Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ellaybee posted:

Bloodborne is NOT good.

It's great.

good to know tony the tiger's opinions on the subject

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the number of people that have the trophy for beating the first boss of literally any game is really depressingly. this is not a difficulty thing that is an exclusive of games like dark souls; people just don't beat most of the games they buy on average

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that game's like 40 hours tops

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

every souls game has taken me about 40 hours on my first run, including my first one

guess I just assumed that was average, idk

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can cheese the ending trophies with a separate save

beating the game on your first run and doing all the chalice dungeons that fast would probably require you to have seen the game before tho. at least it would for me

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I won't believe rdr2 isn't getting delayed until it's actually out

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Godamnit why won't my Bloodborne patch ever finish downloading? Every other minute or something I get notified that it can't complete the update.

maybe you need to free up space on your harddrive?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

part of the story is that the process of becoming a witcher deadens your emotions. it's in the books the games are based on, even. I don't get how he's creepy but I have heard other people that didn't like geralt's va, so it's probably not that uncommon. I like his va, personally

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I liked abzu but yea it's not journey. the story is just kinda there. at least you get to be bffs with a great white shark, just like I always wanted when I was a small child. now I just need to befriend a t-rex and I'm set

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought that that was actually just bullshit anti-witcher propaganda in the books and the games.

no, it's a real thing

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the pro controller is about the price of a ps4/xbox controller and the switch itself comes with everything else you need (the pad, the dock, the 2 baby controllers)

idk, the price seems fine to me for a midway between a handheld and a home console. if you're coming at it from the angle of a pure home console, maybe it's not worth it. but for me the switch is an upgrade to my 3ds/vita that can also work as a vita tv. the launch lineup sans zelda seems pretty dire tho for sure, unless they've announced more since last night's stream. I'd hope it would at least have a selection of current gen ports available at launch. if not then I don't see a reason to adopt early unless you're way into zelda, but I definitely am gonna buy one and it'll probably be this year

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ps4 controllers are $60 and the pro controller is $70. I'd love to know where you're getting a $30 ps4 controller that's not on sale

e: seriously, if you have a link to some $30 controllers that'd be rad

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 14, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

lmao ya $10-30 less than 70/80 is obviously 30-60 and not u no 50-60

edit: wait how the gently caress do you get to $30 from $70 even with your made up numbers to make me sound like an rear end in a top hat

$10-30 cheaper; 10 to 30 dollars cheaper

if you meant that some other way, I'm sorry but that's how I read it. also I was subtracting from the ps4 cost instead of the pro cost because I'm dumb. the pro controller isn't $80 also

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the joycon comes with the system. you don't need to buy more

you're right that controllers are expensive tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I wish it had backwards compatibility as well since I haven't owned a nintendo console that wasn't a handheld since the gamecube

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bought my ps4, vita, and 3ds for 1 (one) game each. but then again, I'm very stupid

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the switch is gonna supplant the vita. I don't think the 3ds is going anywhere just yet, tho that might be the end goal of the switch

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what is the launch lineup anyway? so far as I'm aware, zelda's the only one that's confirmed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I feel like the switch ad is an inaccurate representation of someone who would bring a Nintendo system to a rooftop party.

nintendo's big failing is that they got caught on this casual market thing and don't realize that that crowd is nebulous at best and not something you can market a $300 dedicated video game console to. even if they buy it, most won't buy another game with it so it'll just be the 1 2 switch platform or w/e. they got lucky with the wii, yea, but they should really start looking to the market that actually props them up (ie the people that buys games)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

considering how good phone games have gotten at constant engagement mixed with the fact that everyone is already going to have a smart phone i can't imagine what could possibly happen that would cause nintendo to capture that market again

since 1 2 switch isnt a pack in i dont really see how the switch is gonna become the 1 2 switch platform

that game not coming with the system makes zero sense. that's the whole reason wii sports took off like it did

