Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Can't decide what I think of For Honor. The peer to peer connection is terrible, the fights are mostly emotionless, but every once in a while I have an awesome one with someone who knows how to play.

Mostly still a disappointment I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bombadilillo posted:

Every time I see Horizon I get less excited for it. Then I saw the gameplay with a ubitsoft iconsalad map and im just...unless it has great reviews Im going to skip. I feel like it was a more direct experience until it got popular from awesome trailers and got AAAified.

Nah it was always like this.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm watching a Horizon video on gameriot and the other dialogue is not nearly as cringey as that suicidal guy. Not good, but passable.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sunning posted:

You can take a European developer out of Europe but you can't take the Euro-jank out of a European developer.

Rockstar is a European developer. But yeah if people can tolerate stuff like Final Fantasy 15 then Horizon should be no problem.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Eidos is not going to get to make another Deus Ex game, which means we'll never get closure on all those dangling plot points :qq:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

They're doing a Guardians of the Galaxy game and helping with Tomb Raider. Deus Ex didn't sell well enough.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Crazy how 2 of the best single player FPS games in forever came out last year (DOOM and TF2)

Is there any other interesting single player FPS games coming out??

Nothing new but BF1's single player is surprisingly great. I liked it better than TF2 and Doom.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally got my Platinum headset, despite pre-ordering from Amazon on day 1. It's a step up from the Golds, sound quality and location detection are better and build quality is nice, but it's not a huge enough upgrade to recommend it unless your Golds are disintegrating like mine were.

The improvements really help in audio-dependent games like RS Siege. And UC4 "3d sound" was cool, but not mindblowingly different than regular/virtual surround. I had to check the audio options to see if it was even on.

And I should note that I had to max out the headband size to make it fit, which I didn't have to do on the Golds. So if you also have a freakishly large melon, beware.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

There should have been a part where Trico knocks a big rear end HD tv over.

Do you need a photo of one for reference

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Got three ps4 invites for Ghost Recon closed beta starting tomorrow. Friend leidend on Uplay (not psn) and post here if you want one.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

zenintrude posted:

I added you... zenintrude on Uplay and PSN

Uplay is turbo hosed right now but will send an invite when possible.

edit: ok sent

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 2, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zipperelli. posted:

drat, if you still have one I'll take it. Sent a request on uplay. Same name.

Last one's yours.

Always surprised by how little goon demand there is for closed beta access when frantic redditors would probably chop off a finger for one.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

I'd love one if someone ends up with an extra. I'm super curious about Ghost Recon it looks fun.

You posted three times in this thread before Zipperelli claimed the last one :/ They're really hard to get

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Getting a full psn refund on NMS in a country with no consumer rights was so satisfying. gently caress that game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

blackguy32 posted:

Ghost Recon Wildlands is definitely a winner. Went from a probably buy to a preorder.

Yeah I was expecting major jank and mediocre graphics but it's beautiful and slick and fun. Only question now is if I want it digital or not.

Combat is a little thin but more fun than expected.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Beastie posted:

I'm skeptic because it looks like The Division in a jungle. Or is it thrid person old school Ghost Recon's "go gently caress those dudes up over there while your bro covers you from the other side?"

I really, really don't like the Division but had lots of fun with this. Taking out several enemies together adds that Ghost Recon feeling that I thought would be non-existent. One shot kills help a lot.

Was in a party with blackguy32 and another guy from the start though, not sure how it is by yourself.

Flying is weird, like it'll just suddenly stop listening to your directions and you can't do poo poo.

I almost don't want to play the beta anymore so I can just experience everything for the first time in the full game. But if that's just one zone then the full game is gonna take hundreds of hours?!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Beastie posted:

My little brother and I used to play some much of the OG Ghost Recon on Ps2. Every Saturday morning was us getting up and playing split screen as we crouched our way through piles and piles of Russian separatists.

I want that.

You could definitely play like that if you wanted.

"Too deep" is still a well used inside joke between my brother and I, who was like 10 years old when those original games came out and is now a federal agent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxNJar6LCRI

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Beastie posted:

I picked up Rainbow Six and Steep at launch and regret nothing.

I can't even remember what game gave Ubisoft a "don't buy at launch" reputation to Quantum of Phallus. There's been the famous graphical downgrades (no longer done) but launch issues...?

Ubi's been my fav developer lately.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

OK yeah haha. I hated Unity at launch too but even it was patched up and I ended up finishing it many months later. Ubi had a really dark time but you can see they've made real steps to improve their rep in their more recent releases.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My rented wedding tux was so oversized the photos are laughable now but I hope that was because everyone hadn't quite started dressing like Don Draper yet.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ghost Recon is considerably less fun by yourself/with pubbies. :/

Fuckin beautiful through with hdr light going through the tree canopy etc.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Feenix posted:

I've been lucky with pubbies today. Lots of cooperative gents.

