Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

man nurse posted:

In what world are we living where Inquisition is considered a bad game

goons will hate things purely on principal. Try not to think about it too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Countdown to Kaz twitter joke about name changes.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Prop Wash posted:

Whenever we get an open world sandbox RPG with crafting elements that stars Vocaloids

Isn't this just Ar Tonelico/Ar Nosurge?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Sony requires a persistent online connection to run games you own if you gameshare.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Policenaut posted:

I'm not 100% sure on how the console bundle works but the physical version of COD IW that comes with COD4 Remastered has COD4 built into the game so you HAVE to keep IW in order to play it. Does the box call it the Legacy edition or something along those lines? Because that's the case.

Ps4 version of modern warfare is a separate download code included within the box of infinite warfare. Strangely enough the xbone version of it is included on the disc so it can be resold.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Takoluka posted:

2 pages ago, but Dead or Alive 5 Last Round is on its sixth $92.99 USD Season Pass. On top of that, even if you own every Season Pass for the game, there are still separate DLC packs that you will need if you want everything.

Anyone who actually buys the DoA season pass deserves to have their money taken. The only gameplay critical dlc is the 2 character dlcs. All the rest is just dressup for your favorite character and I highly doubt anyone uses every single fighter in that game to the point they need to personalize them wih every single outfit. It's like going down to the cosmetic store a complaining about the price of buying every singe shade of eyeliner, you will never need them all unless you have serious brain problems.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I dont want a safe space, just want to actually talk about the game instead of dlc policies and Ubisoft as a whole. The FH thread is more for in-depth discussion of strategy etc, but it looks like you have successfully censored any discussion so I'll just go back there. Congrats, brave thread defender.

Truest post of the last few days.

Keep talking about what you love, who cares if someone doesn't agree with your POV, at the worst maybe an overzealous mod will give you a sixer but I highly doubt that.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Ps4 thread: Our fans will take a second job to pay for the Pro.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Real hurthling! posted:

always play yakuza games with combat as easy as possible to prevent stress injury to the hand

0 hasn't been too difficult with kiriyu's rush style, and majima's infinite use weapons trivializing every boss fight so far.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Paracelsus posted:

Don't forget to equip the Charismatic Autobiography to make things easier on yourself.

There is a special place in hell for people like you.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Fix posted:

Same. What does it even do?

Never got it myself but I assume it gives you a decent stat increase while also enraging all enemies and making their ai as aggressive as possible.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Sorry to interrupt page 4 of continuous soulsborne chat but I just got the platinum trophy in Horizon and deserve a pat on the back

nice, can you take a picture of it for us?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Snak posted:

They don't want people watching the game instead of playin it

You wouldn't stream a car...

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Mason Dixon posted:

Random question about Project Diva Future Tone: Is it set in stone that this version of Word's End Dancehall (the "live" version or something with the rather generic video, not the cool one with the trains like on Project Diva F) is the only one we're getting? That's one of the very few complaints I have about Future Tone, I really liked the Dancehall version on Diva F. I know the Ruby and Emerald costumes were added to Future Tone, but that doesn't make up for the video itself.

I think there may be some crazy licensing issue with that. It's the same reason why so many of the old songs are missing their associated modules and borrow them from other songs. Japanese licensing is also the reason why we can have the song "Black Rock Shooter" but the outfit "Black Rock Shooter" is off limits.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In Yakuza 0 you almost never drive a car. Unless you count Out Run

Let's not forget about Yakuza 5's drving which was 80% driving at the speed limit while practicing good brake and accelerator discipline while making sure to signal and stop for pedestrians at crosswalks.

The remaning 20% was doing amazing Initial D stuff on the highway loop.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeiJhKIA6ds

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 13, 2017

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

DrNutt posted:

Is there any word on a single other than that crappy VR light gun game or what have you?

I will not accept anyone slandering house of the dead 5 like this.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The Sony Cycle

Should I buy a PRO? > Whats the goon recommended tv? > FPS chat > Bloodborne chat > what are the good exclusives? > Ludo-narrative dissonance > Knack gifs > OMFG PS+ games are garbage, sony is loving us again > indie game sale > Anime chat > videogames are bad > actually videogames are good > other console chat > PC comparisons > should I buy a pro (repeat)...

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Bombadilillo posted:

I did! Heavy wouldn't tank it, and light was better but I still got locked 50% of the time. I don't know what it was. Who cares though I wanted to karaoke dammit

Heavy stance doesn't tank poo poo, you actually take more damage in it. Medium stance is the one with heavy defense and free counter attacks.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
What impressed me about DD the most was that a character's physical appearance actually impacted their abilities. Having a small scrawny character would make it impractical to wear heavy armor since you have a lower weight limit and a 7 foot slab of meat would be an impenetrable wall but would gas out really quickly by running around, but together would have combos where the Big guy could just pick up the little guy and toss them directly into a giant monsters face and start repeatedly stabbing them in the eye having used no stamina to climb up there.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The last platinum trophy I went out of my way to do was for Ar no Surge on ps3 and it is also the last one I will ever bother to do. I thought it wouldn't be so bad since I only had like 3-4 missing after finishing the game, but holy poo poo even as an anime apologist do I still feel filthy for going out of my way to unlock the "Bad Ending"

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I totally hated the super meter in SC5 and using it for Guard Impacts stunk. I just want a port of SC2 plus Dress Up mode minus the incredibly lovely online play of the previous PS3 port.