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gamestop has put the wrong game in the box a couple times but other than that they've been fairly solid for me. I don't buy from them often tho since their selection is awful

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Attitude Indicator posted:

how will sony step up after the reveal of nintendos sweet HD-Rumble?

vita 2 coming soon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Look forward to the Switch Micro

the vita's already out

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

True, i'll wait and see where the Switch is in a year. I can't afford one anyways because you have to buy not just the system, but a SD card (you're going to need a real big one if not multiple), and you're going to really want the new Pro controller that Nintendo made.

wait does it not come with memory? lmao every single thing I hear about this thing reinforces the vita comparison, it's incredible

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

It has a 32 gig internal storage and takes Micro SD up to 128 gigs, so I can drop like $50 and get the max storage as opposed to Vita which charged me like $100 for 64.

rabidsquid posted:

32gb of internal storage but thats not gonna cut it obviously

oh ok, so it's a current vita and not a launch vita that came with literally no way to save your game

the price in memory has just shifted over to the peripherals

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

robot dinosaurs...

are cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nioh will probably be at least decent if they made improvements over the beta. play that next month

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nioh's different enough to where I don't think I'd feel burned out playing it like I did with dark souls 3. they take the formula and do their own thing with it

I didn't like the alpha much but the beta was a lot better and I was enjoying myself a fair bit by the time I got to the boss (which I didn't really like much). if the full game is as improved as the beta was over the alpha, nioh's shaping up to be a very solid game and probably the best souls imitator

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the first one is short and honestly kinda disappointing

I don't think from has mentioned anything about pro patches

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's def the worst dlc from has put out for a souls game. it's not bad but every other time they've done dlc, its been better than the base game. this time around it's just a solid level with some decent bosses and weapons

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Morby posted:

Wait, wait, wait there is gonna be an Onimusha sequel? I played the gently caress out of Onimusha Warlords back in the day and really liked it!

he's talking about nioh; there's no onimusha sequel

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I am insanely down for another otogi game in general

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bloodychill posted:

It's prime time for them to completely gently caress up the FF7 remake.

that's a nomura game so you won't see them gently caress that up for at least another 5 years

kingdom hearts 3 got pushed into next year as well

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really wonder when development first started on kh3 because that could be way older than ff15 even. kh2 was in 2005 and what followed was a bunch of handheld/mobile games

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I'm pretty sure FF7R will come sooner rather than later, what with CyberConnect2 being involved on the grunt work.

it's not coming out this year so what counts as sooner for you

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the nfs hot pursuit game that criterion made was fairly similar to burnout. the sad truth tho is that burnout didn't sell as much as need for speed, which is why criterion got put on that series instead. now criterion is a shell of its former self, if it even exists at all anymore

best hope for another game like that is for some indie studio to put it out as a download only title tbh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that's why I didn't like burnout paradise much compared to takedown or revenge

they could just remaster either of those games and I'd buy them. get on it ea

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Phantom Pain isn't finished properly?

Don't spoil nothing still 3℅ in

if you played peace walker, phantom pain's story is kinda like that. you hit an ending but after the credits you open up more missions. a lot of them are repeats of previous missions with special conditions to them, but you unlock some story stuff for completing enough of those that act as epilogues for some of the cast

some stuff was obviously cut tho so there are big gaps in the narrative surrounding some of the characters

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mgs5 isn't even a little bit an rpg

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Do you mean when you replay the beginning?

Because hoo-boy, once was enough. Or is there another scene I'm forgetting?

I assume he's talking about the jeep ride

tho you can skip that entirely, unlike what you're talking about, since it's a cutscene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a really good game with a really barebones story. I didn't like the repeat missions but there's a bunch of content before you ever get that far so it doesn't feel like padding

I don't think it's disappointing as a game at all but I do think they took the backlash from the mgs4 cutscenes to heart a little too much. mechanically, it's the most satisfying stealth game I've ever played