Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

EDF is chill as gently caress in a diablo way until you play on hardest or inferno difficulty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

PSN store and the PS+ page have been stuck on "please wait..." for two weeks and I'm getting pissed off. No error reports, and it persists no matter what.

For the last month if I go to anything in my library and press X on it, I get a never-ending Please Wait screen.

If it's installed, I can press Options on it and hit Start Application and it's all good.
If it's not installed, I can use the PSN store (which works maybe 75% of the time for me, unless I've played a game since turning the PS4 on in which case lol better reboot!) and their horrible search feature to find it and reinstall it.

The desktop website gives me a HTTP 500 error when I try to log in, but the mobile site works (though it's absurdly slow).

I have no idea what the gently caress anymore.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I bought a ps4 pro and it is huge.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Holy poo poo when was Full Throttle announced?! Preordered for under a tenner on the UK store.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Definitely around ages ago

Somehow missed it entirely, had no idea it was coming out.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I bought Persona 5 on a whim and it's kinda fun, and it's my first JRPG since I played Final Fantasy VII about fifteen years ago and wondered what the hell the hype was about. Dear god it felt like about two hours before I was actually able to play the game. So many cutscenes, loading screens every thirty seconds or so for ten minutes on end, and mashing X through some really, really bad dialogue. I like the combat, but is there any way to see the turn order and not just who's going next? And do enemies always endlessly respawn?

I just finished the first palace with the gym teacher guy ten days before it had to be done, so I guess I have some downtime before the next big thing pops up. What should I be focussing on, getting a job, reading books, hanging out with team members, wandering around aimlessly talking to people? Seems like I'm only allowed to do one thing a day after school before something happens that results in me having to go home and be insulted for a bit before bedtime (e.g.: I went to the clinic to get some healing stuff for my second visit to the palace but ended up getting sick from experimental medicine and having to go immediately home).

I really like the concept of being thieves going inside people's perceptions of environments to change things up. Reminds me of Psychonauts. Hoping there's a lot more stuff like that (unlike, say, Remember Me which had that great memory-mixing conceit that happened all of three or four times in the entire game).

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Attitude Indicator posted:

Its fairly typical for jrpgs to have slow starts and tons of cutscenes, and probably P5s biggest flaw is when it takes control away from you for long periods of time while you mash through endless dialogue.
I don't think there is s way to view turn order beyond whos next.
Enemies respawn whenever you load in to a new area, but if you outlevel them enough they'll run away from you.

Cool thanks. By the end of the palace all the enemies appeared red to me so I guess I'm not strong enough to scare them off. It was pretty challenging for the last few fights before the boss (the boss himself was fairly easy in contrast). Can you get XP from just doing stuff or do I have to grind on enemies?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

You only gain XP from fighting enemies, but what's almost more important than level is your personas. When you fuse personas the resulting one will gain XP and they'll get a bonus based on how much you've leveled up their arcana's confidant

Cool. I did that once but have gained a whole shitload of personas (it actually made me delete a couple in the palace) and hit level 2 with a few confidants since then so I guess I'll check that out again before things kick off again.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Friday 13th is seriously fun. I've started a community, Goon Campers.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SamuraiPaul posted:

Does the game allow for both inverted y and inverted x on the camera controls? Don't think about it too hard just please check for me goon sir. Thank you in advance.

The only option I see is "inverted camera look" so I'm betting no.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Fallout 4 is 20 bucks. Is Fallout 4 worth 20 bucks?

No.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Woah, I'm a sucker for Telltale games (though Game of Thrones sucked) and didn't even know there was a Guardians of the Galaxy one somehow.

It's pretty good! Even in the first episode (not played beyond) there are two major relationship changers and a bunch of minor ones, and it's pretty funny to boot, like Tales from Borderlands. And of course it has some great songs, though I'm annoyed the episode was called Tangled up in Blue and didn't feature that song :mad:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yeah but the boat level in Destiny 2 is really really good tho

I laughed when you start that one early mission actually on a boat because of this thread

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does anyone know what makes the PS store slow down to a trickle sometimes, but not game downloads etc? Also, only on the PS4, not the website and stuff.

This infuriates me. I find that doing the connection test or rebooting the console fixes it. So frequently the store hangs at the payment screen and I have no idea if it went through or not. Why do you make it so hard for me to give you money, Sony?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Gordon is a highly trained professional
*Gordon is humping everything in sight and spray painting dickbutt on the wall*

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

fridge corn posted:

"best written for a game" is not a particularly high bar to surpass

True, but I think the Geralt/Yen thing works especially with all the book story.

It's definitely the least bad romance in a game even if it's not exactly Before Sunrise or something

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Idk cuz i haven't read any of the books and never will and I never played any of the earlier witcher games I just wanted her to gently caress off so I could go back to riding my horse and killing poo poo

That's fair enough really and you p. Much tell her to gently caress off

W3 is really good though imo

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

1 - Hard to build a gaming PC
2 - pc gaming is dying

that's all i remember. i think i turned it off after a few minutes.

3 - anime titty mods are not in every game

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Renoistic posted:

The romance in Fahrenheit has to be seen to be believed. Holy poo poo.

