Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

With or without 4K

PS4 Pro all the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Shadow225 posted:

Make sure you are set to receive promotional emails from Playstation in your account. This is also applicable for the discounts they send out randomly.
Do you do that on the web version or in the system settings?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm really excited to finally play Until Dawn. Was really close to buying it.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm kinda thinking of getting Diablo 3: The Eternal Collection cause it seems like that's all my friends are playing and the couch co-op is good.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I have a gaming pc so I will tell you guys how much cuphead sucks when it comes out.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I've owned my gold headphones since launch and use them almost everyday. They are in mint condition and my only complaint was figuring out L/R in low lighting. I still have my PS3 headphones but I noticed the foam has flattened.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have both a PS4 Pro and a Switch and enjoy them both.
Same here. Great systems.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

NBA Playgrounds worth $16 CAD? Is it modern NBA Jam?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

If you liked the show Taboo, you'll like freedom cry I guess.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Do PS+ memberships go on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday? I can't remember and I'm out of Plus.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Wolf2 is 50% off on Amazon and I'm debating if I need to stack another game on my holiday backlog.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Boxing Day has the same sort of sales as Black Friday? I missed some titles when they were on sale. I'm talking physical releases cause I'm still lame like that.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

does anyone have any idea what Death Stranding is supposed to be about because I sure as hell don't
It's an open world third person shooter where the online community pieces together the narrative and game puzzles like PT. You play Norman in a coma who thinks he is trying to save his baby boy by taking down 5 angels. When in reality, he's being manipulated by Del Toro and fed lines to do his bidding while in this alternative reality. Your mission is to take down the 5 angels/ludens which are played by other famous actors. The player questions good and evil, the origin of man, and all that esoteric/exoteric fun conspiracy theory/mystery school stuff. In the end you realize you are the bad guy when it's already too late.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Whatever it is has to got be worse than death if the response to getting captured is trying to kill yourself as quickly as possible any way you can.
I think since in the last trailer it showed a dude aging real fast that they might be able to reborn as a baby when they die. I think it has a death/rebirth mechanic. Reminds me a lot of the ending of space odyssey 2001.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The game is about stem cell research.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Got gifted a $50 psn card. Never play online so dunno if I値l renew my ps Plus. Wonder if there will be a Boxing Day sale. Only game I want is nier but rather get physical unless the discounts get deep on digital. We値l see.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I read more about video games than actually play them. What the gently caress is wrong with me?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Finally got around to playing The Fractured But Whole. Noticed I'm getting weird animation stuttering on frames from cinematic sequences. I would get this problem when watching 2D animation and some movies over plex too but that was on my launch PS4. My PS4 Pro is giving the same problem. Wonder if it has to do with my TV settings?? It's strange..

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I rebuilt my database and now I'm downloading every single patch again. Is that normal?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Possibly? They are all to games and apps I haven't played in a while. It says it is going to take 14 hours to finish.

Also, all those annoying icons like PS Now and Buy Destiny 2 popped up. Ew.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Snak posted:

When I rebuilt my database, it allowed a bunch of stuff that previous was unable to be downloaded to install. Including an entire game. It didn't leave enough room to open an app, though, and I had to go delete some of it.
That seems about right. Maybe I should stop some of this stuff and do some early spring cleaning. My Pro is close to full and I barely play games.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I have Nier coming in the mail next week. I got it very cheap. Is the DLC worth it? Maybe I should throw Taro san a bone.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I loved Y0 and excited for Y6 in the spring. I知 also stoked to start Nier. Should be in the mail this week.

Got kinda sick of the new South Park game. Found the fighting to be better in Stick of Truth. Maybe it値l be good to take a break.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

PS4 Pro seems to be stuttering all video playback from games and Plex. Could this be a HDMI issue?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I dunno what motion flow is and if my old Bravia has it. I shut off the PS4 and unplugged the HDMI cord. Didn't see any bent teeth. Plugged it back in and the stuttering seems to be gone. I never got any problems with my Switch plugged into the same TV but I don't believe any of the games I play with it show video cut scenes.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Didn't find the setting under picture adjustment. Not sure if my TV would have it. It's a 2007 or 2008 Bravia.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I got automata after Christmas for $35 cad off amazon but it got stolen in the mail or delivered at the wrong address (the mailman is on vacation). Thankfully amazon is sending me a replacement this week. Can稚 wait!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wait... You just plain don't get the mail when your individual mailman goes on vacation?
No. The temp guy just loses everything or delivers it at the wrong address. Had the same mailman for 30 years...when he goes on vacation, everything falls apart. Gotta move when he retires.

