and only hypnotized himself into thinking he was? Which is maybe the dumbest thing ever.

but some day, I'm gonna get a PS3 and play MGS4 and Demon's Souls, and it's gonna rule.

I thought the deal with your issue in MGS4 above was he was possessed by Liquid when he had Liquid's arm grafted onto him between 1 and 2, but when the arm was replaced by a bionic arm between 2 and 4 he did the self-hypnosis thing to fool the Patriots.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

Because pretty much noone knows or cares about the Yakuza games compared to, say, GTA. There's a reason it took so long for SEGA to translate 3 and 4. Japanese games in general tend to get a pass for stuff like that. Possibly because of my first point. Only recent one that I remember getting some flack was MGSV, and that game was pretty high-profile.

If there hadn't been so many promotional materials featuring Quiet nobody would have said anything about Metal Gear either.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I am getting violent, yes.

I will soon thrust my clenched fist up your goonpig rear end and rip your entrails out through the ruined orifice.

text me

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Senran Kagura Estival Versus

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Do they still sell those remotes at the dollar store that are the size of legal pads

Yes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

I would definitely watch "Lego Dawn of the Dead - A Hideo Kojima Movie".

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

More firmware 5.0 features:

-Batch leave message groups (is this really a problem lots of people need help with?)

If you haven't locked messaging down to friends only then the PSN spam has gotten so bad that you'd take forever to clean up otherwise.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

I mean, is there any reason to go to the trouble of cleaning out that screen beyond a desire to not see old messages? Is this one of those things like cloud uploads where eventually it gets full and breaks?

If you're in other groups they fall off the bottom of the screen because of the nonstop bot spamming. It's really irritating until you finally give up and go friends only.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It looks like the only benefit adult accounts get is immunity to parental controls and the ability to be designated a parent so they can set parental controls for child accounts. The current Master will probably be automatically converted to an adult. Beyond that you can have as many child accounts as you want and just not restrict them. You only have to throw money at them if you want more than one person to independently restrict the child accounts.

Still sucks.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Grey posted:

I still haven't played MGSV: Ground Zeroes that I got on PS+. Does it still make sense to play that before Phantom Pain, or should I just skip it?

Yes, play it. It feeds directly into Phantom Pain and kind of explains how Snake ended up where he did at the beginning of PP.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zen Death Robot, I assume.

Zdr is the goon whose posts disappeared so I doubt he's too interested in fixing the forums anymore.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

WHAT?! :vince: holy poo poo, where have I been?

Is there a thread where I can read about this poo poo??

Yeah, I was wrong about what happened. From another person who actually researched:

Mr. Nice! posted:

crossposting here from a discussion thread in yospos, but i was curious about the supposed drama and what happened to zdr after the hosting outage so i actually went through every bit of that stupid thread in gbs. there are a few funny photoshops but holy poo poo the first third to half of it is nigh unreadable. there was a lot of whining at lowtax and he started banning a bunch of people including bbg which caused more people to jump in and carepost resulting in bans. after most of the concern trolls from imp zone were banned lowtax made a joke about cleaning house and zdr made a joke back that he should take him out too. i personally read it as sarcasm as a bunch of his posting pals had been banned for being dinks. around this time someone at steadfast hit the emergency off which killed everything in one of their dcs. something happened at the time that corrupted zdr's post history, but he wasn't banned and didn't quit. he even came to the thread, said he wanted no part in any drama and is still working on fixing poo poo in the database that got hosed up by the power being pulled from every server.

there are a few really funny photoshops/gifs in there, though like:

and this guy made a few good ones:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836478&userid=25825

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Akuma posted:

I still like the Assassin's Creed games and have played at least 10 hours of all of them, except Unity. I've 100%-ed maybe half of them.

They're alright. Not amazing but fun enough. I'm glad they took a year off but Syndicate did feel different enough to feel kind of fresh two years ago (the controls were almost totally revamped, it had two playable characters with different styles, the structure was different, etc.)

I want a new Syndicate game like Syndicate Wars.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also TLoU multiplayer is loving brutal, considering they use the same kill animations from the single player game, including the one where the person has a panicked look on their face and holds their hands up pleading before you shoot them in that face and turn it into chunks of lifeless meat. Also the one where they're crawling around helplessly on all fours because your previous attack has already given them significant brain damage or blinded them permanently and then you stomp on their neck and blast them in the back of the head.

Fun times

Yup, not ever playing this one, thanks for this warning.

Renoistic posted:

I'm encoding the writing and acting in Hellblade but it's pretty drat depressing.

Loving this autocorrect.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Don't forget the bug (feature?) that doesn't let you download comparably small files if you don't have over 100GB free. Much bigger hassle with the smaller drive.