Haha, I originally played on pc and was nice to the ex girlfriend character. She immediately fucks you, and you have to thrust the mouse back and forth to hump.

I played it again years later on Xbox and was deliberately a dick to her so I didn't have to see that ridiculous poo poo.

And then... Zombie sex. I honestly didn't expect that so I was nice to that woman.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Anyone ever had problems with two-step verification? Sony aren't texting me the verification code. It's worked before, since that's how I set it up in the first place. I made a ticket in the meantime.

I still have the messages from the previous times I used the service back in October so I'm not going crazy.

I had a problem logging in to the app about two months ago. Wouldn't send me the text at all, so I ended up using one of the backup codes from the ps4 itself.

I got nine codes texted to me three weeks later.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

If you have PSVR then I can't recommend Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes and The Diner Duo enough if you want couch co-op.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think Telltale hasn't ever gotten a good hold on how to respond to the player choosing silence

There needs to be more Wolf Among Us, since [smoke] was objectively the best choice any time it was an option.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Can't you just say 'doll' so people know what you mean? Or figure? Or odd looking... figurine?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's what they're called. google totaku and these figurines are all you'll find

Oh it's actually a brand name. I thought it was just some weeb word for video games dolls.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The drop in quality from Until Dawn to Hidden Agenda is tragic. It's worse in every way. I don't know what lovely rear end engine they used but it can't render properly on the PS4 for poo poo.

Huh? I have a pro and it looks great to me. Also I enjoyed the game but I've only played it with friends and we had a blast. I'm betting it's awful single player.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hopper posted:

Does the Marvel Ultimate Alliance Bundle have couch co-op?

Yes

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Just finished dad of war story and every side quest I came across. Still got four Valkyrie quests and the two optional side realms to do.

What a phenomenal game. Doesn't quite knock Witcher 3 off of my personal list of ps4 favourites but drat it was good.

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 24, 2018

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Fix yer drat tags!

Sorry. Minor spoilers for side quests at least.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

One of the best things about Burnout Paradise is it's soundtrack. It's a total time capsule and it's loving awesome.

Eh I made my own.

I think there are maybe ten licensed tracks on it I like. The original music from Burnout 1-3 is fine enough and while I like a lot of the classical tracks they don't really get me pumped about driving 200mph and smashing my rivals off the road.

Though showtime crash mode to Moonlight Sonata could be pretty fun.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I just bought Yakuza 6
If this is bad I'm blaming this thread

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I just beat up a guy using a motorbike as a weapon then I fed a baby and now a young girl is on a stage dedicating a song to me

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Go get some popcorn you're going to need it

Yeah really how long is this intro?

My controller just turned off from waiting too long

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Okay so I founded an orphanage called morning glory and nobody found this suspicious and there's some dude with a jacket uglier than the one Nicolas cage wore in Wild at Heart that I fight all the time or something?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I've had to push forward on the stick for three seconds and that's the only controller input in half an hour lol

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Going to stop for tonight 'cos I have other things to do. I'm intrigued by Yakuza 6 but seriously, it's been an hour and i've had to push buttons maybe ten times lol.

Without goons raving about things I never would've played Earth Defence Force 2017 (which is a series I love) or Rez (which I've now bought on four different consoles) but then I also didn't enjoy Dark Souls or Bloodborne so who knows.

I don't get the deal with this orphanage, though. So it was being run by the orphans themselves for three years? There was that one kid that had a baseball scholarship so was he supposed to be 18? Because seriously everybody there looked like they were aged between 8 and 14, so it was a bit weird.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ellie looks a lot like Ellen Page did at that time.

The original version was basically identical

exquisite tea posted:

I remember thinking it was also kind of weird that they wrote Ellie as a queer character around the same exact time Ellen Page came out publicly although that could have just been a coincidence.

Huh? I though she came out like only two or three years ago? Last of Us was out way before that

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Yeah it was definitely after TLOU

I mean after working with David "I film ziss piss" Cage and basically having her face stolen for TLOU and then a lot of people suddenly being weirdly mad that she's gay I really can't blame Ellen Page for not wanting to have anything to do with videogames and/or people in general

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ah drat. GoW is great. Just clicked. Love it.

It's sooooo good, right?

I've never played a GoW game before but I was hooked after the first fight with The Stranger (and lol, I was thinking "holy poo poo that's Jeremy Davies" as soon as I saw that weird leaning back and pushing arms forward while grinning expression) and it only kept getting more and more awesome.

I still have a bunch of post-game stuff to do but you know what? I'm not gonna do it. I'm gonna play Yakuza 6, and I'll pick up GoW again in a few months to a year and visit all the stuff I missed along the way.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Why do I have to be at work instead of being at home playing Yakuza 6? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I can't imagine playing Yakuza on a phone. I doubt I'd even be able to read anything in the menus (it's not as bad as God of War, but the text is still pretty drat small).

I wasn't convinced in the first hour (which is almost entirely cut scene) but played for a few hours last night and am hopelessly hooked. Waggling the controller and using the touchpad to stroke a baby's head to make him stop crying while running round town desperately trying to find milk is the most hilariously stupid thing.