I wasn't a fan of how turtle oriented 2 was with guard impact, and 3's version was completely useless since it took longer for the person impacting to recover than the person impacted thanks to the guard cancel glitch, though this was fixed in the arcade version. Personally I liked how guard impact was far more powerful but required resources to use in 5. In fact I loved how 5 let you burn meter to make certain moves safe, add armor properties, or shortcut complicated throw commands, and it's awesome that tekken 7 has adopted some of these features.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Starkiller was fun as hell and I wish we could get another character with the same fighting style. Like a ninja with a chain attached to his sword or something.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Nuebot posted:

So I have a quick region lock question regarding DLC. I just got my copy of SRW:V and I know I have to use the right region DLC for the game, and I just redeemed the free day-one code on my singapore PSN account. But would I be able to play the game and have access to the DLC on my American account? Or would the DLC be locked out since I didn't redeem it on that account?

That game is a little weird when it comes to dlc licensing. some of the dlc like all the stuff that requires you to enter the network menu on the intermission screen is linked to the account exactly and cannot be shared with others on the same system. The preorder bonus unit dlc can be used by all accounts on the system though.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Looks like persona, but girls only. Also running on Koei's janky rear end engine that they use for everything.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

MechaSeinfeld posted:

As long as we're talking reboots I'm surprised no one has taken a shot at doing something with the Crusader series. They brought back Syndicate and that was pretty okay I heard.

Crusader: No Remaster must have cheesy live action cutscenes or it will not be worth anyone's time.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I'm sure that the inability to remove noticications now is for a future update where ads are now pop ups in the notification window which can be bypassed with the new playstation plus plus subscription.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
First they said no to mod support, then they said no to cross console play. Are we going to just let them take the rest of our freedoms? The answer is yes.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I still have no idea how people get sick/dizzy from playing in vr. Like I know the science and have seen people get physically ill, but I have never experienced motion sickness myself. All these years of video games and ocean diving have prepared me well I guess.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Star Man posted:

One of the complaints about Descent was that it gave people vertigo or motion sickness. In 1995 on a CRT monitor.

Once again I had no problem with descent and that was honestly my very first home PC game I ever had.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

rabidsquid posted:

How dare u leave Alpha Protocol off that list

My favorite thing in alpha protocol is that if you make the same choices but do it in a different order/timeframe can end up with a completely different outcomes.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Ugh why bother even playing videogames in the first place? Just watch the ending on YouTube and move on.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Please let us add sayake to our friend list this time, and i dunno maybe a great sword user or two.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
still no username changes, still no way to pin items to the main dashboard. Gonna go ahead with assuming there will be more ads now too.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I have to admit that every once in a while my thumbs still crash into each other while playing on dualshocks. You would think that playing videogames since 1987 would instill some ability to properly hold a controller, but I am a left handed mutant.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Liver Disaster posted:

OG Xbox Duke was the way and the light.

There was something about the grip and style of rumble the Duke had that felt so magical.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

haveblue posted:

More firmware 5.0 features:

-Custom sub-lists of friends
-Batch leave message groups (is this really a problem lots of people need help with?)
-Disable all notifications during video playback
-Invert notification color option
-Virtual 5.1/7.1 for DVD/BR playback in PSVR
-Tournament bracket screen

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/17/ps4s-system-software-5-00-beta-rolls-out-today-key-features-detailed/

batch leave message groups could be useful since if I don't turn on my ps4 for a day or so I end up with 10 message groups inviting me to get free psn cards/live cams/modded lobbies(whatever the hell this is?). I'm honestly not surprised since when I contacted sony about the onslaught of spam messages they just said "it's not a big deal, just press the leave group button".

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

glam rock hamhock posted:

Fear Effect is the game that invented Cel Shaded graphics and still actually looks pretty good, so let's remake it to look like a lovely PS2 game!

Seriously, I was expecting guilty gear quality shading with a name like fear effect.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Andrast posted:

And then they totally hosed up the release of the ps3 because they were arrogant

"Our true fans will gladly take a second job to pay for our new console"

also all that playstation branded designer housewares

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Can anyone give me an explanation on why I can't start my games due to not being connected to the internet, despite me being in an active party chat talking to my friends and using the built in web browser to search for troubleshooting tips on sony's website? Playstation store won't boot either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

CordlessPen posted:

I've had the same problem for a few weeks. I think they're having trouble shoveling coal into the license servers. In my case, restoring licenses fixed it. Long term, if it's an option, just in case you didn't know, you should set your PS4 as your primary so it doesn't have to validate your licenses every time.

That would be the easiest option but since I share my games with my brother's ps4 that's a no go. Glad to see it's not just me, suffering loves company.