Haha yes, that's a good one, Sony.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kaworu posted:

You guys have good suggestions but you don't get how *incredibly* stubborn Jackie is. And like I said, she basically... well, I can more or less translate the various meows, grunts, purrs, and... She honestly makes sounds with human like cadence. When she's on the PS4 and I so much as pet her once or put my hand(s) out like I mean to pick her up and she makes this plaintive and sad sound which (literally) means "I'm REALLY comfortable where I am and I'mma be REALLY pissy for at least 12 hours or so if you move me so PLEASE let me sleep on the drat heating box!"

And what am I to say to that? It just breaks her heard when I throw her off the PS4.

Another thing - this morning I've tried to be more proactive in keeping her off of it, and twice I have returned from the kitchen with coffee or whatever and found her in MY SPOT. You guys probably know what I mean. I have a spot on my bed adjacent to the small table where I keep my laptop and have visibility of the television hooked up to the PS4. I can play PC games with mouse/keyboard, PS4 games, watch movies on either my monitor or my real TV screen, I can lie down or sit up and there's even room for someone else (dating queer male gamers when you already are one rules). She NEVER takes my spot like that unless she's being ironic or cheeky and making a point, which I think she is doing.

Anyway. Cats :cry:

I really think I either have to buy an overpriced stand or let her sleep on it. I can't believe you guys have never had a cat so free willing that he/she is capable of imposing their will on you at times. It's not like I'm weak, I just... view her as a slightly vindictive ~3-year-old child. So I can't really fling her around the room or yell at her - not only does it not work, it erodes the good parts of our relationship - such as her being a fantastic cuddly-kitty. One has to weigh these things...

Pussy whipped ain't the word.

Piss on your PS4 then piss on your cat if she returns to it after you marked it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NKVD: Kill More Russians Than Any Other VD!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fridge corn posted:

For those keeping score at home I don't pay for a tv licence either

watch out for the vans

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

DRIVER owned because of how much of a terrific shitshow the physics were.

Just, like, a cop car would flip over cresting a hill and slide for 4-5 blocks before coming to a stop.

The physics were fun but I hated that if you were speeding by 1mph you got four cops up your rear end trying implacably to ram you to death. The "follow the boat" mission was what made me put the game down when it displayed YOU LOST IT when I could see the loving thing pulling into the dock.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

seems kind of abrupt

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Meh, Asian English means no chance of a western release and importing is expensive :(

Don't count it out yet; Bandai-Namco has brought over two Gundam games now after they got Asian English releases.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lets hang out posted:

Millions of Japanese elementary schoolers are hardcore enough to monhun on handhelds but 30 year old console players in the west just can't wrap their heads around it

I think it's more that they can't wrap their fingers around it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah it will run offline and player tendency will function but not world tendency, I think. I dunno if just that is enough to platinum it.

Also, they still claim they’re gonna shut down Gravity Rush 2’s servers despite having just released a greatest hits edition last week. Aren’t it’s online functions necessary for some trophy?

I think it was just costumes that require Dusty Coins that are only available doing things online.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

So, to anyone who's played the original version, what issues do you think the new Version of Dragon's Crown will fix? I never played it so I don't know what was a problem.

The character designs were too tame and needed to be way more exaggerated.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Hi, I can just sign up for the PlayStation Store and buy cheap xmas sale games while they're on sale and then just sign into my new PS4 when it arrives?

Just bought FIFA and AssCreed Origins via Australia's new Amazon store :3:

Yes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fix posted:

It got deleted. What was it?

Someone horsing around in LA Noire VR. Probably got popped for pointing the revolver back at themselves.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That's it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Anora posted:

I know the basics I need a better understanding of the advanced stuff. I can keep boost dashing, but how do I get the turn A to throw it's chest nuke, or shoot the big laser from it's beat rifle?

There's also little things like why no subtitles? At all. Everything is in Japanese and there are no subtitles. Also why are song names untranslated? Where is the Alex, or Gundam X?

Just checking, but you got the north american release and didn't eBay a Japanese disc, right?

And there's going to be a ton of dlc for the game, including new units.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I bought it on sale and didn't regret it. But I can't really recommend it unless you're a fan of the first game. I platinum'd the first game but definitely won't do the same with GR2. I did unlock all the online-specific stuff though.

How long did that take? I have gr2 but haven't yet started and am wondering if it's worth force marching through before they kill the servers.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gravity Rush 2 has just announced that they will turn off the servers at 1am EDT on July 19, giving us another six months!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

^^^^That's pretty significant. To me.

Counterpoint. Dark souls on a plane. I could make a 6 hour flight disappear instantly with DS. Depends on what you want/need of course

Make your battery disappear pretty quickly too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We can get fishmech and Supermechagodzilla in here if you want pedantry.