Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow the trophies for TLG are pretty hardcore, not much in the way of gimmes just for playing through the game.

Welp, no point in trying it out now. Platinum or bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Manatee Cannon posted:

that game's like 40 hours tops

I got the platinum trophy in about 40 hours, but I can easily see myself going back and doing more runs just because the weapons are so drat fun. If anything I'd like to do NG++ with the Whirligig Saw.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

they'll launch the rdr online game promising the campaign will come soon and then it wont come

Now this is more believable than an Oct. 2 release date.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

keldon posted:

My DS4 sticks are all falling apart and it's time to replace them. Is there a consensus on the best replacements to get? I see a bunch on Amazon, some rubber, some aluminum, but all seem to have mixed reviews. Is there a clear standout for one that doesn't suck and won't fall apart again?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003NSLGW2/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_ky.Fyb9H2EKG5

I bought these last year and they work great.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I finally grabbed Assault Android Cactus and yeah, gently caress Broforce for winning that PS+ vote. AAC is so drat good!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Anything worthwhile in Goat Simulator or Surgeon Simulator?

Goat Simulator is an easy platinum if you're into that sorta thing.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

its going to be extremely funny when knack 2 is goty

It's gonna be even funnier when Knack 2 becomes a PS+ title before 1.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I stopped playing Yakuza 5 a few months ago early into Saejima's storyline. He was my least favorite character to play as in 4 and is annoying to play as in 5 (not a fan of "heavy" characters in any game). The fact that they throw in a forced hunting mini-game with him was my breaking point. I just recently started it up again and am still on his part, but I feel like a great game is past him. Plus I just really want to finish 5 before starting 0.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
So I think my launch PS4's hard drive may be making GBS threads the bed. I turned on the system and tried to start a game, only to have the system freeze (background music kept playing and ps symbols were changing). After about 30 seconds I can move around the dashboard again. This happens everytime I try to select something (Netflix or any other game). I rebuilt the database and at first absolutely nothing was showing on the dashboard aside from the top row (friends, notifications, trophies, etc.). I reset and now everything seems to working fine, but who knows for how long. Anyone else have this happen to them?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I got a code for the 4.50 software beta, but my external hard drive crapped out last week. Would it be ok to still download and install the beta without having any way to back up the system?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just bought Elder Scrolls Online from walmart.com for $3.76 w/free shipping. If all I want is more Elder Scrolls, will this purchase be justified?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'm about 12 hours into Nioh and I'm loving every minute of it, but god drat can I not play it for longer than an hour at a time before needing a break. I don't know why either because I've beaten every Soulsborne game and I'd play those for a few hours at a time.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Played some of the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta and I have got to say, the driving controls are probably the worst I've experienced in a long while. It may not make sense, but controlling a vehicle felt unresponsive and twitchy at the same time.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I had the opposite happen to me when I started a new playthrough a few weeks ago. Got up to the Cleric Beast and won on my first try. As much as I love the game, for some reason it just didn't hold me like I thought it would doing another run. Maybe it's just because there's already so many games to play and my subconscious was like "What the gently caress are you doing playing something you beat already?".

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

That said, I'm gonna have to give it another year or 2 before I play it again because I started over again a few months ago and just felt burned out on it.

I was telling a friend recently that I cannot wait for the blast of nostalgia when I replay Dark Souls 10 years from now.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

poptart_fairy posted:

It is nearly midnight on a workday and I am trawling San Francisco's gay bars to photograph someone puking their guts up, solely for an in-game trophy.

Wish I'd gotten into Watch_Dogs 2 earlier, holy poo poo.

I just finished this game last week and holy hell, I've never played a game where the characters are so annoying that I skip every cutscene. Gameplay was really fun though. My wife and I started cracking up when we were checking out the Full House area and some dude started smashing a parked cars windshield while screaming. We imagined it was someone's crazy ex.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

ghostinmyshell posted:

Is there a thread or discussion for Cosmic Star Heroine? I'm so disappointed picking this up to find this game requires constant saving due to random rear end game crashing bugs.

drat, is it really that bad? I was kind of looking forward to taking a break from Persona 5 this weekend and starting Cosmic Star Heroine.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Just go straight to bed every night because you know if you try to do anything else Morgana's gonna bitch at you about it.

Is Morgana the new Navi?

N: "Hey listen!"
M: "Go to bed!"

No, I don't want to right now!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Digirat posted:

This cat won't stop telling me to go to bed!!

Take your time.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Hogscraper posted:

I def prefer the Sega CD blue stripe style over all of them.

Same. I'm really excited for this release, never got around to playing the original.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Harlock posted:

I got my Platnium for Persona 5, time to never play it again.

(until the enhanced version)

How many playthroughs did it take you?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Harlock posted:

My file is at 108 hours. I did all but the three trophies you can't do until NG+. You can get all three of them as early as May, but it took me until June to do one of the activities.

Were you following a guide for your first playthrough?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

JBP posted:

I carry my ps4 in the front pocket of my skinny jeans.