Good, satisfying moments landing a chopper, getting into position, using your drone to mark enemies, tagging them, then manually trying to time your shots and just watching 4 dudes drop to headshots. Good times.

I just got kicked for getting tired of a never ending Unidad battle where everyone but me kept dying.

I think that's it for me today.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

J-Spot posted:

Maybe if all you care about is rushing through the story missions, but I'd say the open world adds more to it than most other games of this type. Getting the collectables was fun and keeping the players distracted with a map full of stuff enables the seamless multiplayer. You need a nice detailed world for the hide-and-seek style invasion mode.

Not to mention it was a treat for anyone familiar with San Francisco. Exploring the city and seeing how they re-created it was one of my fav parts about the game. Same with GTA V.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I said come in! posted:

Does Boost Mode make Deus Ex: Mankind Divided playable?

It already had a pro patch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

AllisonByProxy posted:

Can someone with that Samsung KS8000 tell me exactly how wide the feet are apart? I'm used to tvs with a centralized base and I need to know if it will fit on my entertainment stand.

Almost exactly a metre/39 and a bit inches on the 65"

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Still not sure how I feel about Ghost Recon. Definitely has some issues, combat is too thin, world is too serious.... but I did have a few fun moments, like this spontaneous slaughter with random pubbies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtpngGuUOOA

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ometeotl posted:

So, uh, doesn't Boost Mode go against the whole "Pro players can't have an advantage in multiplayer" thing Sony said?

That was never a thing. BF1 for example has always been way better on Pro.

Cerny just straight up lied about poo poo

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

I am by no means saying the new Zelda won't be good, but when people talk about it being so amazing looking I kind of can't help but wonder what specifically looks so amazing about it. Or is the concept of a new Zelda game the amazing part? I haven't seen anything too exciting in the videos they have shown. poo poo, the first video they showed literally nothing happened. Just link running around a totally barren last gen looking landscape for 2 minutes and everyone was like "WOAHHH HOLY poo poo MIND BLOWING!" It looks aight I guess.

It probably looks amazing if you only play Nintendo games I guess. They haven't experienced open world games yet.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

kirbysuperstar posted:

Uh. I mean, Xenoblade for one thing. It's not like the Wii U didn't have any. I mean hell, it launched with ports of Arkham City and AC4.

I mean like GTA/Ubi open world, which Zelda looks like.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I bought a Pro.

Hi.

I'm a Pro now.

Not a true pro until you have a 65" KS8000 or LG OLED.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm liking the For Honor "beta" (the weekend before it releases, lol) enough to buy it this time, which is weird because I didn't like it much at all in the closed beta. A few tweaks do wonders.

You'd think it would appeal to the soulsborne crowd, but nary a whisper here.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ineffiable posted:

It's probably getting slightly overlooked because the true game that appeals to the soulsborne crowd is NIOH.

True. I always get a much bigger rush from beating actual people rather than AI so I'll take For Honor any day.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BisterdDave posted:

Just bought Elder Scrolls Online from walmart.com for $3.76 w/free shipping. If all I want is more Elder Scrolls, will this purchase be justified?

Nah, it's a terrible MMO. I bought it for the same reason and regret it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Downloaded it last night so should be checking it out soon

Are all of you pretty well sold on it day 1? Does it seem like it'll have decent longevity/replayability

I have pre-ordered digitally because I expect to play it for a long time. It has way more depth than it seems at first, and the RS Siege model is the way all multiplayer games should work from now on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sheep posted:

At least you didn't pay full price for it.

Or Defiance. With the season pass.

... still bitter.

We all have our regrets. I paid $130 Cdn for The Division, and $80 for The Order.

Also just paid $300 insurance deductible because someone hit my parked car and didn't leave a note, so #yolo #moneyismeaningless

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

El Jebus posted:

The DLC path is similar to Siege. The season pass gives you early access to DLC but it is eventually free for everyone.

If it's like Siege it'll take a lot of playing to unlock new characters without a season pass, but I always had enough rainbow bux to do so.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm surprised For Honor doesn't support HDR. Still looks great though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This last FH beta turned me around on it. Wasn't going to get it, now pre-ordered.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

For Honor dominion is no more moba than bf conquest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bloodychill posted:

Shohreh Aghdashloo is probably the most well known Iranian-American actor in the west (she's been in the Expanse, 24, and the Star Trek Movies) and she usually plays Indian or Pakistani characters :saddowns:

And while Iranians are Caucasian and "white," we still look pretty brown even if blue eyes are not totally uncommon.

My wife is half white half Indian, and we live in a Persian neighbourhood. The Persians think she's one of them.