By the way found "CineMotion" buried in a sub menu. I guess they rebranded it to "MotionFlow" in 2010. Hopefully it fixes the problem.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

I lived in a house. it was 10125 Baker Ct. One street over was 10125 Baker Pl.

Mother fuckers couldn't have shifted the numbers? The result was any time a sub mailman existed I had to walk over a block. They did too, luckily they were nice people so I wasn't worried about them stealing poo poo. I would get amazon "delivered" notifications. Walk outside and see I had to walk a block.
Yeah. Mine is a North and South case. I never get their mail but they usually get mine and walk it over. I don't think they would ever steal anything so maybe I'll end up with two copies of Automata.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I felt the same way during the first 5 hours and then it picks up. Story gets funnier and the game play goes off the rails with boss fights.

It痴 still way more Ubisoft this time around with crafting and slowly unlocking powers to open up the map. I知 about 13 hours in and plan on completing it but not doing the extra poo poo.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah it was bit of a disappointment compared to Stick of Truth. Keep in mind the first game was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and this one was made by Ubisoft San Fransisco which makes crappy rhythm game expansions. Ubisoft developed game = soulless. I'm just trying to crush through it so I can start Automata.

By the way, I want to play Automata for the story. Will I get penalized if I play it at a lower difficulty?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Nier: Automata update:

I have been playing for two days now. Just finished Adam and Eve first encounter? Already got an idea where the game is going story wise I think. Specially after watching the Alien and Bladerunner series recently. Keep wanting to play more because of the world but drat the game looks and controls like a PS3 title and has slow down on my Pro. Also, why do I suck so bad at this game. I even die on easy...am I supposed to enable a chip so it auto fights for me or were you guys exaggerating.

Anyways, can't wait to finish it one time through and get to the David Icke parts.

btw music is my favourite part of this game. I want the soundtrack!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

NieR runs at 60, I believe, but there is some judder.
Yeah a bit of judder at points when I guess the map is loading.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

pretty sure the game playing itself for you thing isn't a joke for easy mode
Yeah. I didn't know about the whole chip system until now and how you have to activate things.

Bombadilillo posted:

The real gameplay is in your chip set.
Can't believe I got this far in the game without knowing about this stuff.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Labo shares the space of PSVR except it's cheaper and the games are even more half assed.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm having trouble navigating to places in Nier: A. The map is confusing but I think that's the point? Is there a way to tell if a quest is for the main story or a side quest? Am I supposed to do everything first way through? I see there are a bunch of places and things that I'm locked out of like these chests placed in different places. So many questions but I keep playing and I find I'm just wrestling with the map and invisible walls to get where the red dots are.

I might look at walkthroughs soon cause I suck at dealing with the jank. Otherwise, love the game's presentation and story.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I finished Route A in Nier and enjoyed the boss battles. Starting Route B which is a cool change but makes me scratch my head wondering what in the world Route C will be. I want to finish this quick to find out.

e: oh wait, I think I figured it out: Play as Pascal Hope I'm wrong.

Housh fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 21, 2018

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

Very. Strap yourself in.

:krad: excited!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Just finished Route B in one sitting. Saved it but wont start Route C until tomorrow cause that's a lot of gaming. Haven't gotten into a game like this in a while. Hope Route C builds more on the story and lore.

Also, how long is Route C play through compared to the other two? I found B to be much shorter than A cause I already had most of the side quests done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

el oso posted:

Route C owns. It's maybe 6 hours or so? You might want to clear out a good chunk of time before you start it, it opens with a bang and never really lets up until the end.
Holy poo poo. Yeah. I think I'll take a couple days off before I start Route C. Route B felt like 4 hours or so with no side quests.