Prove it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Skyrim on PS4, is it pretty much the exact same experience as the PS3 version, but better looking? What I mean is does it still have the same jankiness, graphical hick-ups, and framerate drops?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

J-Spot posted:

The framerate was at least mostly steady at 30fps when I played it at least. Nothing at all like the wild swings in the PS3 version. I'm not sure what sort of graphical hiccups you're referring to but the Bethesda jank is never going away.

I meant like pop-ins and the occasional freezing here and there. I'm replaying on the PS3 right now and would love to play it again without these minor annoyances.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sakurazuka posted:

There's never gonna be a PS5, just a slightly better version of 4 every couple of years.

PS4 Pro 2.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I ordered Mortal Kombat XL through Amazon (sold by 3rd party through Amazon) and received the UK version. This led me on a hunt for a seller who actually sold the US version, but so many I asked replied saying they had the UK version, even though they were all listed under the US sku listing. Even some ebay sellers who were using a stock US version photo said it's actually the UK version. Did most companies accidentally receive an overstock of one version and are now stuck trying to dupe customers just to get rid of em? I know the PS4 is region free, but I wasn't able to access the store to download any free costumes/stages.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Wandle Cax posted:

You should just make a UK account and you can download all the DLC from that store and install it then switch back to your account like normal and you'll still have access to it. You should do that anyway to take advantage of the region specific deals and such on the EU store, you can fund the account through amazon or something.

I already returned the UK version and ordered what I'm hoping is the US version. Should I delete any save files in case they're not compatible with each other?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I AM THE TOILET posted:

I guess I'm broken because I think the Batmobile is awesome in that game. I like scaling buildings with it and tearing poo poo down and I think it's a cool extension to the Riddler puzzles. The king of the hill/swarm battles with the tanks are cool and I feel like a badass when I zip right into the perfect position to avoid 20 tank shots.

If Arkham Knight is bad for anything it's being absolutely bloated with Ubisoft levels of open world bullshit. Hated shutting down the military outposts. Didn't need even half as many Riddler trophies. I still need to go back and finish the game on the hardest difficulty. I haven't even cracked open any of the side story missions; not even the Harley Quinn thing that came with my pre-order.

Yeah, Joker theme park was claustrophobic and just not fun at all to navigate.

I really enjoyed the batmobile segments, had a lot of fun just driving around town in it while drifting. I was really disappointed with the Harley Quinn dlc though, seemed really short and boring.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

I guess Far Cry 5 is some Jim Jones cult, which is slowly becoming the new zombies or something.

Good, let it become the new fad in horror. Cults are way more scary than zombies just because it's more real that something like that would happen. I keep watching these new teasers, especially the church one. Even if they weren't for FC5 they are still awesome teasers. Just the calm beauty of Montana scenery being disrupted by terror is great.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I think if RDR2 wasn't announced and these were teasers for a Rockstar game, I'd be way more excited.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samurai Sanders posted:

The Ys VIII PS4 port came out today in Japan and man I love Vita ports. 60fps no matter what and load times over in the blink of an eye. I wish all games could be like that.

So are you saying I made a mistake pre-ordering the Vita version?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

MrLonghair posted:

Everybody's Golf PS4 quickly became a game I will purchase, unless I get busy with all the PSVR games I'm drowning in. Being $40 makes it easier, so chill and relaxed.

I really want to be excited for Everybody's Golf, but the difficulty spike in Hot Shots Vita kind of ruined it for me. Maybe it's just me, but that game got hard real quick.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
According to PSNProfiles, Nubla has the highest platinum percentage (highest english game) with 97.64%. Next to that is My Name is Mayo with 97.50%. As much as I love achieving platinums, I just can't bring myself to get My Name is Mayo. I'm not that desperate, yet.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Harlock posted:

I remember trying to platinum hunt and then I rented Terminator Salvation. Ended that interest real quick.

I fell down that hole once. Ya know, I'm kinda happy Nintendo didn't introduce an achievement system with the Switch. I can always rely on playing Nintendo games just for fun.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I've always liked rumble? 🤷🏽‍♀️ should always be optional though

If it wasn't for the DS4's horrible battery life I'd have no problem leaving rumble on. I think the controller speaker is pretty cool and would love leaving it on too.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Doom is the first game I have played that makes my PS4 sound like a jet engine. I guess that means its well optimized and is pulling everything out of the PS4's hardware.

I just recently started playing HZD and it's definitely putting my launch PS4 to test. I don't remember Doom making the fan sound as loud as Horizon does.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Does anyone think Sony watches Microsoft's conferences each year and maybe change some things up to their own within the 24 hours before it airs just to make it that much better? Probably not and I have no idea how E3 works behind the curtains. Hell, it could also be that MS keeps shooting themselves in the foot lately.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Boogalo posted:

Bloodborne too I believe. I haven't received the horizon theme and its been a couple of months :( (yes my email options are set correctly)

I platinumed HZD yesterday and got the theme email today. I have yet to receive a Bloodborne theme however, only a "Congrats" email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Rad Valtar posted:

It's probably my favorite game of last year and one of my favorite ever. I thought the story would probably end with a wet fart like most games of this type but it really delivers.

I thought the opposite about the ending, a lot of pre-release hype had me excited for some sort of "Aloy and everyone else were really robots as well". The actual ending wasn't as mind blowing I guess.